Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 30, 2023 7:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 6:34 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:37 am
boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:33 am
I'd take Connell back in a heartbeat. An improvement on every one of our midfielders
So long as you don’t ask him to hit a barn door with his left foot!
All his league goals were with his left foot! (Well there were only 2, but ya know) :D
I meant the absolute sitter he managed to shank wide at Wembley in extra time….
Ahh. Didn't see it. :-)
Absolute beaut. Basically game on a plate. And he shanked it.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:25 pm

Real shame for 16-year-old Dylan Smith getting sent off in the SPFL play off.

He's a player a lot of English clubs are tracking.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:44 pm

Football is dead. Absolutely dead. Penalty for a ball striking the end of someone’s finger from point blank range.

No penalty for a clear foul in the box.

What is the point anymore?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:44 pm
Football is dead. Absolutely dead. Penalty for a ball striking the end of someone’s finger from point blank range.

You can throw in Casemiro getting a freekick after he nearly broke a lad's ankle.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:51 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:44 pm

You can throw in Casemiro getting a freekick after he nearly broke a lad's ankle.
Yeah as clear a red as you will ever see. VAR what a load of utter bollocks.

Mind suspect FA have given out the orders to ensure Man Utd win this.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:54 pm

I dunno. They were always giving thr pen. Don't think the one at the other end was a pen. Cashmere red for me and they got the FK...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:54 pm
I dunno. They were always giving thr pen. Don't think the one at the other end was a pen. Cashmere red for me and they got the FK...
Autocunt

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
The penalty decision against Grealish shows exactly why the game has gone. Anyone who thinks that rule is right has never played the game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:49 pm

Right result in the end though. Hard to believe how poor Man Utd were. City barely got out of third and still Utd were decidedly second best. Young lad who came on for them looks a talent though and does every time I see him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:12 pm

Wasn't really bothered who won (although a lifetime anti United history is hard to shake). A decent game but two volleyed lashes which on another day could have gone anywhere, and a ridiculous penalty decision defined the result. Jack Grealish was M.O.T.M for me, and Fred looked like he wanted to be sent off. Was hoping for more from Haarland but United defence kept him quiet, and De Braune was his usual classy self. Lively last fifteen, but the right result I think.

p.s. United's young protege looks a real prospect. I've seen three T.V games with him in and been well impressed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
The penalty decision against Grealish shows exactly why the game has gone. Anyone who thinks that rule is right has never played the game.
I'm with you mate, but they're taking subjective out of the gamer. So you end up with "did it objectively hit his hand" yadda, yadda. For me, no way was that a penalty. Bit I understand with the current laws why it was given, sadly.

I am absolutely baffled by the Casimero "rewatch" at least a yellow, possibly a red, free kick United.. just unfathomable.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I'm with you mate, but they're taking subjective out of the gamer. So you end up with "did it objectively hit his hand" yadda, yadda. For me, no way was that a penalty. Bit I understand with the current laws why it was given, sadly.

I am absolutely baffled by the Casimero "rewatch" at least a yellow, possibly a red, free kick United.. just unfathomable.
They aren’t removing subjectivity though cos you’ve got ‘natural position’ bollocks. All these rules are there to suit VAR. It was an absolutely ridiculous penalty. As Grealish himself said he wasn’t even looking at the ball. The rules need changing.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:32 am

That handball was ridiculous. Would've been bad enough if the ref had given it and they'd decided not to overrule but lord above
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

They aren’t removing subjectivity though cos you’ve got ‘natural position’ bollocks. All these rules are there to suit VAR. It was an absolutely ridiculous penalty. As Grealish himself said he wasn’t even looking at the ball. The rules need changing.
If it isn't largely removed there's no way that's a pen. About the only way that's given is because some folks used a checklist of rules with no common sense.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:04 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:32 am
That handball was ridiculous. Would've been bad enough if the ref had given it and they'd decided not to overrule but lord above
Just shows where football has gone to. It should never have gone to V.A.R.. What was he being penalised for; being in the way of the ball? Hand ball should be a deliberate act, not a mistake. Refereeing rules, like a lot of other things, needs "modernising." Even we dubbin and casey dinosaurs know the meaning of "penalty" and its death sentence effect on a game. Luckily, the final result favoured the righteous.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Yan Dhanda, formerly linked to us from Swansea, is tearing is up in the SPL play off for Ross County as their #10.

3-0 down on aggregate RC have it back at 3-3. Malky Mackay is a loathsome bigot and I was looking forward to him being relegated, but it's quite a game now.

MattySlug
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MattySlug » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:48 pm

Tonight I watched a K League Game Pohang Steelers won then I watched extra time win for Heidelberg United in Australia Cup Game pre National round on youtube

This week upgraded one of the Streaming Services here to get this Weekends Champions League Final as well

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:53 pm

Your certainly opening our eyes that there's a world out there that doesn't involve the Premier League and 5 day test cricket, Matty. :-)

MattySlug
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MattySlug » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:10 am

Thank you, I was going to come back here last night and say I came across more live game there was Singapore Premier League game last night but I went to bed.

I hope to wake up early 5am tomorrow for Fiorentina - West Ham Final! :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:24 pm

Penalty all day long that - he nearly threw it to the keeper...

They're making a bit of a fuss about winning the European equivalent of the Papa John's Trophy...