MUSIC HIGH NOTE.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

MUSIC HIGH NOTE.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:17 pm

For me anyway, the playing of the Polovskyan Dances from Borodin's Prince Igor after the Germany Sweden game.
(Better know to most as "Stranger in Paradise) Brilliant.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:23 pm

......and I got stick for pointless posts :roll:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:24 pm

Batman wrote:......and I got stick for pointless posts :roll:
:lol:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:26 pm

Batman wrote:......and I got stick for pointless posts :roll:
Borodin's no less pointless than Marrilion and Coldplay and all the rest Batfella. And there are enough of them about. :roll:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Erm yeah, alright then.

How many have you had? :D

Bertie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bertie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:25 pm

Borodin is brilliant. As are Stravinsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Prokofiev, Mussorgsky, Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:46 pm

Bertie wrote:Borodin is brilliant. As are Stravinsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Prokofiev, Mussorgsky, Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky.
Excellent Bertie. A man of good taste obviously. I was just reaching for Scheherazade when tea called. Concierto Aranjuez on at the moment. Classical gems. :mrgreen:

Bertie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bertie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bertie wrote:Borodin is brilliant. As are Stravinsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Prokofiev, Mussorgsky, Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky.
Excellent Bertie. A man of good taste obviously. I was just reaching for Scheherazade when tea called. Concierto Aranjuez on at the moment. Classical gems. :mrgreen:
Ah, Scheherazade. Only equalled by Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. And The Firebird.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:19 pm

I like Il Canto degli Italiani whenever the Azurri come out. You don't mind if I turn this into a 'What's your favourite World Cup national anthem?' thread do you, as these additional musical interludes you seem to be referring to have passed me by?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:06 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I like Il Canto degli Italiani whenever the Azurri come out. You don't mind if I turn this into a 'What's your favourite World Cup national anthem?' thread do you, as these additional musical interludes you seem to be referring to have passed me by?
Boo, gedoff. That's for the World Cup forum. We are talking real music here. When a team has "Mars, the god of war' or 'Bolero' as an anthem I'll vote. :P

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I like Il Canto degli Italiani whenever the Azurri come out. You don't mind if I turn this into a 'What's your favourite World Cup national anthem?' thread do you, as these additional musical interludes you seem to be referring to have passed me by?
Boo, gedoff. That's for the World Cup forum. We are talking real music here. When a team has "Mars, the god of war' or 'Bolero' as an anthem I'll vote. :P
In that case, I'll make the effort to listen out a bit more carefully.. :oops:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bertie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bertie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
We should have Jupiter as ours.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
The first piece has been renamed 'Believe, The God of War' for the World Cup.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:53 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
The first piece has been renamed 'Believe, The God of War' for the World Cup.
B-----d. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:18 am

Maybe Mussorgsky's The Great Gate of Kiev could be played as England come on to the field.

Well . . . it does come from a piece about an exhibition and reflects well the team's ponderous performances to date. :wink:

As for Australia? I don't know. Perhaps The Donkey Serenade? (Friml or Dvorak - I can never remember).

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:02 am

Bertie wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
We should have Jupiter as ours.
Joybringer for the wanderers? :oops: ........... :whack:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:53 am

Aztec Lightning - The 1986 BBC world Cup Theme :wink:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:14 am

Well, Wagner's "Ride of the Valkieres" and "Don't cry for me Argentina" are in the lead at the moment. "South of the Border" and "Swedish Rhapsody" just dropped out of the charts. :mrgreen: :P