Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:49 am

I used to absolutely detest Rod Hull and Emu with a bristling passion. How the feck he got to steel a living for that long with that 'act' will remain a mystery forever.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:40 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:49 am
I used to absolutely detest Rod Hull and Emu with a bristling passion. How the feck he got to steel a living for that long with that 'act' will remain a mystery forever.
:shock: you're dead to me Bruce. Those old clips still crack me up now!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:40 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Really? They still make me want to smash him in the face and rip his silly bird up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:49 am
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:42 am
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:43 am
It seems to me a slight issue that by the time you've hanged the dodgy cops for tampering with evidence you've already...never mind.
Mistakes would be rare, very rare mind I'd expect that from someone in your line of work, reduced business n all that.
Mistakes would be rare. What about deliberate set ups? And what do you do when a ‘mistake’ is made? How do you compensate his family? Kill those who were responsible for the mistake I guess? Cos no amount of money is bringing him back.

I think you’d have to say that any executioner should face the punishment if they execute an innocent person. Only fair. How many would volunteer for that?

In the USA don’t they have thousands and thousands of wrongful convictions every year? I suspect we are much lower but will still be hundreds I imagine. Kill ten of those and what are you doing? Can’t reverse it.
Okay name all these people wrongly convicted of murder, the type that would result in a capital punishment in, say, the last decade for instance.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:10 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:40 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Really? They still make me want to smash him in the face and rip his silly bird up.
Blimey. I must admit my admiration for him waned a little when I heard how he died. Fell of his roof trying to sort his TV aerial for the Man U Bayern Munuch final.

As Frank Skinner said at the time, it makes for a great football trivia question;

In what year did Hull go down as a result of Manchester United winning the Champions League? 😀
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:09 pm

When will they ever learn? Myanmar. Nothing is new, even atrocities; history is rife with them. But this is the millennium, so what has the world learned? Close to a million refugees, children not excluded, have fled Myanmar for Bangladesh (and other places) to escape genocide by the militia under government orders. Civilisation; what exactly does it mean, because civilised is what the world is not. Madness.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:40 pm

Wife's just come back from Asda. "Give em less, charge more" seems to be well in force.
Everything, taxis included, are making it difficult to manage. A malt loaf used to be a decent sized loaf, now it's all wrapping and no substance but the price goes up. Where will it all end?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:40 pm
Wife's just come back from Asda. "Give em less, charge more" seems to be well in force.
Everything, taxis included, are making it difficult to manage. A malt loaf used to be a decent sized loaf, now it's all wrapping and no substance but the price goes up. Where will it all end?
I've no doubt there is some gouging going on Tango, but the cost of doing business is quite scary right now. Our electricity bill went from £1k a month to £3.5k a month overnight. There is no price cap for businesses. We already increased wages quite significantly (for a small business) earlier in the year and are looking at paying out some cost of living bonuses to help our staff. This is on top of supplier fuel levies, packaging and ancillary increases, before we get to product increases. It is going to get a lot worse in the coming months I'm afraid. A lot of businesses are going to go out of business this winter. I'm lucky that we're ok, but despite record turnover this year I'll only be breaking even as things stand.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:29 am

Thanks for the run-down A.T. Small business owners ,just like the rest of the working population, are making a living and even existing by sheer hard work. The incentives are much lessened by current event, caused in the main by Covid and a greedy,power mad ruler pretending his murderous actions against the already Russian world power regime are in the defence of fictitious threats against his country. The knock-on effects of his madness are terrifying.

All these things are known yet the mightier become more mighty while the rest suffer helplessly. Where it will all end only The Lord knows.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:05 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:29 am
Thanks for the run-down A.T. Small business owners ,just like the rest of the working population, are making a living and even existing by sheer hard work. The incentives are much lessened by current event, caused in the main by Covid and a greedy,power mad ruler pretending his murderous actions against the already Russian world power regime are in the defence of fictitious threats against his country. The knock-on effects of his madness are terrifying.

All these things are known yet the mightier become more mighty while the rest suffer helplessly. Where it will all end only The Lord knows.
The prices of energy in the uk are rocketing above almost all of the rest of Europe bar the Czech Republic. We are going to be paying way way more than the French or the Germans.

So let’s not pretend this is simply a war and it’s unavoidable. France have frozen prices since October of last year. We are paying more and suffering more because of our own choices. Putin has obviously made things worse but given how much Europe is dependent on Russian gas compared to us and given their prices are staying lower we obviously are in a terrible state.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:05 am
TANGODANCER wrote:

The prices of energy in the uk are rocketing above almost all of the rest of Europe bar the Czech Republic. We are going to be paying way way more than the French or the Germans.

So let’s not pretend this is simply a war and it’s unavoidable. France have frozen prices since October of last year. We are paying more and suffering more because of our own choices. Putin has obviously made things worse but given how much Europe is dependent on Russian gas compared to us and given their prices are staying lower we obviously are in a terrible state.
They will end up paying extortionate prices the same as us once their storage reserves fall being Putin has cut them off effectively, that's the war effects.
On the other hand I totally agree that the idiots who have been in charge for the last 30 years are to blame for the mess we are in listening to the NIMBYS, greater spotted Newt lovers, the oh God we'll all die from Radiation nutters.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Decommissioning costs for current facilities stood at what? £160 billion including Sellafield? That's maybe £20k per tax payer. Thank heavens for cheap energy that you're happy to stick on your children's tab...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

That's just a reflection of the inertia the ridiculously long Tory party leadership has caused, though?

Once the new PM has their feet under the table the price of energy will be addressed, I'd imagine most likely in the form of a freeze on the energy price cap.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:20 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:04 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

That's just a reflection of the inertia the ridiculously long Tory party leadership has caused, though?

Once the new PM has their feet under the table the price of energy will be addressed, I'd imagine most likely in the form of a freeze on the energy price cap.
I mean they’ve been paying less for a long time in many cases. The result of political choices we make. Rather than anything much else. Public opinion is of course changing and we might end up with something akin to France if we are lucky eventually.

Let’s just hope that the gas and oil producers pay for at least some of the bill rather than as we’ve done for the last decade just pass it down to us to pay via taxes and reduced and dead public services.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:25 pm

Dear "Card Issuer" - please could you stop asking me to authorize so many fcuking transactions by entering an SMS code or in your app. It's fcuking annoying.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:40 pm

Matt Hancock. Seriously. Does public service mean anything? Do the people who died as a result of your failures mean anything?

Or is it all just about making your money whilst you can?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:40 pm
Matt Hancock. Seriously. Does public service mean anything? Do the people who died as a result of your failures mean anything?

Or is it all just about making your money whilst you can?
The latter, obviuosly. If I went to Australia for three weeks and still expect to be paid, whilst unable to do my job, I'd (rightly) expect to not have a job on my return. This should trigger a by election. I'm amazed anyone would think this a good idea in the current climate.

Self-serving cvnts the lot of em.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:55 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:25 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:40 pm

Self-serving cvnts the lot of em.
It's a self-serving world we live in Gary. Even kids no longer have a true childhood where they can just grow up and learn as they go. They're all told what they can (and should) do to become world champs and "Achieve their potential". Makes you wonder how we managed to learn or achieve anything without the internet,Google and Wikipedia etc. Christmas approaches and half the world's kids are choosing their new model mobile phones while the other half wonder if they'll get a meal or survive winter. Angry doesn't even go there.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:26 pm

My arthritis is so bad I have to use a wheelchair if I go out and Christmas day we're going to my sons for the day. We have use a taxi with a ramp. Wife rang up today to book a there and back journey from one local firm. She was informed all taxi firms are charging double on Christmas Day. It usually costs £30 for a 3.4 mile trip, Farnworth to Breighmet, now it's £65 ....Merry Christmas lads... :evil:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:59 pm

Apologies in advance, if this doesn't apply, but there are circumstances where you can buy discounted travel vouchers TD, which can be used for some taxis etc..

£60 is bloody extortionate.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/travel-vouchers