Le Tour!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Le Tour!

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Indeed. But on a serious note, it could make a Rooney have more stamina in what is now a very athletic league.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I suppose the difference is that all the drugs in the world wouldn't make Darren Pratley a good footballer. But they could make him a good cyclist or runner.
Yes, but the question is would they make him a better fitter, footballer than he is now.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour titles and banned from cycling for life. No surprises.

Does that mean he's not allowed to bike it to work anymore? :twisted:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 pm

It means everybody is telling lies, stoopid
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I suppose the difference is that all the drugs in the world wouldn't make Darren Pratley a good footballer. But they could make him a good cyclist or runner.
That would depend on whether you'd taken them or him.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:A hero's life and reputation are ruined, based on the testimony of cheat and liar Floyd Landis.

It's a national disgrace.
Still of the same opinion? It appears from here that he's a lying, bullying, cheating fraud and has been for years. That and a national disgrace.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm

And to think, he convinced Peter LaFleur to play in the final.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:A hero's life and reputation are ruined, based on the testimony of cheat and liar Floyd Landis.

Still of the same opinion? It appears from here that he's a lying, bullying, cheating fraud and has been for years. That and a national disgrace.
I was wondering if someone would dig that 9or other similar) up. Cruel, LGM, very cruel. perhaps it should be moved to the foot-in-mouth thread....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:

I was wondering if someone would dig that 9or other similar) up. Cruel, LGM, very cruel. perhaps it should be moved to the foot-in-mouth thread....
Hardly cruel, Monty. HP has a rich history of spouting utter shite and putting it forth as being 'actual fact'.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Cruel, LGM, very cruel.
Cruel? What was cruel was his persistent haranguing (sometimes followed up by severe verbal abuse or litigation) of anyone who dared to question him.

Not that he's the only one culpable. There must have been plenty of others assisting him at many levels.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Tour de yorkshire - ill get myself along to that. Should be a good experience.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Cruel? What was cruel was his persistent haranguing (sometimes followed up by severe verbal abuse or litigation) of anyone who dared to question him.

Not that he's the only one culpable. There must have been plenty of others assisting him at many levels.
Great Scott! I must have missed that. I was only musing on the possibility of people dredging my stupidities up after the passage of time and thinking OUCH! There but for the grace of God...

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:And to think, he convinced Peter LaFleur to play in the final.
:lol:
I'm not big in to my cycling but everybody is aware of Lance Armstrong and his story. He was one of the sports greats and such an inspiration to many people. Seeing him admit to everything made my heart sink a little, it's like finding out father Christmas isn't real.

One of my friends is big in to his cycling, his dad got him in to it and its something they shared a passion for. Unfortunately his dad passed away recently, just before all this came out. My friend said he was glad his father passed before it because Armstrong was a hero to him. That's show's how much of an influence he had on people.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:

Great Scott! I must have missed that. I was only musing on the possibility of people dredging my stupidities up after the passage of time and thinking OUCH! There but for the grace of God...
In his full pomp if anyone challenged or questioned him he would bring the weight of God down upon them.

Many people were sued, or threatened with law suits by him & his. People lost their jobs due to his bullying & he would have people ridiculed and belittled.

This was not a nice man .... I have no reason to think he's 'seen the light', he's just been caught out & even then he lied, many, many times ... & under oath.

There should be no whitewashing of the real him, he should not be allowed to resurrect his career in any form (apparently he's looking to move into triathalon), he should not be allowed to move onto a media career after this.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:

In his full pomp if anyone challenged or questioned him he would bring the weight of God down upon them.

Many people were sued, or threatened with law suits by him & his. People lost their jobs due to his bullying & he would have people ridiculed and belittled.
are we still talking about HP here - or about Lance Armstrong??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 am

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:In his full pomp if anyone challenged or questioned him he would bring the weight of God down upon them.

Oh.

I thought it was YOU we were on about ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 am

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:In his full pomp if anyone challenged or questioned him he would bring the weight of God down upon them.

Oh.

careful....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 am

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

Oh.

careful....
or you will ...

"sue, or threaten with law suits ..... (have me) lose (my) job due to ... bullying & ... have (me) ridiculed and belittled" ???

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

Oh.

careful....
or you will ...

"sue, or threaten with law suits ..... (have me) lose (my) job due to ... bullying & ... have (me) ridiculed and belittled" ???
or HP will....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks, bish - I was indeed referring to HP, while Bobo and LGM appeared to be talking about Lance. Apologies all round.