England Vs Portugal B team.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:09 pm

In one word: CHEATED.

Not one member of the England team dived, tried to get anyone sent off, or did the agony act. Credit to them for that.
On the other side of the coin, Portugal dived, tried to get everyone sent off and played the agony card at every challenge.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Rooney's sending off was diabolical. He didn't deliberately stamp on the Oscar-winning lemon on the floor. If he had done the b-----d would have deserved it for his own antics. Ronaldo was straight in with the protests and wanted Rooney off. Rooney was incensed by it and pushed him away. Who here wouldn't have done the same? As soon as Rooney walked Jessio winked at one of his mates and put a finger to his lips. It was quite plain to see.

Not long after Jessio got a free kick with the agony, screaming and seveteen roll-overs, act when the player didn't even touch him. Plain and simple, we were up against a bunch of cheats. Worse, the ref let them get away with it. Every 50-50 challenge was a free kick for them. The English game just isn't suited to the rest of football. We lay off all the time when other defensive players get in and win the ball. When they do, they rarely give it away. We give it away far too often by bad passing. Ferdinand might have defended well in his own 18 yard box, but the truth is he's useless at doing anything with the ball. Time after time, as soon as an opposing player appears it goes across the park or backwards. He regularly put his own defence and keeper under pressure doing it. He is an overpaid, over-rated wally and as England's main defender is a joke.

The England 10 man defensive display was fantastic, but should it have to have been? Again we were down to lumping it forward to a player with little or no support. Crouch did an admirable job but again he was the lone-ranger. Hargreaves was my man of the match and turned in a real gutsy display with pace and skill. Gerard defends well enough but everybody knows he's unhappy in the role. We only had two players capable of beating a man one-to-one, Joe Cole and Lennon and we never pressed enough to make them effective. We had our chances, never more so than when the Ports missed two penalties on the trot, but two of the highest paid and rated players in English football, Gerard and Lampard, blew it.

Robinson had a good game, Neville was okay going forward, but terrified by Jessio and kept on backing off him and Ashley Cole did a creditable job. Lampard and Gerard played too deep and aren't effective in the role. Hargreaves was ace, John Terry solid as a rock and Beckham as totally innefective as I've ever seen him. Lennon should have been on from the start as he did really well, Joe Cole again was too deep to be affective. Rooney, well, what can you say? He got caught by the sucker punch and that was that. History repeating itself. Carragher was brought on because he does well with penalties in practise.

Summary. A display of guts and fight to be proud of and great entertainment. Football? We just weren't good enough. When it comes down to penalties, we never are. Sad, but true. Erikson can now pick up his pay off and hand us over to M'Claren. What a really heartening prospect.

Rant over and well done the lads. And to the supporters, you were absolutely awesome and deserved better.

Last line: What a shit feeling to see Jessio score the winning penalty. I hope he goes to Spain and gets the shit kicked out of him. Coniving, diving, cheating, posing long-necked cry-baby asshole.

I repeat: CHEATED
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:12 pm

No, sorry Tango you are wrong.

England lost through England's incompetence.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:In one word: CHEATED.
I would like you to explain this comment. England were dreadful with eleven men, they actually seemed to play better with ten. Portugal lacked any creativity and were ripe for the picking. Rooney was red carded for stomping on someone's groin and shoving someone. Despite the fact that Portgual missed two penalties, England couldn't seem to find the net from 12 yards.

How is this not England's fault?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:23 pm

because it si.

The portugese man was behind him, how did he see his gron from there?????????????

Even I would have strugege;d

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:24 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
I would like you to explain this comment. England were dreadful with eleven men, they actually seemed to play better with ten. Portugal lacked any creativity and were ripe for the picking. Rooney was red carded for stomping on someone's groin and shoving someone. Despite the fact that Portgual missed two penalties, England couldn't seem to find the net from 12 yards.

he wasn't red-carded for a stamp. It was only his pushing away his clubmate who was arguing that he should be sent off with the ref.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Gertie wrote:because it si.

The portugese man was behind him, how did he see his gron from there?????????????

I am baffled by this !

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:37 pm

Batman wrote:
Gertie wrote:because it si.

I am baffled by this !
You arer struggling to understand? Remember Gertie generally knows where the groins are...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:55 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:

I already explained it.....at length.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

I already explained it.....at length.

incorrect

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Batman wrote: I already explained it.....at length.
incorrect[/quote]

You are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. I stand by all I said.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:45 pm

We we're cheated. Watch the game. Ronaldo from the kickoff was trying to get Rooney sent off. He even headbutted Rooney on the half way line trying to wind him up, before the game had started.

Then Rooney got into a tussle, was fouled at least three times. Had nowhere to stand and in the tussle ended up accidentally standing on some lads bollocks. An accident. He couldn't of maliciously done that, not at that speed. He simple had nowhere else to put his foot. Then Ronaldo runs across the pitch to demand Rooney gets sent off, Rooney gives him a little push away. And the wanker in the black sends him off. Cue smug grin and 'job done' wink from Ronaldo.

