Next Up - Freeman's Replacement

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Next Up - Freeman's Replacement

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:35 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
danardif1 wrote:I'd be going for Neil Lennon if he was up for it, regardless of what people think of the SPL, it's his European exploits with Celtic that impressed me a lot. By getting his side organised he managed to beat teams like Barcelona... that's something not many managers have been able to do in Europe.

He comes off as a decent enough guy and I think the Championship would be a good place for him to prove himself in England... He'd get our side organised at least.
Really!
Gosh .... I find myself agreeing with Dan @@

Lennon is a volcano of nasty anger.

Anyway, he'll be after a Premiership club.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Did someone put a fiver on Phil Brown? He appears to be the favourite right now. Any good as a manager?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:51 pm

If I put 20 on Adrian Boothroyd he will be come favourite. He is certainly who I'd like to be our next manager.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Did someone put a fiver on Phil Brown? He appears to be the favourite right now. Any good as a manager?

i hope not... i may be totally wrong - but he always felt like a bit of a chancer to me - riding for far too long on BigSam's coat-tails..

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
danardif1 wrote:I'd be going for Neil Lennon if he was up for it, regardless of what people think of the SPL, it's his European exploits with Celtic that impressed me a lot. By getting his side organised he managed to beat teams like Barcelona... that's something not many managers have been able to do in Europe.

He comes off as a decent enough guy and I think the Championship would be a good place for him to prove himself in England... He'd get our side organised at least.
Really!
Gosh .... I find myself agreeing with Dan @@

Lennon is a volcano of nasty anger.

Anyway, he'll be after a Premiership club.
Well the guy has had bomb and death threats and generally been ragged on by the other half of Glasgow, as well as having to deal with depression from around 2000... I can't say I've seen anything to suggest he's not just your typical Northern Irishman... bit of a short temper but means well. His record in Scotland and in Europe suggests he is a good manager, and yeah he's probably holding out for a Premier League club, but if any other Championship club snapped him up Bolton would've massively missed out!

Celtic look like they really miss him, and in a league that is supposedly as poor as the SPL in terms of competition is, that says a lot about what he did with the team whilst he was there...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:24 pm

eddie howe managed burnley, so he'll be next ..

or campo .

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:28 pm

has campo even done his badges??

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Two choices which would get fans excited but probably to high profile, Tim Sherwood or Steve Clarke both unemployed, but by all accounts superb on the training pitch.

Whatever happens the profile of our next manager will tell us the ambition of the club. I think given were we are currently a British manager is a must.

A more realistic option would be Steve Cotterill.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm fairly certain that Sherwood wouldn't even take the phone call, were it to be made. He's fecking deluded as to his own ability. Why Spuds ever thought it right to give him the job i'll never know.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:I'm fairly certain that Sherwood wouldn't even take the phone call, were it to be made. He's fecking deluded as to his own ability. Why Spuds ever thought it right to give him the job i'll never know.
Oddly though and perhaps proof the are lies, damn lies and statistics he has the highest win ratio of Spurs managers in the premier league era.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:I'm fairly certain that Sherwood wouldn't even take the phone call, were it to be made. He's fecking deluded as to his own ability. Why Spuds ever thought it right to give him the job i'll never know.
Oddly though and perhaps proof the are lies, damn lies and statistics he has the highest win ratio of Spurs managers in the premier league era.
True. Though the Spuds fans that I know, couldn't stand his attitude. He had a very high opinion of himself, even before he'd managed them for some bizarre reason.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Didn't he turn down Palace?

Sorry folks, we need to look a bit lower down.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Tim Sherwood?! :lol: fcuk me.

He's a cretin.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Now that's odd. No mention of Jimmy Phillips taking charge. Instead it's the goalkeeping coach and another bloke Ive never heard of. What the feck is going on down there??!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Phillips is a no for me. Maybe in time, but now is not the time for more learning. We need experience.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Now that's odd. No mention of Jimmy Phillips taking charge. Instead it's the goalkeeping coach and another bloke Ive never heard of. What the feck is going on down there??!!
The knew this was going to go over like a lead balloon too, hence announcing it late Friday evening.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Now that's odd. No mention of Jimmy Phillips taking charge. Instead it's the goalkeeping coach and another bloke Ive never heard of. What the feck is going on down there??!!
Maybe he just didn't want the gig :conf:

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:53 am

Martin O'Neill anyone ? I'd like to have him but it would never happen.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:57 am

There's nothing worse than unrealistic AND uninspiring :D. I wouldn't want him even if I thought we could get him.

I'm all for the 'knows the lower leagues' approach.

Robinson
Hill
Flicroft(s)
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:04 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
The knew this was going to go over like a lead balloon too, hence announcing it late Friday evening.
At lunchtime, I was on top of the world, with a feeling of fresh optimism, that we had a chance to banish the bad times and make everything good again.

Within 12 hours, the powers-that-be have pissed on my chips once more. Nice one Garty.
:crazy: