Is football not a man's field? Away @ the Stags 26th Jan 2021

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Is football not a man's field? Away @ the Stags 26th Jan 2021

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:58 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:05 pm
Next three games, next 10 days, we're playing three of the bottom five. And I repeat - we're five points below the dots.

Might be getting giddy but isn't that why we follow? Oh my, you can't buy that feeling from any street vendor.
Stop it. I will not allow your giddiness to influ....

FIVE fecking POINTS!!!!?? WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!

Title's ours to lose now, eh? :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm

Take it the subs made a difference? Our bench is so much better now! 6 weeks ago I was bemoaning Hickman not getting on to give us an option wide right!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:35 pm

I'd say we look about 8 points off the playoffs mentally factoring in the different number of games played. If that sparks a run and we can win the next 3 winnable games (making 5 in a row) I'll start to believe.

Maddison is a funny one. I can only think he's not their fitness wise. There are flashes of quality but he looks half a yard off most of the time. And hooked at 60 and 70 the last two games. He looks a liability off the ball too.

Like DSB I'd give him one more start before rotating. But Delf and Arthur pushing hard.

Thought Doyle was pretty poor again. Busy and gives his all but we couldn't make it stick for large periods, and we're never going to boss possession for 90 at this level.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Doyle might be due a rest. If he was on the bench next game and came on for the last twenty I’d back him to score. Maddison...he’s certainly a debate sparker. I thought his off the ball work rate left us exposed Saturday. Arthur should be starting. Front four of Arthur/Dapo/Maddison/Delf at the weekend with Doyle on for the last twenty if needed? Sarce back as well!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Nigel Cloughs post match interview is worth a listen. Our goals, flukes. Their (fluke) goal, was a great hit 🤣. What a whopper!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:58 pm

Yup, Doyle is struggling. I only noticed today how bad his first touch is. However, he scores goals and had an assist today. Definitely an undroppable asset even though I do believe Miller will give defenders more problems.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Doyle’s getting 20 goals this season.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Just looking at the beeb stats we had seven shots and only two on target.
How the hell did we score three , game should be called a draw. Mansfield have the right of appeal.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:18 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:57 pm
Nigel Cloughs post match interview is worth a listen. Our goals, flukes. Their (fluke) goal, was a great hit 🤣. What a whopper!
Bitter sh!thead. Was narky all the way through the game, even when 2-0 up. Has to deflect from the fact that he and his team f&&ked up royally.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:19 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm
How the hell did we score three , game should be called a draw. Mansfield have the right of appeal.
They kindly furnished us with the middle goal.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Evatt on Gilks FT fracas: “A couple of their players were giving him stick about the mistake but when they’ve played in the Premier League and had the career that Matt has then maybe they can say something but for now I’d suggest they keep their mouths shut”

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 am

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:18 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Bitter sh!thead. Was narky all the way through the game, even when 2-0 up. Has to deflect from the fact that he and his team f&&ked up royally.
In fairness I do think we get a big stroke of luck with our two goals and we hadn’t really looked threatening prior to that. He’s got a fair point. But it’s not like they were worthy of a 2 goal lead either. I’d suggest over the course a draw was probably a reasonable result but we scored the pick of the goals thanks to Arthur.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:54 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm
Nigel? Is that you?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 am
officer_dibble wrote:
In fairness I do think we get a big stroke of luck with our two goals and we hadn’t really looked threatening prior to that. He’s got a fair point. But it’s not like they were worthy of a 2 goal lead either. I’d suggest over the course a draw was probably a reasonable result but we scored the pick of the goals thanks to Arthur.
They only went ahead through a fumbled fluke goal, and still lost despite the advantage of being used to their ploughed field. And we scored the best goal to win it.
Nigel can lick my hairy bawbag. :grin:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:01 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 am
officer_dibble wrote:
The first maybe, but the second is a driven ball across goal. The chance of it going in is higher than a lofted ball to the back stick.
And Clough can do one, their first was gifted to them by Gilks.

Resolute performance from Bolton that if we'd drawn from 2-0 down would have been great. But as you say the goal by Arthur was the cherry on the cake.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:24 am

See, our first goal reminded me of Steinsson's some years ago. If you stick your cross towards the back post then you create a job of work for the keeper / a ball that a defender can't touch / an easy header (goal) for a guy attacking the ball, and there's the off chance that it'll go straight in. Similar circumstances with John's low driven ball back in for the second goal whereby their lad sticks a toe on it and look what happened.

You make your own luck, Nigel (you dour c*nt)!
May the bridges I burn light your way

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:04 am

Have to say lads, I'm still BUZZING after last night. 'Absolute scenes' in my front room when Arthur buried the third - got told off by the missus for scaring our daughter. :D

Arthur really has been a revelation these last few games - he's such a talented lad and I don't really get how he's got to the age of 28 without having more success in professional football. It'd be a kick in the teeth for the boy if he doesn't get a start at Southend on Saturday.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:12 am

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:04 am
Arthur really has been a revelation these last few games - he's such a talented lad and I don't really get how he's got to the age of 28 without having more success in professional football.
Not many clubs round the corner from his gaff though, so maybe he is self-limiting??

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:41 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:35 pm
I'd say we look about 8 points off the playoffs mentally factoring in the different number of games played. If that sparks a run and we can win the next 3 winnable games (making 5 in a row) I'll start to believe.
I hear you brother, and there are some high figures floating around for the PPG we would have to maintain. However, what I’d add is that we’re playing the next three midweeks - so that’s Sat-Tue-Sat-Tue-Sat-Tue-Sat; those with games in hand will presumably rearrange them for thereafter rather than play Tue-Thu-Sat. All we can do is win our games and if we continue to do so then the others will have to keep winning too - and possibly have the pressure of having to overhaul us.

Also worth noting that Evatt got a fair old head of steam up at Barrow. We had a touch of that earlier in the season. It might all crumble again but right now it’s exciting and that’s something we’ve got to hold on to - whether it’s for a fairytale ending to this season or just a promising one, a strengthening summer and a proper go next time.