Be Wise and Ern it: Morecambe (A) Sat 24/4/21 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Be Wise and Ern it: Morecambe (A) Sat 24/4/21 @ 3pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm
Yes for me too. He seems to have put a keeper on the bench for FGR and Cambridge? if memory isn't playing tricks, would be surprised if he didn't here too.
FGR & Newport, but not Cambridge.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm
Yes for me too. He seems to have put a keeper on the bench for FGR and Cambridge? if memory isn't playing tricks, would be surprised if he didn't here too.
FGR & Newport, but not Cambridge.
Ta!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:31 pm

I suspect that shithouse Derek Adams is already lining up the drills for leaving a knee or an elbow in on Gilks at set pieces. Percentage wise it would be worth them having a red card if it meant an outfield player yin net for us. Jensen on the bench is a must.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:31 pm
I suspect that shithouse Derek Adams is already lining up the drills for leaving a knee or an elbow in on Gilks at set pieces. Percentage wise it would be worth them having a red card if it meant an outfield player yin net for us. Jensen on the bench is a must.
Given how well protected goalkeepers are, and how good Gilks is at playing the refs, there's a case for saying I wouldn't mind this. Get one of their oxen off early on and the job gets easier.

And we seem to have got much better since the home game at appealing for decisions, even if refs remain frequently wrong.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Given how well protected goalkeepers are, and how good Gilks is at playing the refs, there's a case for saying I wouldn't mind this. Get one of their oxen off early on and the job gets easier.

And we seem to have got much better since the home game at appealing for decisions, even if refs remain frequently wrong.
I was under the impression that we were getting a good rub of the green from the referees. We've had a fair few number of goals disallowed but in terms of regular decisions it's been pretty good in our favour, particularly the last match. Maybe that's us appealing for decisions more of the refs being of a higher standard. I suspect the higher up the table, the better the referee's we'll get assigned.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:51 pm

Mar wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:45 pm
officer_dibble wrote:

I was under the impression that we were getting a good rub of the green from the referees. We've had a fair few number of goals disallowed but in terms of regular decisions it's been pretty good in our favour, particularly the last match. Maybe that's us appealing for decisions more of the refs being of a higher standard. I suspect the higher up the table, the better the referee's we'll get assigned.
Some big decisions gone against us though. A couple of rescinded reds (one which IMO changed the game vs this lot at home).

And penalties. Dunno what we've got to do to get one. Cambridge have 12, Tranmere/Newport 10, FGR 7, Cheltenham 6, Morecambe 6 - us 3...people might want to factor that in when looking at our "scoring" comparisons...

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:51 pm
Mar wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Some big decisions gone against us though. A couple of rescinded reds (one which IMO changed the game vs this lot at home).

And penalties. Dunno what we've got to do to get one. Cambridge have 12, Tranmere/Newport 10, FGR 7, Cheltenham 6, Morecambe 6 - us 3...people might want to factor that in when looking at our "scoring" comparisons...
I suspect we need people with the ball in the box more to get pens! Other than Dapo on Saturday I can't remember us having many penalty appeals turned down of late.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Dapo at FGR immediately leaps to mind. Couple of handball claims as well IIRC

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:21 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:56 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:51 pm
Mar wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

I suspect we need people with the ball in the box more to get pens! Other than Dapo on Saturday I can't remember us having many penalty appeals turned down of late.
We've certainly had a few turned down over the course of the season. We had Dapo on Saturday (which was nailed on IMO), one v FGR and one v Barrow. They're the ones I recall in the last couple of months.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Evatt says Declan John's is an impact injury on side of the knee. A dead leg type thing. Might be ok for Saturday. So that's good news. Certainly not season ending from sounds of it.

Sarce is ready apparently.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:59 pm
Evatt says Declan John's is an impact injury on side of the knee. A dead leg type thing. Might be ok for Saturday. So that's good news. Certainly not season ending from sounds of it.

Sarce is ready apparently.
Thank you for this day-brightening input. Those are two very big players for us. COYWM

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Morecambe have lost someone for the season today as well. John O Sullivan whoever he is!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm

I like Brockers I think more than most, but Jackson seemed competent and would be my first choice to replace John if he's out. Big call on Sarc. We look miles better with him, but do you risk throwing him straight back in?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm
I like Brockers I think more than most, but Jackson seemed competent and would be my first choice to replace John if he's out. Big call on Sarc. We look miles better with him, but do you risk throwing him straight back in?
Pfft, we can bring him off if we're winning 3-0...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:
I'd have him on bench. Midfield look tired so we'd have someone to bring on to freshen it up and also a goalscoring option on bench. Throwing him in sounds a bit risky to me. If he's injured or off the pace you've nothing up your sleeve.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:42 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:37 pm
Morecambe have lost someone for the season today as well. John O Sullivan whoever he is!
Attacking midfielder. Has scored five, which is more than most of ours. They're talking up the 18-year-old that's replacing him but let's not pretend this isn't good news.
Prufrock wrote:
If he's declared fit, he should be able to start. Had he been in the 18 on Tuesday there would have been a case for giving him the last half-hour but this could be a season-defining game and our midfielders have looked a bit leggy. I'd ask him to give me an hour and then bring someone else on to ask more questions.

But who? A month ago it would have seemed madness to drop Tomo, but his range of passing and heroic doggedness – combined with a slight loss of lustre for Lee, starting from but not now entirely connected to his chance-missing at Newport - make it a tougher choice than it was.

I think I'd be tempted to start with maximum experience - MJ & Lee behind Sarce. Tough on Tomo but I suspect that's the best selection for the first hour, when Morecambe will be coming at us fists flying. Tomo can come on for the last 30, stretching their tired little Shrimp legs.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:14 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:37 pm
This quote was taken from the Bolton Trotters Forum .... Says it all about Billy Big Bollox teams

Well done, Dibs, your reach knows no bounds. And there was me thinking we were a pretty sociable lot. Jeez, I had to look up Marcus Maddison who's a League 1, modern day messiah... :lol: :lol:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 pm

Hahaha I guess that’s how we used to feel. If it’s any consolation shrimps I only know our players from watching them all season!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 pm
Hahaha I guess that’s how we used to feel. If it’s any consolation shrimps I only know our players from watching them all season!
So let me educate you, young Billy Big Bollox. 40 odd appearances, 5 goals, 8 assists. Impressive tally. But didn't play at weekend (think his injury was game previous). Started career with the Dingles...Don't recall us coming across him but he only played a few...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:12 pm

So worth signing by a big club like us in the summer?