Burn after Reading. Reading (A) League 1. Saturday 16th September 2023. 3pm KO

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Burn after Reading. Reading (A) League 1. Saturday 16th September 2023. 3pm KO

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:01 pm

Of course. Adding to our misery here with that Toal red card.

Dion buries that chance against the keeper or the ref sends off their player for fouling Dion through on net and this game turns out completely different.

I said at the start that this wasn't going to finish with us having 11 men on the pitch and it's played out that way.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Burn after Reading. Reading (A) League 1. Saturday 16th September 2023. 3pm KO

Post by jmjhb » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:59 pm
All on Evatt this. You simply cannot take Charles and Victor off when we are not comfortably ahead because what comes on is like giving the opposition an extra man. He signed them. He’s responsible. But they are pub players. We all could see it. You only need eyes.

In January we need to ship Jerome and Nlundulu out. Talk of sell on value is ridiculous. We will have to pay someone to take them. Some desperate non league side if we are lucky might chip a couple of hundred quid off for us. Then we will need to sign a genuine quality striker for this level.
To be honest I'm coming round to your way of thinking.

I've said this every year until he turned it around but my faith in Evatt is waning by the week.

I did previously think we had depth, but looking at that bench, there's just nothing.
Last edited by jmjhb on Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:02 pm

Makes Evatt look a right fool when he refuses - or isn’t able to - put his hand in his pocket at the end of the transfer window or get a couple of Prem loans for some attacking outlet.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:05 pm

Sadly Evatt needs to take a long hard look at himself, that was unacceptable
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:05 pm

They’ve dropped a bollock with this squad that’s going to cost us promotion. Ran out of steam and have shite replacements. fecking nice people!

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:10 pm

And Iredale comes on late in the game and effing jogs about without a care in the world.

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:11 pm

He won’t, but I wonder if Coady’s worth a look-in. Seems a more natural replacement for Dion once he’s shagged after 75 mins. And the others… sheeesus.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
All on Evatt this. You simply cannot take Charles and Victor off when we are not comfortably ahead because what comes on is like giving the opposition an extra man. He signed them. He’s responsible. But they are pub players. We all could see it. You only need eyes.

In January we need to ship Jerome and Nlundulu out. Talk of sell on value is ridiculous. We will have to pay someone to take them. Some desperate non league side if we are lucky might chip a couple of hundred quid off for us. Then we will need to sign a genuine quality striker for this level.
Totally agreed on taking Charles and Vic off. Completely gave the impetous to Reading. There's no surprise that as soon as we made negative subs we conceded.

I like to look at the positives of players but there was nothing that N'lundulu did that was positive today. The one thing I can remember him doing was struggling to dribble back towards our own net and laying it off sideways. That's the sum total of it. Jerome seemed to do a little better but it was all for naught, he had a good run only to be flagged offside.

JDB did some good flick ons, but when he's in the Sheehan role with Iredale on the left, he's not exactly going to be threatening.

It's almost as if Evatt's desperately hoping Jerome and N'lundulu will come good so that he can be proven right, as opposed to looking into the reality and knowing that both players are consistently failing to have a positive impact on the game.

Iredale had a shocker after coming on, but that might just be the perception of not having Williams on that left side.

We should've scored more, Charles and Vic both having decent opportunities that should've seen us ahead.

It's 3 points dropped and for me, Evatt to blame. The subs were Megson-esque. Thankfully it's not like that most weeks like it was under Megson.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:13 pm

There’s 20 stone blokes in the stands who would offer more off the bench than Jerome and nlundulu! 3 year fecking deal!

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:13 pm
There’s 20 stone blokes in the stands who would offer more off the bench than Jerome and nlundulu! 3 year fecking deal!
You can't give a 3 year deal to a 20 stone bloke in the stands, 2 years tops with a 12 month option.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm

#finishers

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:26 pm

You can't win games if you need 10+ big chances to score. Reading were so much more up for this than we were, it was awful. They only have two good players yet outplayed and outfought us, sickening.

The only positives I can see are a complete 10/10 for Thomasson today, he just gets better with every game. Considering Sheehan decided to piss off for 90 mins makes his performance even better. Adeboyejo was superb too but he needs to score. Being a good link up player with no goals isn't enough.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:16 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
You can't give a 3 year deal to a 20 stone bloke in the stands, 2 years tops with a 12 month option.
Can I put my name forwards?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm
#finishers
It's more than just finishers. We go backwards...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:29 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

To be honest I'm coming round to your way of thinking.

I've said this every year until he turned it around but my faith in Evatt is waning by the week.

I did previously think we had depth, but looking at that bench, there's just nothing.

It has to be borne in mind we have a couple out with injury, but it's concerning even with a full squad we have so little depth in important positions.

We have only one genuine wing-back on each side despite lining up in a formation heavily dependent on wing-backs, and only one centre forward we can rely on.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:30 pm

Was there for the taking that. Poor game management by Evatt.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:31 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
It isn’t the players faults. They aren’t responsible for using our precious resources.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:36 pm

Down to 7th now. Injuries and suspensions biting. Peterborough up next. Good chance to see how JCH does Vs our rabble. Got to say I’m more than concerned right now. Feels like this season could very easy run away from us given the weakness of the squad and lack of anything approaching acceptable striking options.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:30 pm
Was there for the taking that. Poor game management by Evatt.
Definitely a shout for poor game management there.

I don't think we can particularly blame Evatt for the midfield going missing for Savage to get a free shot off at his leisure outside out box that invariably turned Evatt's shut up shop Jerome sub into a nightmare kill off our own attack sub, but hey ho, those are the risks you take.

Similarly Evatt can't be blamed for Dion missing his effort late on or the injury in the same passage of play.

What Evatt can be blamed for is the fact that we keep persisting with Jerome and N'lundulu coming on to kill off our own game. Might be worth starting with N'lundulu so we can have a actual threat on the bench with Adeboyejo.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:41 pm

Last 4, LDWL?