Expat, enjoying the site and optimistic!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Expat, enjoying the site and optimistic!

Post by Enoch » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Born in Bromley Cross, I was dragged 'darn sarf' at an early age, but the old man used to beat me if he ever caught me looking wistfully at any southern softie footie team.

Five year ago, a fella moved in next door that is a Palace hard liner, strange bloke!

It took a while, but I grew to like him and he started taking me to the odd game if his equally stupid mate couldn't make it. Accordingly, I watched about ten games during the Freedman era and as a neutral, was impressed by the development (Burley left it in tatters! Sound familiar?). At times, it wasn't pretty, but it was always structured. By the time he left, it was good to watch.

Apart from that, I've had to listen to his non stop Palace bollocks (albeit well informed) and laterly, a diatribe about Freedman's exit. :D

Once Freedman's appointment here was confirmed, my spirits were instantly lifted. I like what I've seen of him. Fingers crossed!

A rejuvenated Wanderer. :wink:
Last edited by Enoch on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Expat, enjoying the site and optimistic!

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Good to have you Nochers.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

It took a hundred odd posts for you to introduce yourself, but a belated welcome.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello-ish.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 pm

welcome, your neighbour must still be reminding you that they are above us
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:welcome, your neighbour must still be reminding you that they are above us
Strangely, my neighbour is not as ebulliant as one might have thought.

He is a tad concerned that the football club developed by our Dougie seems to be evaporating before his eyes. He is not optimistic for the future.

I however remain so, as unlike some on here I understand that it took Michelangelo more that a couple of goes with the mallet to strike his David.

:wink2:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Is it really a year already!!

It puts me in mind of a building site. The crew turned up enthused by a new project, but sadly found digging the footings was harder going than envisaged. Then someone put the machine through a gas pipe and the weather closed in pretty bad.

Eventually however it appears the footings are in. Some of the Polish labour aren't quite what one might like, but they're willing and the dampcourse is ready to go in.

This economic downturn has made it a tough environment for building, dogged determination will see the job finished though.

Well that's one way of looking at it!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Enoch wrote:Is it really a year already!!

It puts me in mind of a building site. The crew turned up enthused by a new project, but sadly found digging the footings was harder going than envisaged. Then someone put the machine through a gas pipe and the weather closed in pretty bad.

Eventually however it appears the footings are in. Some of the Polish labour aren't quite what one might like, but they're willing and the dampcourse is ready to go in.

This economic downturn has made it a tough environment for building, dogged determination will see the job finished though.

Well that's one way of looking at it!
Another way of looking at it is that we were promised a shiny new edifice but instead we still have a shack. It's not the same shack that got blown over to Wigan, it's made from different parts nailed together (although some of the old bits were found lying around after Storm Coyle had blown through), but it's still a shack and it's sitting in the same place as the last shack.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください