creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:08 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:Bit of anti-climax in the end. Shame, especially after Chapple's efforts. Wish we'd at least got the chance for a desperate run chase.
Aye - shame really. Wickets seem to have been tough to come by all day and never really looked like it - there wasn't any sort of flurry of two or three wickets, and Middlesex chugged along at 2.x runs an over generally not taking any risks (don't blame 'em)...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Sounds like we didn't provide enough with the ball despite Chapple's efforts, we never really looked like taking all the wickets and they dug deep especially with then final partnership, fair play to Middlesex they dug deep scored slow and made it very difficult for our boys to get any wickets. Can't help but feel that if Buttler had of held onto that catch we might have had a chance, their tail end particularly seemed to prove strong resistance and wickets were had to come by. Sadly I don't think our football team will do much better if they need to beat Birmingham on the last day of the season.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:07 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Sounds like we didn't provide enough with the ball despite Chapple's efforts, we never really looked like taking all the wickets and they dug deep especially with then final partnership, fair play to Middlesex they dug deep scored slow and made it very difficult for our boys to get any wickets. Can't help but feel that if Buttler had of held onto that catch we might have had a chance, their tail end particularly seemed to prove strong resistance and wickets were had to come by. Sadly I don't think our football team will do much better if they need to beat Birmingham on the last day of the season.
Did he down more than one? On one he did down, the guy was out two balls later...so we'd have only has two more balls of a chance. :-)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:41 pm

I think it was the batsman at the other end who was out 2 balls later, you have to assume that both would have gone if Buttler had of held on to the catch and then of course there is the word "momentum" and the difference taking 2 quick wickets could have made.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am

Here's hoping that Phil Hughes pulls through. That looked awful. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Here's hoping that Phil Hughes pulls through. That looked awful. :(
Very definitely.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:36 pm

A ghastly incident. Fortunately the medical staff were on the scene quickly and he was transported to St.Vincent's hospital, which is only a few kilometres from the SCG and has a very good reputation in this town. I also hope that young Abbott (the bowler) isn't adversely affected by it as well.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:40 pm

never nice to see anyone hurt on an arena of sport

I wish you well and a speedy recovery

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:00 pm

I met Phil Hughes on a Sydney-Dubai flight in September, as Australia played Pakistan in Dubai.

Incredibly nice guy, softly-spoken, and just really chilled, non-assuming and approachable country boy.

The SCG is 800m from the very good St Vincent's Hospital, BUT the ambulance took 23 minutes to get to the ground ?!?!

Hope he pulls through. This feeling reminds me very much of what I felt with Muamba.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:35 am

I really should check my maps before spouting off, jonny. :wink:

One of my local newspapers this morning dedicated its front page to a "Why did it take so long?" brouhaha. It seems though that he was eventually transported to St.Vinnies by a whirlybird. Why that should be I have no idea other than it's possible that a standard ambulance was dispatched rather than an ICU. As far as the delay is concerned it is quite possible that all local units were already committed to other tasks. That is not an unusual situation as much of the work done by ambulances is akin to a taxi service, shuttling patients around for dialysis. physiotherapy and the like. The job of trying to co-ordinate such a fleet must be a tough one.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:14 am

No worries, Mr Dujon. I only know, as I have a house directly between the SCG and the hospital, and know the area/route very well. It's probably even closer than 800m in a straight line. An Aaron Finch six away. :)

Foxsports.com.au had an article, saying that the first ambulance had not arrived within 15 minutes of the first call, and so a second call was made, and a second ambulance then set off. This second ambulance arrived before the first ambulance.

But yes, not sure why he was taken away by chopper in the end. By the time that arrived, there were three ambulances.

Anyway, hopefully, he recovers, and none of it matters.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:39 am

jonnybwfc wrote:No worries, Mr Dujon. I only know, as I have a house directly between the SCG and the hospital, and know the area/route very well. It's probably even closer than 800m in a straight line. An Aaron Finch six away. :)

Foxsports.com.au had an article, saying that the first ambulance had not arrived within 15 minutes of the first call, and so a second call was made, and a second ambulance then set off. This second ambulance arrived before the first ambulance.

But yes, not sure why he was taken away by chopper in the end. By the time that arrived, there were three ambulances.

Anyway, hopefully, he recovers, and none of it matters.
A helicopter for 800 metres? Sounds absurd to me. Anyway, good luck to him.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 am

RIP Phil Hughes :(

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:29 am

The saddest possible news. To think that Muamba can survive and Jules Bianchi still have a chance, but a simple ball to the head can cause this. RIP.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:11 am

RIP. So sad.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:24 am

Sad day. RIP Phil.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:17 am

Terrible news, rest in peace Phil.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:27 am

Dying at 26 years old and at the peak of your profession with a huge amount to look forward to is, in the truist sense, a tragedy. A word used to freely on this occasion I feel it's appropriate. Terribly sad for those close to him.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

Awful. awful news. RIP Phil. God only knows how Sean Abbott must be feeling right now - apparently they were good mates. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:57 am

Very sad to hear about this. Not a huge cricket fan but was well aware of him and it sounds like he was a really decent and likeable bloke. Gutted for all concerned. RIP.