Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:19 pm

We are jinxed. I'm not superstitious but kinell. The Royals sally, we clear, they recover, Mark Davies clears, loses it and Wheatley eventually clears. Big Dave bombs a header forth and now we attack. Vela, Wheater, Vela, Prince, Wheater, and a bit about sealing wax from mic man betwixt it before we manage a few passes. More mither about this and that from micman before we sally forth again. Passing very nicely but it'll probably go backwards. Now Wheater assaults a Royal and you can't do that. Free then, Wheater clears. Throw them and here they come, but stray offside.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Mention about some 600 Bolton faithful try to keep spirits alive. Feeney passes to Leicester City who passes it back to micman who has a ramble about anything but us. Oh, Blackman is receiving treatment. Throw us and....Oskar Threlfeld has apparently scored for somebeody. Wheater, Vela, Feeney....bad toch but we keep it and....Ameobi gets done for shirt tugging. The goal Machine revs up on the sideline.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Good movement by us but daggers in the back as scores announced not in our favour. (Charlton) Spearing off, Ameobi off, Clayton and Madine on.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Now that sounds like it could be the 4231 that LGM suggested from Iles' semi-colons. Clayton left, Feeney right, Mavies behind the Machine, with Danns and Prats deeper. Clayton a slightly oval peg in that round hole but it's closer than we started with.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:31 pm

Clayton gets quick mention that doesn't quite happen, but ....Pratley fouls a Royal.(Is that treason?) Casado and....some chat and then Casado. Pratley wins a soft free, Amos takes it.....well, they will when the homers make a sub. Madine....Pratley, they clear. Their fefence sounded less than wonderful earlier, but we can't score throwing darts at balloons. Amos gets a Casado back header and.......we chat forward, micman passes to his mate and then gets it back just in time for Amos makes a save from Blackman. Corner, back they come and....Amos saves.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 pm

We'll be bottom unless we can score two or we're relying on Leeds coming back and getting something against Rotherham. Joy.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:38 pm

"Lennon must feel helpless" observes micman, followed by a bit of chat and then a bit more and...rebellious talk of us going down....don't be silly man. Three minutes with not commentary so it must be electrifying out there. Madine wins a free...which goes short and ends with no coconut. Now they keep the ball for a bit and Alli eventually clears long. Talk of how Norwood was a possible target for us (how helpful) as Wheater colears for a corner. Now is the time as Heskey replaces Mark Davies. Defending then..Another corner them and.....er, we need to get forth lads to score. Eight strikers defending well and they win another corner (Royals, not us) . They sally again and.....cleared and......Williams lashes a half volley that slides wide.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Madine and....PENELTEEEEEEEE

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Feeney and.......pxss off micman......and part saved, but it's 2-1.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Feeney and.......pxss off micman......and part saved, but it's 2-1.
We scored a pen? :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:48 pm

COME ON YOU WHITES........Al absi got a hand to it and it still went in. Now we're pressing and win a corner. And....Feeney and...cleared and...Prince throws as Bolton flash the town Christmas lights to celebrate actually scoring a goal. And now.....quick chorus of Ride of the Valkyrees.......and six and a half announced plus stoppage. Come on you Whites and.....Veal, Casado,,,,cleared and.....Al Absi has it. Good from Casado there. Wanderers are rejuvenated says our man. Now Ivanhoe, Clayton, Danns, Wheater Casado....and....they clear. They sall, Prince does well and Wheater finds Vela. Madine wins a free 25 out and.........and......Casado? and......and......hits the wal, pratley, Vela.....cleared....Clayton and....Casado..and cleared as they sally at us. Time wasting free kick to them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Fro and to and wallop with minutes only and.....a corner. Madine claims for a penaly, fans get animated and.....Clayton didn't go for Feeney's corner. Five added......Yes.....come on. Wheater.......throw them and....a bit of time wating and....we go again....Clayton, Danns, Casado, Madine....throw.......Casado, cross and.....cleared.....they break and....offside as Royals make a last change Blackman off and xxxxxxx? on. And now......

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:53 pm

"Attempt missed. Gary Madine (Bolton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Liam Feeney with a cross following a corner."

Story of a season.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Can we do it.....course we can.....come on......Wheaters gets it back to Amos, big clog and......Casado. Pratley, Feeney and....they clear. Now Prince, Wheater, Feeney........and Vela and.....they clear. Amos now and Clayton and Williams clears. Casado clears and......we get offsided.....2-1 them and another loss. Adios.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Really tempted to say just stick Jimmy Phillips (is he still here?) in the hotseat and see what happens....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Really tempted to say just stick Jimmy Phillips (is he still here?) in the hotseat and see what happens....
We'd still get relegated but with the added bonus of having to pay Lennon off too.

Superb plan.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Today if anything, showed us that it's not Lennon's tactics, this is down to the players. 3 gilt edge chances missed, 2 sloppy mistakes, game lost. We lack guts and a work ethic in some quarters.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:18 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Really tempted to say just stick Jimmy Phillips (is he still here?) in the hotseat and see what happens....
We'd still get relegated but with the added bonus of having to pay Lennon off too.

Superb plan.
We will have to pay him the same amount either way. Last hope might be some sort of reaction from the players to a change in manager.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:20 pm

It's the players, the tactics, the selections, the signings, the money wasted on people in the stands (from Medo to Pisano), the money we haven't got and haven't had since we got relegated.

No point sacking Lennon. Either we get taken over and get more money, which should improve things, or we don't and go down and he'll walk away in one of those blame-free divorces.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Because Jimmy Phillips is nailed-on to deliver what, exactly? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way