Going for the drop - Blackpool 4/4/15 (h)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Going for the drop - Blackpool 4/4/15 (h)

Post by jaffka » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:34 am

Blackpool next up at home, in a few weeks.

A little early for a match thread but this could be the game where they are officially relegated, so our season isn't over yet, we still have something great to achieve. So the third and final match thread using the Jaffka guarantee of victory has been created :oyea:

What come around goes around, from singing Leicester, Leicester when Duggie blew our playoff chance to that strange person from the tangerines forum 'up your back henry street' wtf? Still no idea why they have a forum named like that.

Troubled times at Bloomfield Road, with the owners seemingly using the method of suing fans to raise revenue, attendances are down and they have more of a patched together squad than us :shock:

So, let send these tangerine c**ts down and shove that tower right up their ar*es :pissed:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Going for the drop - Blackpool 4/4/15 (h)

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:49 pm

jaffka wrote:Blackpool next up at home, in a few weeks.

A little early for a match thread but this could be the game where they are officially relegated, so our season isn't over yet, we still have something great to achieve. So the third and final match thread using the Jaffka guarantee of victory has been created :oyea:

What come around goes around, from singing Leicester, Leicester when Duggie blew our playoff chance to that strange person from the tangerines forum 'up your back henry street' wtf? Still no idea why they have a forum named like that.

Troubled times at Bloomfield Road, with the owners seemingly using the method of suing fans to raise revenue, attendances are down and they have more of a patched together squad than us :shock:

So, let send these tangerine c**ts down and shove that tower right up their ar*es :pissed:

We've nowt much to crow about. I'll save my Schadenfreude for better times.

It might go against the grain but I quite like Blackpool and all the other 'ex great' clubs who were good before the money spoiled it. I've even got time for Blackburn and Burnley.

Not Wolves though. :mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:It might go against the grain but I quite like Blackpool and all the other 'ex great' clubs who were good before the money spoiled it. I've even got time for Blackburn and Burnley.
Obviously a completely different question, but what about Wigan?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:It might go against the grain but I quite like Blackpool and all the other 'ex great' clubs who were good before the money spoiled it. I've even got time for Blackburn and Burnley.

I was referring the founder members of the Football League and those (like Blackpool) who had players like Matthews playing for them DSB

Bolton Wanderers
Preston North End
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Blackburn Rovers
West Bromwich Albion
Accrington (no relation to Accrington Stanley)
Everton
Burnley
Derby County
Notts County
Stoke City

Wigan don't exist.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 pm

^^ So not Blackpool then ?

Simples.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:56 pm

jaffka wrote:So, let send these tangerine c**ts down and shove that tower right up their ar*es
Crazy likes this post.

Providing Leeds do the bizzo on Saturday, a victory for us will send them down. Can't wait.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ So not Blackpool then ?

Simples.

well - no - as Blackpool are well covered by Enfield's "who had players like Matthews playing for them" clause!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

I was referring the founder members of the Football League and those (like Blackpool) who had players like Matthews playing for them DSB

Bolton Wanderers
Preston North End
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Blackburn Rovers
West Bromwich Albion
Everton
Burnley
Derby County
Notts County
Stoke City

Wigan don't exist.
Hence "obviously a completely different question", Enf. Some romantics like thee tend to root for many northern clubs, including Wigan. Just wondering: it isn't a trick question.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:48 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Bolton Wanderers
Preston North End
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Blackburn Rovers
West Bromwich Albion
Everton
Burnley
Derby County
Notts County
Stoke City

Wigan don't exist.
Hence "obviously a completely different question", Enf. Some romantics like thee tend to root for many northern clubs, including Wigan. Just wondering: it isn't a trick question.

Wigan weren't there, man. They couldn't know!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am

But do you root for them?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:But do you root for them?

No. Not really. I'm ambivalent.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:03 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

It might go against the grain but I quite like Blackpool and all the other 'ex great' clubs who were good before the money spoiled it. I've even got time for Blackburn and Burnley.

It's banter and having a laugh.

There are also plenty of tangerine muppets who would be lording it if the roles were reversed.

You will be waiting for a hell of a long time before we get one over on them on a level footing and I certainly don't want to see us going where they are potentially heading.

We have one hell of a chance to deliver the coup de grace to a side that as Long as I can remember been a pain in the arse to us. Feck em.

At least this thread has sorted out who the conscientious objector is :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:34 am

jaffka wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

It's banter and having a laugh.

There are also plenty of tangerine muppets who would be lording it if the roles were reversed.

You will be waiting for a hell of a long time before we get one over on them on a level footing and I certainly don't want to see us going where they are potentially heading.

We have one hell of a chance to deliver the coup de grace to a side that as Long as I can remember been a pain in the arse to us. Feck em.

At least this thread has sorted out who the conscientious objector is :wink:

Bants. Yay.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ So not Blackpool then ?

Simples.
I thought Wolves had been discounted too...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Also Re: Blackpool, the highlight of their season a few years ago was watching us narrowly miss out on the last play off place and rubbing our faces in it. So you know, justice!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Beefheart wrote:Also Re: Blackpool, the highlight of their season a few years ago was watching us narrowly miss out on the last play off place and rubbing our faces in it. So you know, justice!
Ahem' that's mentioned in the opening post.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 pm

jaffka wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Also Re: Blackpool, the highlight of their season a few years ago was watching us narrowly miss out on the last play off place and rubbing our faces in it. So you know, justice!
Ahem' that's mentioned in the opening post.
What, you expected me to read that? :conf: (sorry!)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:31 pm

:lol:

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:42 pm

We can have some input in the demise of Blackpool and Wigan, a nice round of applause when Burnley join us next term and a hankering for Blackburn to make up the quartet at sometime in the not too distant future. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm

I always enjoyed the local Derbys when I lived up north. Ideally I wouldn't want to see those teams relegated to be honest . It's more fun finishing above them and beating them than not having them in the division . There's bad history with Blackpool of course but it is history. I feel for their fans a little with the way the club is being run down. Wouldn't wish it on anyone .