England Vs Portugal B team.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

England Vs Portugal B team.

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:51 pm

At times it seams like we are destined for this World Cup! With a good group, the easiest team the play in the first knock out phase, playing in second gear yet still winning, and the first time we are up against a true threat, half their team goes missing :D

No Deco, Ronaldo 50/50, their holding midlfielder (sorry the name eludes me :oops: ) and all eyes on FIFA in reference to Figo's fate. We are never going to get a better chance to give the Portugese the arse kicking they so truly deserve!

So, how do we see things? We haven't played well, but we have players coming back from injury with Rooney looking ready and hungry, and Neville a possiblity. Carrick and Hargreaves doing themselves no harm and the fact that we now know we can change formation should it be needed. If there was ever a time to kick into gear, this is it!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:53 pm

Figo's been cleared I thought. I see this as a victory that eases a few minds. We always play to the level of our opponents. Not to mention Portugal will be the 1st team that wont sit 10 men behind the ball against us. I see us finally on a run of those other teams throughout the past that were lucky. sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:16 pm

Costinha was the name you were looking for.

1-0 England, penalty from Becks. Could this be the year where we make it all the way to the final in the fashion Germany have done in the past?

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:39 pm

americantrotter wrote:Figo's been cleared I thought.
The Figo issue should have been about his play-acting to get Boulahrouz a second yellow for a totally innocuous attempt to put his body between man and ball.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Argentine Horacio Elizondo will referee England's quarter-final with Portugal.
This can't be good, can it?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:45 pm

At least there's been no issues of England cheating. Portugal, on the other hand, make an industry of it. Surely the refs social club must chat about it over a pint of hemlock ot two? Figo must know he'll have to watch his antics with his track record. Who knows, we might just get lucky and get a fair Argentinian. On second thoughts.............more chance of snow. :roll:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:57 pm

He sent Beckham off in that silly Club World Championship in 2000.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:50 am

americantrotter wrote:Figo's been cleared I thought. I see this as a victory that eases a few minds. We always play to the level of our opponents. Not to mention Portugal will be the 1st team that wont sit 10 men behind the ball against us. I see us finally on a run of those other teams throughout the past that were lucky. sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
He's not be "cleared" other than in the fact he is going to be available and always was, there was no FIFA investigation and there never would be. FIFA rules do not allow them to act where the ref has already punished the offence, he got a yellow and that's the end of it in their eyes.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:04 am

Can I just repeat something.

England have a chance, a good chance to win this year. Using the tactics so ridiculed and derided all season. If that were to happen would the last season then be villified???

We as a team have played just enough to beat the opposition and be as good or bad as them. Only for the first half of the Sweden game did we see part of the ability and talent of the team.

We will beat Portugal and then have a tough time against France who will again get lucky against Brazil. Play Argentina in the final and destroy them and get a serious amount of payback for little fat gnome and his "hand of god".............then Plodds wakes up.

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 am

I seriously think we'll beat Portugal and (eventually) progress passed France to the Final. The Ref will have seen the game against Holland and will be aware of what Portugal are about..... Figo Red Card.

I want another star on my england shirt, right next to the other one above the three lions. (I'll stitch it in myself, I can't afford another new strip).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:26 pm

If Neville is back in, I hope he cuts down on his advenures into noddy land, or Figo will murder him for pace. And Ferdinand won't know where to start with Pauletta if he starts his "hot-cinder" routine every time he gets the ball. We need to get the ball and keep it. Hoof it against Portugal and we're dead. Let's just hope we attack them and get the lead and that Lampard remebers his shooting boots.

I'd still rather see Rooney running loose off Crouch, but doubt it will happen. Hope Hargreaves is in the frame in front of Carragher because he's played like a lead soldier up to now.

If ever we needed to take the game to them, it's now. COME ON ENGLAND
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:09 pm

i tell thee, they're a Bolton. Great with set plays, goal scoring midfielders and grind out ugly results - which is why the press don't like it but you know what feck it we're having this game and we'll have the one after that

i'd love to see

------robbo-----
nev rio terry ash
ger har lamp joe
---roo crouch---

but i don't think it'll ever happen

i just hope when it comes to the crunch eriksson will have the balls to change things and make decisions that will influence the game

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:If Neville is back in, I hope he cuts down on his advenures into noddy land, or Figo will murder him for pace. And Ferdinand won't know where to start with Pauletta if he starts his "hot-cinder" routine every time he gets the ball. We need to get the ball and keep it. Hoof it against Portugal and we're dead. Let's just hope we attack them and get the lead and that Lampard remebers his shooting boots.

I'd still rather see Rooney running loose off Crouch, but doubt it will happen. Hope Hargreaves is in the frame in front of Carragher because he's played like a lead soldier up to now.

If ever we needed to take the game to them, it's now. COME ON ENGLAND
Figo seems to forget that he used to have pace. Skill still but the pace has gone.

The big question will be how to tame Pauleta and Ronaldo.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:10 pm

I thought the Dutch made it fairly clear how to tame Ronaldo...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:38 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Argentine Horacio Elizondo will referee England's quarter-final with Portugal.
This can't be good, can it?
It gets worse - Lawro picked us to beat Portugal.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:41 pm

it will be a battle of who is off their line the most ...Ricardo or Robinson :lol: no, but seriously i think England has a good shot. simply mark up Maniche everywhere, he has had far too many easy goals this tournament

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:31 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I thought the Dutch made it fairly clear how to tame Ronaldo...
Kick him as hard as you can!!!

Is that not below us?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 pm

plodder wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I thought the Dutch made it fairly clear how to tame Ronaldo...

Is that not below us?
Probably - but the little bastard does deserve a good shoeing! :evil:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Probably - but the little bastard does deserve a good shoeing! :evil:
Oh, I'd say he's definitely had a good choix-ing! :shock: Plenty o' chocolate sauce to boot.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:47 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:
plodder wrote:

Is that not below us?
Probably - but the little bastard does deserve a good shoeing! :evil:
I'd love to see Rooney snap his leg! Just for the Scottish tit's reaction :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!