Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:36 pm

This is fantastic!
Pfffft.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:25 pm

:D :D :D

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 pm

I am completely underwhelmed by this news. Happy to be proved wrong, but I fail to see what an aged Eidur will bring to the party.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 am

borgetti were about 408 years old and he secured our first european win

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:25 am

TonyDomingos wrote:I am completely underwhelmed by this news. Happy to be proved wrong, but I fail to see what an aged Eidur will bring to the party.
He brings class to the party.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:07 am

TonyDomingos wrote:I am completely underwhelmed by this news. Happy to be proved wrong, but I fail to see what an aged Eidur will bring to the party.
Bang on. Precedents have been set here by the signings of ageing players such as Hierro, Djorkaeff and Speed. What a waste of time they were! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:49 am

Ah, don't be so miserable. If nothing else, it's done wonders for club morale. Apart from yours, obviously...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:35 am

truewhite15 wrote:
Ah, don't be so miserable. If nothing else, it's done wonders for club morale. Apart from yours, obviously...
Exactly.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:30 am

Jugs wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Exactly.
Ok, I admit to being a grumpy old man :D But I'm still of the view that this is more about flogging half season tickets & shirts than it is about moving the team to another level. Nothing against Eidur, but his recent record doesn't suggest to me that he'll be ripping this league a new one.

File me under "glass half empty" for this one! 8)
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:46 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Jugs wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Exactly.
Ok, I admit to being a grumpy old man :D But I'm still of the view that this is more about flogging half season tickets & shirts than it is about moving the team to another level. Nothing against Eidur, but his recent record doesn't suggest to me that he'll be ripping this league a new one.

File me under "glass half empty" for this one! 8)
I'm in the same place - hope he hacks it. Wouldn't want to remember him as a has been, particularly.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:49 am

We're " a sleeping giant" says Mr Lennon (Goals section of today's Sun) . Wants to emulate what big Sam did for Bolton. " A sleeping giant"....Yeah... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:20 pm

truewhite15 wrote:

I very hope we can do a whole lot better than the club morale argument???? :shock:

c'mon - have a bit of faith!!!

(having said that - I don't think Eidur will have turned shoite - but he won't be the player we signed 73 years ago... question is - is faded-older-Eidur still enough to make an appreciable difference worth whatever we are paying him? It's certainly feasible, but I am yet to be convinced - but, then, so should everyone else be on this Forum given that we haven't seen him turn out for us in a real game yet!!)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Eidur Gudjohnson - the poor man's Robbie Blake?? :) :)

(No I don't think that at all and very giddy he has joined)
Pfffft.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Despite the euphoria we need to manage expectations and give him some time.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Despite the euphoria we need to manage expectations and give him some time.
Balls to that, we're only 10 points off the play-offs, where with Eidur we cannot fail! (Except that we did, before.)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:05 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Despite the euphoria we need to manage expectations and give him some time.
Balls to that, we're only 10 points off the play-offs, where with Eidur we cannot fail! (Except that we did, before.)
It's ok, Barry Knight has retired.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:22 am

Gotta trust lennon on this one.

Mark Davies is made of glass and chungy will now be a marked man or even worse be sold in jan cos we'll lose him for nowt otherwise.

Eidurs got a yard up top hopefully. We certainly could do with another creative option.

And f-in hell its better than signing cast offs from palace and millwall.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:06 am

officer_dibble wrote:Gotta trust lennon on this one.

Mark Davies is made of glass and chungy will now be a marked man or even worse be sold in jan cos we'll lose him for nowt otherwise.

Eidurs got a yard up top hopefully. We certainly could do with another creative option.

And f-in hell its better than signing cast offs from palace and millwall.
aye... he gets the blood pumping a wee bit more than the idea of Garvan did... 8)

it's a tantalising hope... (but we are Bolton fans and we don't really expect it to work out, do we?)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Thinking back to the gut-aching games and results just pre-Lennon, no, let's go back further still, just the thought of winning a few games and not conceding goals is total bonusville. Suddenly we're a different side in effort and attitude. We won't win every game and a month ago the thought of a point away to Reading would have seemed like an early Christmas present and five games without a loss, mission impossible, so let's not forget who and where we were. I've got my interest back big style. Come on Eidur, get in there and give us our pride back. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Eidur on Granada Reports tonight.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2014-12 ... back-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;