New Sheriff, but he's still a villain - Forest (A) 21/02/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New Sheriff, but he's still a villain - Forest (A) 21/02

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Nicko58 wrote: Perhaps it's time for Slavchev to come in?
I feck* hope so, why else was he signed on loan?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:15 pm

danardif1 wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
DJBlu wrote:"The good times are coming back for these supporters" says the commentator.

Oh how wrong you can be.

Wait till the Freedman rot sets in.

Oh and Lennon is getting it wrong. He's fecking about with the side thinking we are safe.

Dangerous game to play.
Agreed. Still hopeful about the future, but he's got it horribly, horribly wrong today.

It's been shocking. I don't know what McNaughton's done wrong, but surely he's worth a go?

The midfield, looking so solid in November, has fallen apart, whether due to fatigue or reverting to their true colours.

Bad, bad day.
Mixture of both I think... Lennon's worked them to the bone to get results out of them, but the likes of Danns just aren't that good.
I think the same can be said of most of our players at the minute. Investment needed over the summer in some way, shape, or form, but I just can't see it coming.

A proper right back is an absolute must. I like Ream, and I'd have him in the team, but not as a right back. We can't keep putting temps in there. Mills and Wheater are probably good enough as centre backs (although I think Wheater just edges it), but not together - they need a partner, and other than a purple patch when everybody looked like worldbeaters, Dervite just isn't cutting it.

Midfield needs a complete overhaul. Danns has run himself into the ground, but is limited anyway. Feeney just hasn't shown enough on a regular basis, and I'm not sure Janko is the answer just yet. Vela has promise, and I'm happy with him - we should be building our new midfield with him in the middle. We need a proper left winger, a new right winger, and an all energy partner for Vela. Pratley could probably fill that role with the proper discipline, but Lennon seems to prefer him further forward. Bannan, if he stays, is a useful addition to the squad, but I don't think he's the answer to our midfield prayers either. We need somebody (dare I say it) like Stuart Holden. Is his return likely? I'd say not, at this stage...

Up front is the one area I wouldn't say I'm overly concerned with. Clough is a star of the future, we've got Clayton to come back, and if we can keep Eidur, ALF and Cravies (if he ever returns), then I think we've got a good unit up there.

This has been a shockingly poor day at the office. But hope still remains for next season.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Livid.

Mills, Moxey, and Forest can f*ck off.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:17 pm

I know football's a game of opinions, but I don't see why Ream is getting such a bad rap. He's been one of our more consistent performers* for ages now, and he'll be a loss if that injury is severe.

*and yes, I can see the easy joke...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:I'd make em walk home after this.

Useless pricks.
This 100% - we have a shambolic, soft as shite, weak as feck team - the likes of Mills, Dervite, Ream & Danns can feck off for me, all mentally weak players who constantly switch off and make poor decisions - let's have some proper fullbacks....and Vela has been shocking the last couple of games - we need some fighters in this team, who will roll their sleeves up, hate losing and be nasty when needed....some of these players are a disgrace.

As much as I like & believe in NL, his 3-5-2 tactics and recent tinkering need questioning as well, I know we have lots of injuries and he's not had any money but he can't escape any criticism with the amount of goals we have conceded recently, and with the way we have stopped pressing and keep backing off the opposition

We are being sucked back towards the bottom 3 and NL needs to sort these wankers out - we have too many players who accept losing - the passion, tempo & pressing from NL's earlier games has gone and we are slowly going backwards

On the button!

I personally quite like Danns but I agree with everything else! Lennon said himself IIRC 3-5-2 don't suit our players! WTF

God knows why twardzik was playing! Midfield was so light weight Danns is the only battler we have there! and he's a make shift one! this Slachev aint he suppose to be a DM? Why did he bring Heskey on when he did! why can't Kevin McNaughton get a game :conf:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:20 pm

What I can't understand with Lennon & his coaches is that we now have 2 tiny strikers and yet we still keep hoofing the ball up to them knowing that they aren't going to win the ball - now either the players are thick as feck and are ignoring the manager or NL hasn't pointed out that Clough & Le Fondre need the ball to feet - it was the same last week at times.

If they aren't listening to the manager they should be shown the door - I admire & like NL's honesty but surely he now needs to back this talk up now and get really tough with some of these players, he needs to be ruthless and rip into some of these players, he needs to make a statement that he won't put up with this and put one or two on the transfer list.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:28 pm

He's mentioned before that some players need to buck their ideas up but I think he's given them too many chances to disappoint. Needs to get tough now and start kicking arse.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Problem is! our we in a position where we can do that? there's a few out of contract yes but what we gonna replace them with??? thin air?

