Top 5 of all time...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:13 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 am
Similar to BWFC-I, if you like it, go for it 😉

Film: Gregory's Girl
TV: I too find The Apprentice absolutely compulsive. My winner is usually the contestant who I'd like to smash in the face with a wet parcel of shit the least 😜
Music: The Cars - Drive
Food: Fish finger butties (essentially, Warby's toastie, M&S fish fingers, shredded iceberg, grated Gouda / Edam, good quality tartar sauce)
Clothes: Robert Graham shirts (the ones Jay Rayner wears)
You can tell someone is a ‘foodie’ when their guilty pleasure needs a trip to M&S and contains foreign cheese. Sounds amazing though. That’s going to be my lunch on Saturday!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:13 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 am
Similar to BWFC-I, if you like it, go for it 😉

Film: Gregory's Girl
TV: I too find The Apprentice absolutely compulsive. My winner is usually the contestant who I'd like to smash in the face with a wet parcel of shit the least 😜
Music: The Cars - Drive
Food: Fish finger butties (essentially, Warby's toastie, M&S fish fingers, shredded iceberg, grated Gouda / Edam, good quality tartar sauce)
Clothes: Robert Graham shirts (the ones Jay Rayner wears)
You can tell someone is a ‘foodie’ when their guilty pleasure needs a trip to M&S and contains foreign cheese. Sounds amazing though. That’s going to be my lunch on Saturday!
😁 Definitely worth knocking up your own tartare sauce too if you're struggling to find the good stuff. This is made up from stuff I generally have in anyway; https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/quic ... auce_67777
May the bridges I burn light your way

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 pm

A home made MCDs brekkie also a good shout and dead simple - recipes all over t'internet and taste amazing (without having to leave the comfort of your home or guilty pleasure PJs/loungewear of choice...)

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 pm

A home made MCDs brekkie also a good shout and dead simple - recipes all over t'internet and taste amazing (without having to leave the comfort of your home or guilty pleasure PJs/loungewear of choice...)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 pm
Whilst on the topic of guilty pleasures, Uber Eats delivers MCD's :-)

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 pm
dave the minion wrote:
No need. All that is needed is some sausage meat, mix with some sage and then flatten into burgers and cook. Halve an English muffin and toast the inside. Fry an egg in as circular-a-way as you can. Stick on a cheap and nasty plastic cheese slice (the cheaper and nastier the better) and melt a bit, and bob is indeed your uncle......

As good as, if not better than the original.....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:09 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:07 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
No need. All that is needed is some sausage meat, mix with some sage and then flatten into burgers and cook. Halve an English muffin and toast the inside. Fry an egg in as circular-a-way as you can. Stick on a cheap and nasty plastic cheese slice (the cheaper and nastier the better) and melt a bit, and bob is indeed your uncle......

Or click an app select sausage egg McMuffin. Order. Wait 15 minutes. Enjoy.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:09 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:

Fair point - hard to argue with - but the unseen value to having created such a thing in your own kitchen is worth something.....

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:15 pm

dave the minion wrote:

I did this a couple of times during lockdown (without a recipe 8) ), with surprisingly good results. Miss BP was a big fan of them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:39 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:

I usually use Squig square sausages, which, other than for the shape, obviously, are a fairly close match to McD's sausages.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:

We aren’t near enough a McDonald’s for anywhere to do delivery! :cry: I’ll have to try a ‘make your own’.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
No fecker delivers anything here. Nearest McD or chain takeaway is over 3 hours away. Birdseye chicken dippers and airfryer chips is about as exciting as it gets here.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
No fecker delivers anything here. Nearest McD or chain takeaway is over 3 hours away. Birdseye chicken dippers and airfryer chips is about as exciting as it gets here.
On the plus side, I was looking at Covid cases today and Bolton alone has about 100 more then the entirety of West Sussex, I’d imagine it’s fairly minimal in your part of Scotland too. Least we will be able to stay alive to eat food (that isn’t McDonalds) :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:18 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
On the plus side, I was looking at Covid cases today and Bolton alone has about 100 more then the entirety of West Sussex, I’d imagine it’s fairly minimal in your part of Scotland too. Least we will be able to stay alive to eat food (that isn’t McDonalds) :wink:
I unfortunately we don't have a scooby what's going on as we're lumped in with about half of Scotland. Meaning all the cases could be near me, or not. We were hard hit early on with a lot of deaths in our local care home. Sadly customers and relatives of our customers. 🙁

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:30 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:

We aren’t near enough a McDonald’s for anywhere to do delivery! :cry: I’ll have to try a ‘make your own’.

If you need any tips. 😉 I could always do us a maccy’s breakfast for dinner tea, when I’m next down. Would that be wrong? 🤔

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:03 pm

Have we had one of these on worst gigs / bands seen etc. Yet?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 pm

All about times'. I'm not going to even pretend that the early Beatles era wasn't massive fun, along with Cat Stevens, Dave Clark Five, Donovan etc, etc. Course they were. There were hundreds of bands bashing the skins and strings back then. We just grew with them, Dylan, Mamas and Papas, Stones, ever onwards. It was a brilliant time. I loved all of it. How can I pick five? ... :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:03 pm
Have we had one of these on worst gigs / bands seen etc. Yet?
Not worst, as far as I can recall...

1) Human League at Apollo, dragged there by missus. Awful

2) probably Iron Maiden (who have been excellent when I saw them in the 80's), but 30 years later, time to pack away the spandex

3) Lindisfarne. Why did I go?

4) James Last. Wasn't actually inside the gig. Queueing an all nighter at the Apollo for tickets the next day...what was that all about?

5) struggling to get 5th...after "cheating" on 4th

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 pm
All about times'. I'm not going to even pretend that the early Beatles era wasn't massive fun, along with Cat Stevens, Dave Clark Five, Donovan etc, etc. Course they were. There were hundreds of bands bashing the skins and strings back then. We just grew with them, Dylan, Mamas and Papas, Stones, ever onwards. It was a brilliant time. I loved all of it. How can I pick five? ... :mrgreen:
^^ WORST gigs/bands seen....were they all bad , TD?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:26 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 pm
^^ WORST gigs/bands seen....were they all bad , TD?
Ah, I was actually replying to the thread title, not Bruce's worst gigs one. We jump from biscuits to bands and sausage meat to football shirts with abandon...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?