Karl Oyston Step Down – HELP the Petition

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Karl Oyston Step Down – HELP the Petition

Post by daib0 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:47 pm

I’m happy to forward this to you all – I believe fans should help each other for the benefit of all. I’m a Reading fan, as many of you know, but I write regularly on many different forums, and feel that I know the ins-and-outs of many. I also help to organize inter-forum games and competitions.

Right now the overwhelming majority of Blackpool fans need YOU to sign their big petition - please help! The following should help to explain everything. If you still feel you need more info as good as any: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Oyston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from Blackpool Supporters Trust

Hi All,

Any assistance that you can give in supporting our petition would be greatly appreciated. You may already have heard, but our club chairman Karl Oyston has been in the press this week for insulting a fan by text. The press has focused on the use of language which could be considered offensive including use of the term "Retard" and the comment "Enjoy your special needs day out", which have been widely condemned, due to the offence it may cause to the disabled, their families and indeed decent society. Football is supposed to be inclusive and clearly the use of such language cannot be tolerated.

However Oyston has not only insulted those with disabilities, he also appears to believe that normal everyday working people are also somehow beneath him and in doing so has widely insulted football fans across the country.

Here is one example of a text sent to a Blackpool fan by Karl Oyston...

"So let me get this straight, you think that despite knowing and being friendly with other chairman in the FL and PL, venture capitalists, bankers, entrepeneurs, very successful businessmen, government ministers, MP's and a whole host of notable worthies, that I should single out a fat flaccid painter and decorator/consultant whose crowning achievment is taking his poor family on holiday to Orlando for three torturous weeks a year? really? I suggest you slip discreetly back into whatever foul pond you emerged from. Crack on as I am enjoying myself. you are on toast and are too simple to realise it. In fact you have cheered me up no end and made me realise I am right to completely ignore the influential fans so cheers." Karl Oyston.

Karl Oyston is, as you may be aware, also on the Football League Board and therefore has an influential role in the decisions that may affect your football club. We firmly believe there is no place in football for anyone with such a dismissive attitude towards us, the fans.
Blackpool Fans also believe that Oyston should be removed from his position on the Football League board.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

Club President Valeri Belokon has called upon all Blackpool fans to support a petition for Club Chairman Karl Oyston to step down from his position with immediate effect.

Blackpool Supporters Trust would ask that our members , Blackpool fans and indeed all in the football community support Mr Belokons request and sign the attached petition that requests that Mr Karl Oyston step down from any position of influence in Blackpool FC immediately. This petition will be submitted to the FA and Football League as well as to Blackpool Football Club owner Mr Owen Oyston.

As many fans will be aware, Karl Oyston has recently been in the national and local media, having engaged in a series of abusive text exchanges with Blackpool supporters, which has further sullied the good name of Blackpool FC through association.

The attitude displayed by Mr Oyston, not only in regard to the unacceptable references to disabilities and ' special needs ' but in his general attitude towards hard working Blackpool fans in general makes him in our view unsuitable to hold a position of influence within our famous community football club.

For some time the relationship between Club and its fans has been strained and it is our firm belief that many of these issues are a direct result of Karl Oyston and his confrontational approach to the fan base. This latest outburst from Mr Oyston is simply a very public demonstration of an attitude that as has no place on football and decent society and which in addition has had a negative impact on relations between Karl Oyston and numerous managers , board members , members of the Press , players , fans and of course, Mr Belokon himself. When one individual manages to sour relations with so many other people, then the source of the problem becomes patently obvious. Karl Oyston seems incapable of managing everyday relationships without conflict and that cannot be good for Blackpool Football Club.

The time has come for Blackpool Football Club to move on into a new era of cooperation between Club and its fans and the wider community and for us to build upon the success that Valeri Belokon's substantial investment had brought about. Blackpool Supporters Trust call upon Mr Owen Oyston to remove Karl Oyston from any position of influence with immediate effect and re-establish a working relationship with Valeri Belokon, with a view to making positive progress, placing football first, investing properly for the success of the team and to start treating the fans and community of Blackpool with the respect that they deserve from the ambassador of our historic club.

Please sign the online petition detailing your full name & email address, together with any comments that you feel are relevant.