Probably better come to think of it!"
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Beyond awful and utterly shambolic. No one seemed to have a clue where they were playing or what their role was. Is that 28 in 8 we've conceded? I don't remember such a poor performance. No passion, no closing down, unable to pass to a white shirt. Grim.

Lonergan didn't seem to get touched for me, seemed to see the red card coming as the ref reached for his back pocket and he went down and stayed down to stop us going down to 9 men.
There was an unintentional clash of heads between him and Blackstock as both rushed in for the ball.
Have another look, sure he wasn't touched. He stood up, saw the ref, then collapsed. Wasn't a penalty as the ball wasn't under control and was heading out of play, with Lonergan trying to get out of the way.
The paramedics were giving him oxygen as he left the pitch for crying out loud. Are they in on it to?
Standard for someone with a suspected head injury. If he hadn't gone down, we were down to nine men, the ref had already reached for his card and was sending him off for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

4-1 flattered us today. NL needs to sort out what system he wants and stick with it. I'm still unsure whether we started with 3 or 4 at the back and Vela certainly didn't know.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:54 pm

As if you're still sticking with it :lol:. He got smashed on the side of the head.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Boro away tuesday...no mils, lonergan, ream?

If kev mcnaughton doesnt get a recall for that lennon wants a feck* shake...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 pm

big bucks team, i'm more arsed that rotherham beat us

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:As if you're still sticking with it :lol:. He got smashed on the side of the head.

It's the Illuminati, man. They're all in on it. Triangles and shit.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Standard for someone with a suspected head injury. If he hadn't gone down, we were down to nine men, the ref had already reached for his card and was sending him off for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Lonnergan is on his way to hospital with a head/chest injury. All part of the cunning plan, right?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:What I can't understand with Lennon & his coaches is that we now have 2 tiny strikers and yet we still keep hoofing the ball up to them knowing that they aren't going to win the ball - now either the players are thick as feck and are ignoring the manager or NL hasn't pointed out that Clough & Le Fondre need the ball to feet - it was the same last week at times.

If they aren't listening to the manager they should be shown the door - I admire & like NL's honesty but surely he now needs to back this talk up now and get really tough with some of these players, he needs to be ruthless and rip into some of these players, he needs to make a statement that he won't put up with this and put one or two on the transfer list.
If some of our players are as lily-livered as are made out, then I don't think that a bollocking would do them any good. There's no point in putting players on the transfer list in February either.

The sooner Pratley and Craig Davies are back, the better.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Someone on another site has made a great point - why bring Heskey on to play Centre Half when we had Wheater on the bench

This must have been done to make a point ?

I also suspect he's gone absolutely mad after the game, and seriously ripped into the players - he won't tolerate many more shambolic performances like this -very damaging result today IMO

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Beyond awful and utterly shambolic. No one seemed to have a clue where they were playing or what their role was. Is that 28 in 8 we've conceded? I don't remember such a poor performance. No passion, no closing down, unable to pass to a white shirt. Grim.

Lonergan didn't seem to get touched for me, seemed to see the red card coming as the ref reached for his back pocket and he went down and stayed down to stop us going down to 9 men.
There was an unintentional clash of heads between him and Blackstock as both rushed in for the ball.
Have another look, sure he wasn't touched. He stood up, saw the ref, then collapsed. Wasn't a penalty as the ball wasn't under control and was heading out of play, with Lonergan trying to get out of the way.
The paramedics were giving him oxygen as he left the pitch for crying out loud. Are they in on it to?

4-1 flattered us today. NL needs to sort out what system he wants and stick with it. I'm still unsure whether we started with 3 or 4 at the back and Vela certainly didn't know.

Last edited by Nicko58 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Someone on another site has made a great point - why bring Heskey on to play Centre Half when we had Wheater on the bench

This must have been done to make a point ?

I also suspect he's gone absolutely mad after the game, and seriously ripped into the players - he won't tolerate many more shambolic performances like this -very damaging result today IMO

Heskey was brought on at half time to play up front, wasn't he?

Mills then got sent off two minutes later.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:

Fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree.

I do, however, think that you have a point when it comes to three at the back and sticking with a system.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Sponge wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:

Lonnergan is on his way to hospital with a head/chest injury. All part of the cunning plan, right?
No, just my opinion. Watch the ref tonight, if he hadn't been carried off, we were down to 9 men.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.