Bournemouth frustration...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Bournemouth frustration...

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:06 am

Will he still be here on Saturday? I'm only going to visit my grandad, who isn't too well, if I wasn't doing that I wouldn't bother.

It's going to be horrible if he's still in charge.

0-1 to them. We'll be ok for 75mins then they'll get a scuffy goal and it'll turn to sh*t.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Bournemouth frustration...

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 am

I'm away so will miss this one. I think we'll get an unconvincing win. Anything else and it will get nasty.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:36 am

I think we've reached the point that if we don't take an immediate lead things will get pretty bad indeed. The first scuffed shot or pass and the boos will start. Not that I'd blame anyone. I'm impressed with anyone who'll make the effort to go on Saturday. I'll not be there.

2-1 win
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:53 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:I think we've reached the point that if we don't take an immediate lead things will get pretty bad indeed. The first scuffed shot or pass and the boos will start. Not that I'd blame anyone. I'm impressed with anyone who'll make the effort to go on Saturday. I'll not be there.

2-1 win
If you keep poking a sleeping CAPS with a stick.............. :mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:16 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:I think we've reached the point that if we don't take an immediate lead things will get pretty bad indeed. The first scuffed shot or pass and the boos will start. Not that I'd blame anyone. I'm impressed with anyone who'll make the effort to go on Saturday. I'll not be there.
Interesting. If I recall correctly, the first boos last night were when we went 1-0 down, within the first 10 minutes, having already seen Fulham have a goal disallowed...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:35 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Interesting. If I recall correctly, the first boos last night were when we went 1-0 down, within the first 10 minutes, having already seen Fulham have a goal disallowed...
ahh - but that was a more patient/fanatical/bwfc-starved away-crowd...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:47 am

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ahh - but that was a more patient/fanatical/bwfc-starved away-crowd...
Yeah, wasn't disagreeing.

Fulham also hit the post bang on 10 minutes, so we could have been 3-0 down by 8.10pm.

Considering the situation and performance, the majority of away fans were quite patient and calm. Well, kind of disbelieving and either agitated or gallows-amused (alright that was me and Pru), but not pitchfork-wielding. A few discontent folk walked purposefully toward the front of the stand on 85 minutes in an attempt to lead a protest, but their hollerin' as Freedman/Lawrence/Fleming galumphed across the pitch toward the dressing room was drowned out by Fulham's over-excited kids'-party Tannoy nonsense.

For the record, there were airings of "Freedman out" and "we want our Bolton back" from about the 10th minute, some alternating "Freedman Out / Gartside Out" in the second half, and the odd "Sacked in the morning". No airings at all of a Gap Band-style "We want Freedman out" or a Lennonian "All we are saying is f*ck off Freedman". If you want mass participation, get with the harmonic variety, people...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:50 am

A win on Saturday should change things massively. Once the crowd realise we have won two from eleven, that sounds so much better then one from ten. And against Bournemouth, wow. Go Dougie......ohhh, er...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mrplow » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:59 am

2-1 win
I'm going, I've been going for nearly 40 years (Christ, am I that old.....) , I'm not stopping now due to this clown. Can't say I'm looking forward to it mind.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 pm

mrplow wrote:

2-1 win
I'm going, I've been going for nearly 40 years (Christ, am I that old.....) , I'm not stopping now due to this clown. Can't say I'm looking forward to it mind.
Is Bobo putting people off that much??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
mrplow wrote:

2-1 win
Is Bobo putting people off that much??
:lol:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:55 pm

mrplow wrote:

2-1 win
Said it for me mrplow!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:28 pm

William the White wrote:
mrplow wrote:

2-1 win
Said it for me mrplow!

Yeah, right, Will. You wish you'd only been going 40 years! :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:36 pm

A vision of what life is like.....

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:40 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
William the White wrote:
mrplow wrote:

2-1 win
Said it for me mrplow!

Yeah, right, Will. You wish you'd only been going 40 years! :wink:
Or, better still, nearly. :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Well tosspot will be managing again on Sat, bet the players are looking forward to it (well those not his bum chums from Palace or Millwall anyway)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:45 pm

As we seem to have no such thing as a starting XI these days, what would be anyone's team / formation for this one?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:41 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:As we seem to have no such thing as a starting XI these days, what would be anyone's team / formation for this one?
It will be drawn out of a hat tomorrow. 6-7/8" is apparently in goal.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:03 am

I think we should go ironic.

Play Paddy Kenny. Moxey of course. Lonergan up front. Vela, just to show he's loved. Pick Trotter even though he won't be fit as he's probably better that way. Holden on the bench. Hughes ... the coach who he registered. Hall, as a sort of "bye-bye, enjoy the loan" sort of thing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:07 am

We'll win.

There are, believe it or not (and yes I'm being serious) people who will return to this board in their droves (maybe not droves, but f*ck me, we know how bad its been can we just all be honest with each other please for a second?) who will suggest we're back on the right track.

Beggars belief how and why we're in the position we're in.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.