Sign Petition HERE

Thanks!!!
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Karl Oyston Step Down – HELP the Petition

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Oyston clearly needs to go - he's part of the new breed of totally unhinged owners like Tan and Cellino - but online petitions are worth the paper they are written on. Especially from a fan like myself, who has never and will never spend a dime on Blackpool. You need to make this a financial boycott. Write your club and tell them you won't spend a cent on anything other than match tickets until they call for Oyston's head.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:36 am

H. Pedersen wrote:Oyston clearly needs to go - he's part of the new breed of totally unhinged owners like Tan and Cellino - but online petitions are worth the paper they are written on. Especially from a fan like myself, who has never and will never spend a dime on Blackpool. You need to make this a financial boycott. Write your club and tell them you won't spend a cent on anything other than match tickets until they call for Oyston's head.
That's what he wants.. if he could run a football club without the football, he'd be buzzing. He's pretty much said it'd be more cost effective to play behind closed doors and only open the hotel.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:50 pm

now nearly 5,700 signed ...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:16 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Oyston clearly needs to go - he's part of the new breed of totally unhinged owners like Tan and Cellino - but online petitions are worth the paper they are written on. Especially from a fan like myself, who has never and will never spend a dime on Blackpool. You need to make this a financial boycott. Write your club and tell them you won't spend a cent on anything other than match tickets until they call for Oyston's head.
Is that a mistake or another version of "I could care less" where you lot leave out a word this saying the complete opposite to what you mean?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 am

It's so obvious to me, just watch these four minutes or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOkoD6 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:49 am

Prufrock wrote:
Is that a mistake or another version of "I could care less" where you lot leave out a word this saying the complete opposite to what you mean?
Is that a mistake or do you lot say this instead of thus? :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:12 pm

must be fecking desperate to grovel to the 'murderers' over this.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:57 am

a1 wrote:must be fecking desperate to grovel to the 'murderers' over this.

It's not directly from a Blackpool fan, but from a Reading fan.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 am

Prufrock wrote:
Prufrock, I think you've missed the irony. i.e. online petitions aren't written on paper, and therefore the statement "but online petitions are worth the paper they are written on" means that they are worthless. Or am I reading too much into it???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Latest - taken from a Blackpool fan forum. You won't believe this mates!

"Up to now most fans threatened with legal action regarding comments made on this forum and other forms of social media have only received letters of pre action . As you may have recently read on other posts one of our fellow posters has now received documents from the Oystons' solicitors which require him to fill in earnings and assets to be presented to the courts as well as a request to submit his defence . They have also paid the court fees for £610 to take the poster concerned to the High Court in Manchester with a claim lodged for up to £50,000 each for John Owen Oyston, Karl Samuel Oyston and Blackpool Football Club Limited .One of the ludicrous claims the solicitors have made is that the comments made by this fan have, amongst other claims for damages, hit this years season ticket sales.

Our request for help is for anyone reading this message board who didn't renew this season, e-mails on the following address a quick resume as to why they didn't renew. Possible reasons may include a lack of investment over the past few seasons, being treated with contempt by the present owners, having only 8 players up to a week before the season started, pre season training tour cancelled etc etc etc.

This in effect will show any judge preciding that to make a claim for these damages is ridiculous to say the least.

Many thanks for your time and if any other fans have received a summons that we don't know about that these emails may also help please let us know on the below email address."

[email protected]

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:27 pm

is it Tim Fielding who was the chairman of the independent supporters group who is being sued?

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:40 pm

jaffka wrote:is it Tim Fielding who was the chairman of the independent supporters group who is being sued?
yep, it's all handled on this thread: http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread ... LLDmk0tBu1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:45 pm

He's a solicitor.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:52 pm

daib0 wrote:I’m happy to forward this to you all – I believe fans should help each other for the benefit of all. I’m a Reading fan, as many of you know, but I write regularly on many different forums, and feel that I know the ins-and-outs of many. I also help to organize inter-forum games and competitions.

Right now the overwhelming majority of Blackpool fans need YOU to sign their big petition - please help! The following should help to explain everything. If you still feel you need more info as good as any: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Oyston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi All,

Any assistance that you can give in supporting our petition would be greatly appreciated. You may already have heard, but our club chairman Karl Oyston has been in the press this week for insulting a fan by text. The press has focused on the use of language which could be considered offensive including use of the term "Retard" and the comment "Enjoy your special needs day out", which have been widely condemned, due to the offence it may cause to the disabled, their families and indeed decent society. Football is supposed to be inclusive and clearly the use of such language cannot be tolerated.

However Oyston has not only insulted those with disabilities, he also appears to believe that normal everyday working people are also somehow beneath him and in doing so has widely insulted football fans across the country.

