Where will we finish this season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Where will we finish

Top 8
48%
Mid-table
41%
We're going to struggle
11%

Total votes: 46

MC Numpty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Where will we finish this season

Post by MC Numpty » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:09 am

Ok, it's getting closer, we have bought Diouf and Al Habsi (from January) and let's say we get a couple more players. Where in the table do you think we will finish next season, obviously with the possibility of playing a lot more games with being in Europe.
"More football later, but first let's see the goals from the Scottish Cup final" Ray Stubbs 2004.

Soul City

MC Numpty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MC Numpty » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:10 am

ever the optimist I have gone top 8 although I think it will be nearer 8th than 4th.
"More football later, but first let's see the goals from the Scottish Cup final" Ray Stubbs 2004.

Soul City

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:37 am

Five votes whenI did this, two say we'll struggle......................mmm wonder who that was?

Mid table with current squad (allow for injuries) Top 8 with 3 more players.

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:40 am

8th and 53 points.

1/4 final of UEFA Cup.

Win the FA Cup. :D

C´mon its our destiny. New Wembley and all that.
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:42 am

Frankfurt Wanderer wrote:8th and 53 points.

1/4 final of UEFA Cup.

Win the FA Cup. :D

C´mon its our destiny. New Wembley and all that.
Would be nice, now don't anyone mention a white horse.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:44 am

plodder wrote:Would be nice, now don't anyone mention a white horse.
Dunno, it could be worth floating the concept past Wembley's marketing department, I'm sure they'd bite. No harm in getting all the omens stacked up!

:D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:59 am

THERES LIKELY TO BE 9 OR SO POINTS BETWEEN 5TH AND 14TH

WE'LL BE IN THAT GROUP
Sto ut Serviam

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:13 pm

Last season was a poor Premier League.
Some teams will improve next season, and i think we will be mid table.
Still not a bad result in my opinion, given the lack of transfer funds available, and the amounts some other teams are spending.

We are getting there, slowly but surely...............
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

yorkwanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by yorkwanderer » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:36 pm

davroduk wrote:Last season was a poor Premier League.
Still not a bad result in my opinion, given the lack of transfer funds available, and the amounts some other teams are spending.

Yep I agree. It looks like City and Spurs will be stronger this season and with Europe to cope with as well. Lets just hope Souness continues with his usually magical touch. They'll be relegated by christmas.

I can see us dropping a few places. But I think mid-table would be a good finish, with hopefully a good run in Europe and in one of the cups.
One more outburst like that and I'll send you back to the big leagues

bazza
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bazza » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:39 pm

I look at points first, then position. We can't control what the others do.

I think we will get between 53 and 55 points. At least 25 points away from home.

This should put us between 6th and 10th

Woody
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Woody » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:35 pm

A top ten finish would be more than ok with me. To qualify for Europe vie the league for a second season running would be the best outcome of next season.

Blackberry Monkey
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Blackberry Monkey » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:00 pm

yorkwanderer wrote:

Yep I agree. It looks like City and Spurs will be stronger this season and with Europe to cope with as well. Lets just hope Souness continues with his usually magical touch. They'll be relegated by christmas.

I can see us dropping a few places. But I think mid-table would be a good finish, with hopefully a good run in Europe and in one of the cups.

Please explain how it looks like City will be stronger next season, they are on the verge of losing there star player and the rest of the team are has beans that are just there to see out there career.

I predict bottom 6 for city

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:33 pm

Blackberry Monkey wrote:
yorkwanderer wrote:

Please explain how it looks like City will be stronger next season, they are on the verge of losing there star player and the rest of the team are has beans that are just there to see out there career.

I predict bottom 6 for city
I agree monkey, city will not have a good season. Shame really because I want Psycho to do well. Imagine a ref telling him no penalty.............. He'd be wanting to take it as well!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:22 am

In my book City will be the surprise relegation candidates this season. If they lose SWP there's not a lot left. They cannot survive 38 games on aggression and passion, which is Pearce's style. They'll get found out, big style.

It's a shame, because I don't mind them actually.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:20 am

I have no idea as to where we'll land at the end of the coming season. It's just too hard.

Last season our strength was our consistent results both home and away (we were fourth on away results but around eighth on home points). Can we hold to that? Norwich had a half decent season at home; their away record though was abysmal - hence the club's relegation - though the same could be said of just about all the teams in the bottom half.

I'm not too sure about comments indicating that the Premiership was weak last season. It is a fact that the top three teams ran away from the rest - even Man. Utd. which had a pretty spotty start to the season. Does that mean that the rest were weak, or just weaker than that trio? One would expect the rest of the teams to be the latter, after all the top three were those spending significant funds to attract the better players. This is to be expected, surely? Remember, Everton only managed to sneak away from us in the last games of the season, meaning of course that, with a bit more luck, we could have grabbed fourth. We didn't. Still, against the top teams we did pretty well and against some of the lower echelon we seemed to trip over our own shadows. Sad.

Man. Utd: 0-1-1
Arsenal : 1-1-0
Chelsea : 0-1-1

OK, six points out of eighteen is hardly flash, but we only lost two of those six games and in neither of those did we get thumped (1-2 and 0-2). We also effectively took five points off Arsenal. Our big let down was our losses to teams well down on the league ladder (1-2 to W.B.A.; 0-1 to Pompey; 2-3 to Norwich are three that come to mind). This game is crazy - which might well be why we bother - and thus extraordinarily difficult to predict. What affect will UEFA Cup competition have upon us? Will we pursue a genuine run in the domestic cups? What will the new signings be like and, even if they are good players, will they fit into the team? What will Brownie's move mean to our training regime? How about Mac's?

Just as important is which other teams will improve, or otherwise? Too many imponderables for my grey matter.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Where will we finish this season

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:13 pm

14th
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 pm

10th

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Surely 8th, no?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 pm

:shock: it's catching on a bit, full house new internet craze!!
Guys I gotta put down as the inventor, eat your heart out Gatesy "Tramping full house forums" is coming.
Now thinking a bit deeper into this, there could be a wordwide league table, the bigger the forums the bigger the points :D
Now the problamatic bit, I need a computer programer to write the software to monitor thousands of people hiting zillions of forums at the same time watching for bingo's to award the points!
Come on don't be shy my idea, your programe it will be a new company

Hugeard everything Bill Gates setup ain't!!!!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:23 pm

And if it hadn't been for the pesky kids....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.