FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewards

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewards

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, they review their own processes, decide not to publish the report ... get embarrassed into doing so .... and conclude that the English FA are damaging the reputation of football.

Phew !! I'm glad that's all cleared up now.
The English Football Association has been accused of damaging the image of Fifa and flouting bidding rules in its attempt to stage the 2018 World Cup.

A Fifa report says the FA behaved improperly when trying to win the backing of a key voter.

However, Qatar have been cleared of any wrongdoing during their successful bid to stage the 2022 World Cup, thus ending talks of a possible re-vote.

The Gulf state had faced a number of corruption allegations.

The news that the FA has come in for criticism is a surprise given that it has repeatedly called for transparency in the voting process and accused Fifa of not doing enough to stamp out corruption.
I, for one, would quite enjoy seeing us just say "fck you" and not competing (not that we did .... compete that is ... last time). Though I don't doubt there'd be a heap of penalties the cartel could impose on us.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Re: FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewa

Post by Athers » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 am

The truth is that those pesky journalists, especially English journalists, will always be better at uncovering corruption than any sort of formal investigation.

I skim-read the bit about England which basically blamed the bid team for giving in to some of Warner's unreasonable demands. A nice little result all round considering Warner resigned from FIFA a while ago.

It also says there's not much wrong with the bidding process, but then lists a load of strong recommendations for next time! :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:50 am

bobo the clown wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031405

So, they review their own processes, decide not to publish the report ... get embarrassed into doing so .... and conclude that the English FA are damaging the reputation of football.

Phew !! I'm glad that's all cleared up now.
The English Football Association has been accused of damaging the image of Fifa and flouting bidding rules in its attempt to stage the 2018 World Cup.

A Fifa report says the FA behaved improperly when trying to win the backing of a key voter.

However, Qatar have been cleared of any wrongdoing during their successful bid to stage the 2022 World Cup, thus ending talks of a possible re-vote.

The Gulf state had faced a number of corruption allegations.

The news that the FA has come in for criticism is a surprise given that it has repeatedly called for transparency in the voting process and accused Fifa of not doing enough to stamp out corruption.
I, for one, would quite enjoy seeing us just say "fck you" and not competing (not that we did .... compete that is ... last time). Though I don't doubt there'd be a heap of penalties the cartel could impose on us.
I actually think we should feck EUFA off as well and that dammed Frenchman. I'm sure some of the big guns in Europe would breakaway ala premier league to rid us of them.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 pm

They, FIFA, are corrupt wankers. Bin Hammam is a liar. Qatar bought the fxcking bid. Jack Slip Me A Bundle Warner is a vile lying nice person interested only in the capacity of his trouseration. There you go Sepp, sue me.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:27 pm

... and now the man who did the investigation and wrote the full report (still unpublished) says "that's not what I said !!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30037729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:06 pm

I don't know how they remain sustainable as a law unto themselves with no independent oversight. I'm not sure how they keep getting away with it other than the people in power clearly won't vote for Christmas and have the ability to say "Nothing to see here" when there's clearly been wrongdoing as evidenced by people resigning for taking bribes....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Just a bunch a self-perpetuating corrupt bastards voting each other in.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:56 pm

As expected, a pathetic, spiteful whitewash.

But can Sepp and the gang outsmart the FBI? Sounds like they've got an informer on their books, and even the Swiss banking system had to bend over for the US Government when the IRS came knocking with full weight behind them:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/polit ... ion-probe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or will FIFA suddenly relocate to Moscow or Doha and "destroy all their computer equipment"?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Couple of unmanned drones would probably sort it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 pm

The gall of them is staggering.

Loved this on the Russians from the article at the top:

" As for Russia, they have also been cleared, although the report noted its bid team made "only a limited amount of documents available for review".

According to the report, the Russian team hired computers that were subsequently destroyed, denying the inquiry access to email accounts.

But Alexey Sorokin, the chief of Russia's 2018 World Cup organising committee, said his country had nothing to hide.

"We don't have any particular emotions because we were always confident that there could be nothing which would come out from this investigation," he told Sky Sports News. "

I bet you were indeed bloody confident!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 am

This Garcia report will surely be leaked any moment now?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:49 am

I hope so - sounds like it would be an interesting read...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:29 am

Athers wrote:This Garcia report will surely be leaked any moment now?
Where's Edward Snowden when you need him?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:47 pm

It seems that it's everyone else who's at fault...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 4111492776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope is what keeps us going.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Interesting. I don't say it will come to anything but it's a positive start. He suggests there are thoughts that UEFA could quit FIFA. That'd suit me ... though Platini and his mates need to go too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30077311" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:30 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30103293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fifa has lodged a criminal complaint regarding "possible misconduct in connection with the hosting rights of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups".

Fifa president Sepp Blatter lodged the complaint on the recommendation of judge Hans-Joachim Eckert.

Eckert complied the 42-page report that gave the green light to Russia and Qatar to host the next two World Cups.

Blatter said: "If we had anything to hide, we would hardly be taking this matter to the Attorney General."
Anyone smell anything like bullshit?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30103293
Fifa has lodged a criminal complaint regarding "possible misconduct in connection with the hosting rights of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups".

Fifa president Sepp Blatter lodged the complaint on the recommendation of judge Hans-Joachim Eckert.

Eckert complied the 42-page report that gave the green light to Russia and Qatar to host the next two World Cups.

Blatter said: "If we had anything to hide, we would hardly be taking this matter to the Attorney General."
Anyone smell anything like bullshit?
Sounds like they are confident .... confident they've lathered HIS pockets too. Distressingly you have to fear that they got to Eckhert ... a German judge. It's like watching a movie where the baddies simply cover all their tracks. But they'll lose in due course.

Apparently, according to Blatt, the nice person Blatter has resisted calls for (the full report) to be made public.

:laugh: "If Fifa were to publish the report, we would be violating our own association law as well as state law," he said. :lol:

I wonder if these two are the British that they said violated the process ?? That would be interesting.

Blatter's old, can he have long before he slips his mortal coil ? I'd prefer him to be caught, tried, convicted, humiliated, jailed, fined and stripped of his power. But dead will do ... at a push.

The Jimmy Savile of football.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:52 pm

I know I posted this during the World Cup, but I've never known anyone sum the bunch of corrupt shitcunts quite like it. I'll post it again for those that missed it.

May the bridges I burn light your way

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:36 am

Having said all that, this particular author writing an article under this headline did make me laugh. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 74941.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Garcia's appeal about the summary has been rejected

Well I never :lol: