Next Up - Freeman's Replacement

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Next Up - Freeman's Replacement

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:surely nobody is "in the running" yet!! far too early!!
Do you think the club hasn't been preparing for this ? At least looking at who's available, & with proper inside knowledge of what they are like salary expectations, availability and geographical ambition ?

Or do you think Wednesday might's result sort off sneaked up on them all unawares ?
They have succession plans - I clearly remember Garty espousing them, when he put errrrrr.....

Sammy Lee in charge.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Do you think the club hasn't been preparing for this ?Probably not At least looking at who's available, & with proper inside knowledge of what they are like salary expectations, availability and geographical ambition Probably not?

Or do you think Wednesday might's result sort off sneaked up on them all unawares ?
Probably yep.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Still no confirmation on who will take tomorrows game.

Surly we don't have somebody already lined up for the job??

Also strange that Dougie was said to be taking today's press conference and then everything changed.. Something has happened between announcing Dougie will take a press conference today and cancelling the press conference and sacking the guy..

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:23 pm

jaffka wrote:Moyes would be a great appointment.

I don't think we would get him though.

The pressure got to him at Man U.

Imagine what he'd be like at a big club................................

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Current odds are very funny.

Paddy Power offering 11-1 on Coyle but, if you really fancy a punt on his return, go for Coral at 100-1. :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

:lol: :oyea: :oyea:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

:lol: :oyea: :oyea:

Bring him in with Lennon as assistant - revive the Ginger Minger tradition.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:42 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:Current odds are very funny.

Paddy Power offering 11-1 on Coyle but, if you really fancy a punt on his return, go for Coral at 100-1. :lol:
these betting houses are that shitty/skittish that if i put 12 quid on campo they'll make him favourite .

probably.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm

a1 wrote:

these betting houses are that shitty/skittish that if i put 12 quid on campo they'll make him favourite .

probably.
Feck it! If we all put a quid on Campo we'll have him odds on fave before the night's out!

(In fact, from what we know of the man, I'm surprised he's not already backed himself into favourite's position!)

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:51 pm

What is interesting (though probably not significant as A1 rightly spots) is that Clough and Keith Hill have come roaring in from nowhere.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:52 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
a1 wrote:

probably.
Feck it! If we all put a quid on Campo we'll have him odds on fave before the night's out!

(In fact, from what we know of the man, I'm surprised he's not already backed himself into favourite's position!)
We need to do something! Dave Jones is coming into the betting....

----> heads off to find Campo wig for tomorrow (or maybe some artificial suntan)

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:
a1 wrote:

probably.

We need to do something! Dave Jones is coming into the betting....

----> heads off to find Campo wig for tomorrow (or maybe some artificial suntan)
:lol:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:00 pm

McDermott and Jones sound like good shouts to me. I don't know whether it's apathy or not but there isn't any one on those lists that I'd be dead against, although Hughton should be excluded if only for being daft enough to buy Elmander.

Alan Ball is dead isn't he?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Alan Stubbs won 3-1 at Rangers with Hibs the other day. Should be enough for a 3 year contract, double-your-salary call from Gartside.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I think we may stick with Jimmy Phillips in the interim to save money and hopefully push up the table a little. I don't think there's a mad rush to get a replacement in, given that I suspect we can't afford Pulis, McDermott or anyone half decent.

I thought Ricky Sbragia did a decent job both with us and at Sunderland in the short term, but he hasn't been mentioned. Neil Lennon at 20/1 is someone I'd like to see given a chance. He's unlikely to get a Premiership job straight out so may fancy cutting his teeth in the Championship.
When did Ricky Sbragia manage us?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: I may have said Mackay but some of his behaviours have been questionable of late.
Is there only me that wouldn't be in the least bit bothered by them?
No, I'm not too bothered by them either.

Storm/Teacup with a fcking idiot of a Chairman.
I know he got Reading promoted. Most Reading fans I know said he came across quite arrogant especially when their in the Premiership.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Do you think the club hasn't been preparing for this ?
no! really - do you?? :lol:

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:58 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I think we may stick with Jimmy Phillips in the interim to save money and hopefully push up the table a little. I don't think there's a mad rush to get a replacement in, given that I suspect we can't afford Pulis, McDermott or anyone half decent.

I thought Ricky Sbragia did a decent job both with us and at Sunderland in the short term, but he hasn't been mentioned. Neil Lennon at 20/1 is someone I'd like to see given a chance. He's unlikely to get a Premiership job straight out so may fancy cutting his teeth in the Championship.
When did Ricky Sbragia manage us?
He didn't, but he was part of a well-regarded coaching staff during our most successful period, and did keep Sunderland up with a squad that was far from the best.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Mackay can feck off. Absolute bell end and managed to get promoted with a shit ton if money. Who knew?!

Mowbray is even worse. Is like Coyle, if you swapped links with Bolton for links to that fckuing Ipswich team.

Karl Robinson for me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:31 pm

danardif1 wrote:I'd be going for Neil Lennon if he was up for it, regardless of what people think of the SPL, it's his European exploits with Celtic that impressed me a lot. By getting his side organised he managed to beat teams like Barcelona... that's something not many managers have been able to do in Europe.

He comes off as a decent enough guy and I think the Championship would be a good place for him to prove himself in England... He'd get our side organised at least.
Really!