"So let me get this straight, you think that despite knowing and being friendly with other chairman in the FL and PL, venture capitalists, bankers, entrepeneurs, very successful businessmen, government ministers, MP's and a whole host of notable worthies, that I should single out a fat flaccid painter and decorator/consultant whose crowning achievment is taking his poor family on holiday to Orlando for three torturous weeks a year? really? I suggest you slip discreetly back into whatever foul pond you emerged from. Crack on as I am enjoying myself. you are on toast and are too simple to realise it. In fact you have cheered me up no end and made me realise I am right to completely ignore the influential fans so cheers." Karl Oyston.

Karl Oyston is, as you may be aware, also on the Football League Board and therefore has an influential role in the decisions that may affect your football club. We firmly believe there is no place in football for anyone with such a dismissive attitude towards us, the fans.
Blackpool Fans also believe that Oyston should be removed from his position on the Football League board.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

Club President Valeri Belokon has called upon all Blackpool fans to support a petition for Club Chairman Karl Oyston to step down from his position with immediate effect.

Blackpool Supporters Trust would ask that our members , Blackpool fans and indeed all in the football community support Mr Belokons request and sign the attached petition that requests that Mr Karl Oyston step down from any position of influence in Blackpool FC immediately. This petition will be submitted to the FA and Football League as well as to Blackpool Football Club owner Mr Owen Oyston.

As many fans will be aware, Karl Oyston has recently been in the national and local media, having engaged in a series of abusive text exchanges with Blackpool supporters, which has further sullied the good name of Blackpool FC through association.

The attitude displayed by Mr Oyston, not only in regard to the unacceptable references to disabilities and ' special needs ' but in his general attitude towards hard working Blackpool fans in general makes him in our view unsuitable to hold a position of influence within our famous community football club.

For some time the relationship between Club and its fans has been strained and it is our firm belief that many of these issues are a direct result of Karl Oyston and his confrontational approach to the fan base. This latest outburst from Mr Oyston is simply a very public demonstration of an attitude that as has no place on football and decent society and which in addition has had a negative impact on relations between Karl Oyston and numerous managers , board members , members of the Press , players , fans and of course, Mr Belokon himself. When one individual manages to sour relations with so many other people, then the source of the problem becomes patently obvious. Karl Oyston seems incapable of managing everyday relationships without conflict and that cannot be good for Blackpool Football Club.

The time has come for Blackpool Football Club to move on into a new era of cooperation between Club and its fans and the wider community and for us to build upon the success that Valeri Belokon's substantial investment had brought about. Blackpool Supporters Trust call upon Mr Owen Oyston to remove Karl Oyston from any position of influence with immediate effect and re-establish a working relationship with Valeri Belokon, with a view to making positive progress, placing football first, investing properly for the success of the team and to start treating the fans and community of Blackpool with the respect that they deserve from the ambassador of our historic club.

Please sign the online petition detailing your full name & email address, together with any comments that you feel are relevant.

Sign Petition HERE

Thanks!!!
you are a Reading fan with, at the time of looking 2802 posts on the back henry street forum?

that was the same forum, where some muppet a couple of years ago came on here to 'stir things up' with your final game at the then 'bok being your promotion game. that didn't work out did it :laugh:

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:29 am

jaffka wrote:
daib0 wrote:I’m happy to forward this to you all – I believe fans should help each other for the benefit of all. I’m a Reading fan, as many of you know, but I write regularly on many different forums, and feel that I know the ins-and-outs of many. I also help to organize inter-forum games and competitions.

Hi All,

Sign Petition HERE

Thanks!!!
you are a Reading fan with, at the time of looking 2802 posts on the back henry street forum?

that was the same forum, where some muppet a couple of years ago came on here to 'stir things up' with your final game at the then 'bok being your promotion game. that didn't work out did it :laugh:
yep, I'm a Reading fan since the late 70s. I do the 'outreach stuff' for the Royals Rendezvous forum, and so have written on 50+ forums. The Blackpool forum is excellent, where I've posted most except on mine where I easily pass 20,000 posts. But it's not numbers; I've helped campaigns for over half-a-dozen different teams especially when they ask my help, and if I've got time I'll try to help. We're people first ...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Out of court settlement with a pensioner for £20000 being reported today.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 am

How much?! Is this still the defamation suit? How do you defame that prick?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 pm

he's settled , yet there's a kickstarter type thing to pay his 'bill' .

and someone on WW says he's a retired managing director which is kinda funny or ironic as thats the kinda job the oyston family give themselves at blackpool.

plus he's probably got a big pension. so the begging bowl can GTF , for me.
Prufrock wrote:How much?! Is this still the defamation suit? How do you defame that prick?!
dunno. but to be safe he shouldve stuck to calling them rapists.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:34 am

Apparently they are trying to sue the sun now!

Their last home game could be fun and games.