Freedman gone

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman gone

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:52 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
jaffka wrote:The Forest fans say that his contract is for 0.4 of a year.
1.1 years off

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/ ... 46022.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think they were joking, meaning he will be sacked at the end of the season.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:55 pm

ah k

I'm tired.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:57 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:ah k

I'm tired.
He has done his first conference today.

You are young spunker and good with IT and internet stuff so be a good lad and try and find it please.

The BBC site wont play for contractual reasons!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Has anyone else said blimey yet?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/LIVE-Nott ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sat next to John McGovern talking about not having a good time at Bolton..... Caption time?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:05 am

He still looks about a week from a breakdown!

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:01 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Has anyone else said blimey yet?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/LIVE-Nott ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sat next to John McGovern talking about not having a good time at Bolton..... Caption time?
I notice he's borrowed the line that NL used when he arrived about the players lacking confidence and how his job was to pick them up.
Also note NL in http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _permanent_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; talking about reduced wage bill and young and hungry players.
They all use the same language - amazing how one is much more believable than the other

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Yeah, interesting to see Lennon mention that they had to cut the wage bill; that'll be LCY, Spearing and Andrews, then. Presumably he will want to sell Spearing in summer - has he still got a year left on his contract? What about Baptiste?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:23 pm

SSN report mentioned last night how he has the pedigree for the situation 'having worked on a tight budget at Palace and Bolton and saved both clubs from relegation'.
The TV was nearly short-circuited by a mouthful of Old Speckled Hen.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:SSN report mentioned last night how he has the pedigree for the situation 'having worked on a tight budget at Palace and Bolton and saved both clubs from relegation'.
The TV was nearly short-circuited by a mouthful of Old Speckled Hen.
That surely has to be the worst bit of journalism ever!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Neither Palace or us should have been anywhere near relegation when Freedman took over. He didn't save either club from relegation, he merely got them playing at a level which wasn't as bad as it was before and that was plenty enough for a mid table finish. In his only full seasons at Palace and us, they finished 17th and we finished 14th, both of which were underachievements given the players he had in both squads. At Palace, his typical starting 11 had Speroni, Clyne, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Zaha, Ambrose and Murray in it, so finishing 17th isn't an achievement. At the end of 11/12 and start of 12/13, Freedman's strong Palace team had 12 losses and 3 draws from 15 games yet people still talk about what he did there as if it was impressive.

Why the media continue to repeat nonsense about Freedman is beyond me. He's well out of his depth at Championship level and even though I expect Palace to get off to a decent start under him, he'll get found out soon enough.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:00 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Neither Palace or us should have been anywhere near relegation when Freedman took over. He didn't save either club from relegation, he merely got them playing at a level which wasn't as bad as it was before and that was plenty enough for a mid table finish. In his only full seasons at Palace and us, they finished 17th and we finished 14th, both of which were underachievements given the players he had in both squads. At Palace, his typical starting 11 had Speroni, Clyne, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Zaha, Ambrose and Murray in it, so finishing 17th isn't an achievement. At the end of 11/12 and start of 12/13, Freedman's strong Palace team had 12 losses and 3 draws from 15 games yet people still talk about what he did there as if it was impressive.

Why the media continue to repeat nonsense about Freedman is beyond me. He's well out of his depth at Championship level and even though I expect Palace to get off to a decent start under him, he'll get found out soon enough.
*Forest (Palace brought in a former player who is actually also a proper manager).

So do you rate him then? :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:34 am

personally I don't really care what he does at Forest - he might be a huge success - he might be totally crap - I just don't care either way... nowt to do with us...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Hell be back out of work come May, too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31531335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Doubt it. He'll continue to do ok with another manager's players then get a decent contract and lose his first ten games of the season.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:52 pm

he didnt walk into a gold pig when he were here, he had coyle's shite, then he had to replace them with free crap, now lennon has to deal with that.

lennon outting isnt required yet neither.

whatevers

anyroad - the whites are going up next year.