How is that not cheating? And that doesn't even meantion Maniche and the rest of the Portugese team flopping to the ground at every oppertunity.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:26 pm

I think it would still have gone to pens if Rooney had stayed on the pitch, and we would still have lost.

In spite of all the flaws and faults with England, it was truly heartening to see them battle heroically with 10 men. Hargreaves was amazing. I haven't even got an opinion as to what went wrong at this point - I'm just devastated we lost. Every tournament seems to end this way, and it doesn't get any easier. Normally I would be riveted by France vs Brazil, but I could barely muster any interest after that. Absolutely devastated.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:35 pm

How is that not cheating?
Winding someone up is not cheating. It's taking advantage of the opponent's weakness, like shooting from distance on a dodgy keeper or throwing SWP at Henrik Pedersen when he's at left back. Rooney doesn't know people are going to try and get him sent off? It's his own fault for having a bad temper and broadcasting it at every opportunity. Sven has to take some of the blame too for failing to control him, it's obvious he never has power over the players.

Regardless of whether or not Ronaldo should have been calling for his sending off, bottom line is Rooney shoved him. Decide for yourself if that's red card worthy, but Rooney made his choice, unfortunately the rest of the team had to live with the consequences.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:23 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
Winding someone up is not cheating. It's taking advantage of the opponent's weakness, like shooting from distance on a dodgy keeper or throwing SWP at Henrik Pedersen when he's at left back. Rooney doesn't know people are going to try and get him sent off? It's his own fault for having a bad temper and broadcasting it at every opportunity. Sven has to take some of the blame too for failing to control him, it's obvious he never has power over the players.

Regardless of whether or not Ronaldo should have been calling for his sending off, bottom line is Rooney shoved him. Decide for yourself if that's red card worthy, but Rooney made his choice, unfortunately the rest of the team had to live with the consequences.
I think you mustn't have seen the challenges of players like Essien in the premiership. A potential career-ending studs up crash dive against a simple push away from someone trying to get you sent off. Which is your idea of a red card offence?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:32 am

One out of four!

ONE out of FOUR.

Sums it up for me; pathetic.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:40 am

H. Pedersen wrote:

I have some sympathy with this view, no it was not a serious "Essien" type leg breaker tackle, yes Ronaldo did wind Rooney and the Ref up, yes it was only a small push BUT it was a push right in front of the Ref. The Ref could have Yellowed him but decided that as he deliberately raised his arms he had to make it Red, sad for England.

BUT then again if that had been Essien, or any Portugese player for that matter, playing against England I believe that many supporters would have been baying for blood and clapping the Ref for sending him off.

Rooney had been made to play in an ineffective England formation, did not get a single decent ball passed to him and was obviously getting more and more frustrated as the game went on. He is as thick as pig ****, thinks he's Desperate Dan which means not very intelligent and is a disaster waiting to happen everytime he plays. One could argue that Sven's tactics got him sent off or Portugese players so called "cheating" but at the end of the day he only has himself to blame.

Its England and their supporters who suffer so I have no sympathy for Rooney at all.

PS. I expect to read in the papers that after United players report back for training that Ronney is being disciplined for giving Ronaldo a good going over. He's that kind of stupid person.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:51 am

I agree with Tango on this, Portugal are and have often been a nasty cynical bunch of cheats but this still does not cover up the fact that 3 of our main players (Beckham, Lampard and Gerrard) were not ever in the game (or even games?), it showed up marvellously the total ineptitude of Sven (why anyone wants him for their club manager beats me) and having Maclaren take over really inspires confidence (still think he was pulling the strings anyway, Sven just sat there taking the money). Also whats with the FIFA "Fair Play" flags when that goes on, they could easily stop "simulations" etc by moving into the modern world and using those video things (and don't give me the bullshite about not tellling whether someone really dived/overacted etc we all know when its for real). As for the long necked one, a vile individual who deserves what ever he gets.

The whole world cup has really been dull for me and to be blunt (esp this game and the Portugal vs Holland and the marketing bullshite) it sums up why I am starting to become cynical and disinterested in football and unless the ruling bodies start to care about fans and fairplay etc (instead of money) I think we may soon see the game suffering (when the "fashionable" fans go who will be left?)

Anyone else see Peter Reid talking after the match, don't think he thinks much of Mucklaren

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:13 am

England as a squad were not good enough.

The managers choice for lack of a strike force was and is inexcusable.

Portugal will lose to France.

Ronaldo will get such a kicking from Rooney if he ever returns to Old Trafford. Imagine that. Rooney's passion , frustration and anger all vented on one little boy............

Did I get stick yesterday from the locals.......fkn right I did. Bastards!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Bastards.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:17 pm

plodder wrote:Did I get stick yesterday from the locals.......fkn right I did. Bastards!
Time to get those suspect chocolate bars out then, Plodder. The one's you held back from the recent product re-call! Good work, Sir! :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way