Chris Eagles

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Chris Eagles

Post by Riviman » Mon May 28, 2012 7:34 am

Found this article on Eagles.

http://thetwounfortunates.com/the-monda ... ris-eagles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you click on the link to the the scouting report

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... ris-eagles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it sums up what many think of him, he is talented but drifts in and out of games.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Chris Eagles

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 9:42 am

I was not a fan of his one bit throughout the season, spent to much time arseing about on the ball. Never ran the flanks when on the wing and was just a general waste of space.

Then towards the end of season starts to play alot better especially when he played as the second striker behind N'gog, if my memory serves me right he turned down everton to join Bolton.

Can't see how he would ever get in Evertons first 11.

He should do well next season though.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Not a bad lad, has enough talent and effort to do well in the Championship. Plenty of energy, just needs to direct it more.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm still iffy on him still undecided, i think if we had a really good left back who could attack and track back quick enough eagles would do well on the left side cutting in a bit given long enough and i think that would help the quicker forwards like sordell and n'gog for getting a bit of space behind defenders but at the same that left side at the moment is all petrovs!

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Ye it is petrovs and he won't be dropped.

As far as eagles on the left, from what a saw last season when he went on the left he had a lot of the ball and failed to do anything with it, wasted a lot of good positions he got into.

I love right footed players playing on the left and opposite on the right as well but I dont see eagles being a player we can consistently rely on to be that player, like I said he does a good job as a second striker arriving late into the box for he is a good finisher and can keep hold of the ball and but I can't see coyle only having 1 striker with eagles behind them.

And can't see him getting many starts next season.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 28, 2012 1:45 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote: I love right footed players playing on the left and opposite on the right
Hi Owen :D

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote: I love right footed players playing on the left and opposite on the right
Hi Owen :D
Your not the first person to call me Owen....maybe I am,
Split personality, pratly says hello everyone x

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm sure Eagles wears make-up.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon May 28, 2012 3:24 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Ye it is petrovs and he won't be dropped.

As far as eagles on the left, from what a saw last season when he went on the left he had a lot of the ball and failed to do anything with it, wasted a lot of good positions he got into.

I love right footed players playing on the left and opposite on the right as well but I dont see eagles being a player we can consistently rely on to be that player, like I said he does a good job as a second striker arriving late into the box for he is a good finisher and can keep hold of the ball and but I can't see coyle only having 1 striker with eagles behind them.

Didn't he play on the left side against Stoke at home when he scored a couple? And I think Villa away in the league cup cutting in from the left?

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Beefheart wrote:

Didn't he play on the left side against Stoke at home when he scored a couple? And I think Villa away in the league cup cutting in from the left?

So twice? And I'm sure he played on the right against villa away. Never the less twice is still inconsistent, I like the guy think he is a talented player, but not on the left from what I have seen.

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Mon May 28, 2012 3:37 pm

however he did do better than elmander did in his first season at bolton and scored more, maybe just maybe there will be a big goal tally next season :pray:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon May 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Beefheart wrote:

The Stoke game doesn't count 8) he was playing against Huth :lol:

Eagles is not a winger IMO can't beat a man and get a ball in 9 times out of 10.. stick him inside.

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Mon May 28, 2012 3:44 pm

tbf with how much he cuts inside mite be worth a punt Chris eagles bolton's new central playmaker hmmm

if mavis does leave though it mite be a good option

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon May 28, 2012 3:44 pm

plays in the hole...........

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 3:55 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

The Stoke game doesn't count 8) he was playing against Huth :lol:

Eagles is not a winger IMO can't beat a man and get a ball in 9 times out of 10.. stick him inside.

Agreed! My point exactly

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 28, 2012 4:20 pm

ChrisC wrote: The Stoke game doesn't count 8) he was playing against Huth :lol:
Hmm... He'd waltz into our team with a board around his neck saying "Owen Coyle is a woofter" and wearing a tutu.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon May 28, 2012 4:22 pm

boltonboris wrote:
ChrisC wrote: The Stoke game doesn't count 8) he was playing against Huth :lol:
Hmm... He'd waltz into our team with a board around his neck saying "Owen Coyle is a woofter" and wearing a tutu.

Huth might be a half decent CB but at RB i think not.. he was torn a new one that day by Eagles.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 4:47 pm

When I think of Huth I think of him strangling k Davies at wembley in the first 10 mins,When we had a corner
how that wasn't a penalty Ill never know, he should have been arrested for assault!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Right tactics and team selection he'll get double figures next season. He'll hit triple figures with shots mind...

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am

officer_dibble wrote:Right tactics and team selection he'll get double figures next season. He'll hit triple figures with shots mind...
If we have Petrov, m Davies, holden, lee, and pratly I just can't see him starting many games.

Now before people People rip into me about pratly he did a job for Swansea so you never know.

And it looks like we could get rio miyaichi back as well, I would like to see him do well I suppose but that's a strong midfield without a inconsistent poser.