The middle East

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The middle East

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Hoboh wrote: Note to Pru,
Muslims, Mosques, Jihadi groups, nothing to do with Islam? :hang:
:conf: what on earth makes you think I reckon this has nothing to do with Islam. That's, like, the opposite of everything I've ever said or written on this topic.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Pru, for one night only please accept my apology, I misread the bit you posted and I am sorry :oops:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 am

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/f ... useum-iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's what scum think of culture!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:44 am

Who or what is / are CAGE? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Who or what is / are CAGE? :conf:
it's a group offering advocacy/advice to people wrongfully targetted/arrested/imprisoned (eg Guantanamo Bay) often without trial or charges under anti-terror legislation.

whether they always get it right is a matter of debate - but the idea behind it seems sound enough to me...

they are also a capaigning group and argue - among other things - that clumsy anti-terror legislation has contributed to the radicalisation of some of those who perceive themselves to be targets. Again - a matter of debate - but not an outrageous or ludicrous claim.

many innocent people have been swept up in the anti-terror legislation. it makes sense to me that there are some people they (or you) could turn to if you thought you had been unfairly targetted/imprisoned/surveilled/tortured...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks, Bish. Makes sense now.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 am

thebish wrote:
it's a group offering advocacy/advice to people wrongfully targetted/arrested/imprisoned (eg Guantanamo Bay) often without trial or charges under anti-terror legislation.

whether they always get it right is a matter of debate - but the idea behind it seems sound enough to me...

they are also a capaigning group and argue - among other things - that clumsy anti-terror legislation has contributed to the radicalisation of some of those who perceive themselves to be targets. Again - a matter of debate - but not an outrageous or ludicrous claim.

many innocent people have been swept up in the anti-terror legislation. it makes sense to me that there are some people they (or you) could turn to if you thought you had been unfairly targetted/imprisoned/surveilled/tortured...
Good old liberal poor little misunderstood terrorist then?
Hang about with a bunch of blokes getting droned whilst having a day out on Jihad, not his fault! :evil:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:57 am

^ do you actually READ the posts you respond to?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 pm

thebish wrote:

Bullshit
CAGE are a pro-Islamist pressure group using behind the enemy lines tactics to disseminate their jihadist propaganda.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... group.html
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm

thebish wrote:^ do you actually READ the posts you respond to?
I'm debating the workings of this group, clearly by taking on Jihadi John or even considering doing so with his track record of friends was tantamount to supporting a terrorist and his aims!
Oh and btw there are quite a few of those 'innocent' Gitmo inmates who slipped off the radar after release and are now lining up for terrorist groups or their support.
Sometimes I get the impression you don't always think what you post :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Hoboh wrote: Oh and btw there are quite a few of those 'innocent' Gitmo inmates who slipped off the radar after release and are now lining up for terrorist groups or their support.

if they have "slipped off the radar" - how do you know this? :conf:

surely the definition of "slipping off the radar" is that you don't know where they are or what they are doing??

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 pm

as for CAGE - do they always get it right - I doubt it - but then neither do you and neither do I.

Is it a worthwhile exercise to explore all the possibilities about how/why people become "radicalised"? yes - I think so - even if in the course of that debate you encounter opinions and ideas you might not agree with.

Sometimes prevention is better than cure, and I welcome any exploration of how this process of radicalisation works - many people say that trying to understand it is an important thing to be doing... and for that to happen, dialogue with those you maybe most disagree with CAN be worthwhile.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 pm

thebish wrote:as for CAGE - do they always get it right - I doubt it - but then neither do you and neither do I.

Is it a worthwhile exercise to explore all the possibilities about how/why people become "radicalised"? yes - I think so - even if in the course of that debate you encounter opinions and ideas you might not agree with.

Sometimes prevention is better than cure, and I welcome any exploration of how this process of radicalisation works - many people say that trying to understand it is an important thing to be doing... and for that to happen, dialogue with those you maybe most disagree with CAN be worthwhile.
So despite the fact years ago we had the chance to study, explore and consider all this sort of stuff aka kamikaze pilots, the suicide bombers of their time, Nazi's following Hitler etc. we still need to understand the sheep mentality?
Or is all this study yet another excuse for failing to deal with these people like the rabid animals they are!
Some people find looking for good and excuses far more important the ridding the world of this vermin so the rest of us can get on with our lives in peace.
I would support a 'boots on the ground' in Iraq and Syria providing there was a no prisoner rule in force with the total destruction of ISIS as the ultimate aim!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:31 pm

thebish wrote:as for CAGE - do they always get it right - I doubt it - but then neither do you and neither do I.

Asim Qureshi said yesterday "It's hard to imagine the trajectory, but it is not a trajectory that's unfamiliar to us"... 'us' being CAGE.
I know it's not, unfamiliar that is.
This one particular cxnt [Asim Qureshi] personally knew not one but two sawer-off-of-filthy-kuffar-heads prior to them doing the sawing: Adebolajo and Emwazi. Adebolajo and Emwazi didn't know each other but they both knew this paragon of social justice, prior to them turning into butchers of humans.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Some smart arses criticising that he managed to get out of the country in order to be a t*@t in Syria. I think they have done a fantastic job as it's clear to me that wherever he will be, he will still be a t*@t, so it's better that he is being a t*@t in Syria, rather than the UK.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Yes these things should be explored Bish, but this cxnt Qureshi, as LLS correctly describes him, made out that British authorities turned this man into a murderous terrorist. Before they inconvenienced his travel plans he was a beautiful person. Course he was.
CAGE deserves every bit of the backlash it is receiving snd I hope the terrorist apologist wankers lose any funding they get from these shores.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:03 am

something with this , i dont get.

in between taking over two halves of two countries, what's their endgame ?? aside from throwing the gays off tall buildings and other stone age barbarism ?

say NATO does nowt , for fear of upsetting russia / china / kiribati / whoever , and they 'annex' various areas and walk through Turkey killing heathens as they go.. will they just stop once they get to them bridges in instanbul ?

coz i can see them getting utterly fecking routed by the NF types and their various converts , never mind somebodies real army.

they needed rescuing when slobodan went on the rampage

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:58 pm

For all intents and purposes, they blame white people for terrorists becoming terrorists and look to keep terrorists out of prison.

I believe they've recently been stripped of their charity registration as one of their top bods admitted to having links with terror cells in London
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:
For all intents and purposes, they blame white people for terrorists becoming terrorists and look to keep terrorists out of prison.

I believe they've recently been stripped of their charity registration as one of their top bods admitted to having links with terror cells in London
According to bish they are an alright organisation and cannot be expected to get everything right. No doubt he will putting his hand in his pocket to try and meet any funding short fall.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:47 pm

jaffka wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

According to bish they are an alright organisation and cannot be expected to get everything right. No doubt he will putting his hand in his pocket to try and meet any funding short fall.
It is pretty hard to defend the organization based on the statements its leaders have made from time to time. Support for the extreme version of Sharia (including death by stoning for adultery) is particularly offensive. If they had stuck to lobbying for freedom for prisoners held for years without charge it might be okay, but they have gone far beyond this.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.