Berlin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Berlin

Post by malcd1 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:22 pm

I am going to Berlin with the boys next week and was wondering if anyone has been recently and can recommend any areas/bars. It's going to be a boozey 4 days so no need to add any tourist places. :pissed:

I've been checking on the internet and there doesn't seem to be one location for the clubs.

Any help would be much appreciated. :pray:

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri May 19, 2006 4:25 pm

I went in 2004. Great city. There's no one fixed area as such for bars and clubs, but if you do need a few good places in easy walking distance start at the TV tower near the Alexanderplatz, head for the big fountain in the square and the streets round there leave you reasonably spoilt for choice.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri May 19, 2006 4:33 pm

i went when the killers cancelled their gig on me and left me on my own with 4 air stewardesses the bastards

its a weird city half re-built and part in the middle ages

good luck finding bars but when you do oh my god its god beer

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Berlin

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 19, 2006 4:35 pm

malcd1 wrote:I am going to Berlin with the boys next week and was wondering if anyone has been recently and can recommend any areas/bars. It's going to be a boozey 4 days so no need to add any tourist places. :pissed:

I've been checking on the internet and there doesn't seem to be one location for the clubs.

Any help would be much appreciated. :pray:
Go to the world cup site here on the wanderer and click on World Cup Venues. There's a city guide link for each area. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Fri May 19, 2006 9:11 pm

i went a few years ago, i swear their drinks are 100% alcohol, i had what was allegedly a vodka and orange and i was slaughtered after just one - good stuff

and had a fabbo cocktail called Jungle Juice - no idea what was in it or where i was when i had it tho
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat May 20, 2006 9:54 am

Now there's a coincidence, I was about to post the same thing. Unfortunately I'm there on work though, so can't see the alcohol consumption being quite the same as Malcd's. :(
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:13 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Now there's a coincidence, I was about to post the same thing. Unfortunately I'm there on work though, so can't see the alcohol consumption being quite the same as Malcd's. :(
If you see me in a gutter. Pick me up and send me on my way. :)

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Sat May 20, 2006 6:48 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Unfortunately I'm there on work though, so can't see the alcohol consumption being quite the same as Malcd's. :(
that's a very sensible approach - shame on you :mrgreen:
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 22, 2006 1:02 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote: good luck finding bars but when you do oh my god its god beer
I went to Berlin with a group of lads last year. Like you say "good luck finding bars" - most cities tend to have a party area but Berlin just doesnt have one good area IMO. We wandered around for ages trying to find somewhere with loads of restaurants and bars and never found it - if it exists. Interesting city mind you.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:50 pm

Well I really enjoyed my brief trip to Berlin and would recommend a weekend there to anyone, particluarly couples. It's bright, new, clean, everyone was helpful and friendly. Food was good, the Berliner Pilsener is top notch - crisp and clear.

Obviously a city full of history but also one that has changed beyond recognition in the last 20 years. I was lucky enough to be staying on Potzdammer Platz, right on the edge of the route of the wall and just half a mile from the Brandenberg Gate and Reichstag.

The city is just gearing up to the World Cup and I think they'll put on a fantastic tournament.

berlin wall remnants in Potzdammer Platz

The Holocaust Memorial

brandenburg gate

But as was pointed out, not really a stag do kind of place outside the World Cup!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:08 pm

Berlin is a great city but not for a group of lads wanting a pub crawl. Some fantastic restaurants all which are very hospitable but not many 'bars'.

The women in Berlin are absolutely gorgeous. Not that I was interested being a happily married man but just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu. Not to mention some of the ladies of the night.

Overall it wasn't the best place I've been to and I probably won't go again.

Now if you want a good destination for a stag do - Hamburg is THE place. The Reeperbahn is the dogs dangly bits.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 pm

We do this almost weekly
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 pm

They made some shite records though

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Sometimes, you take my breath away
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 pm

score

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 pm

dont know the words

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 pm

You've no chance
Sto ut Serviam

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:You've no chance
You'll get me in bother keep dragging up all these old threads you know!!!