What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 pm

William the White wrote: Nazim Hikmet...

bless you!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
thebish wrote:just made a batch of roasted butternut squash soup... (I bought a butternut squash cos they were selling them off in Lidl!)

1 butternut squash (roasted)
1 onion (softened in butter)
some grated fresh ginger
seasoning
a bit of garlic
stock

bang! it's comfortsouptastic!

(next time I might add a bit of chilli)
I'd like to recommend one of those boxes of wine with that.
:D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:00 pm

A Swedish fella who I have a meeting with this coming week has sent me two Gotland sheepkin rugs, one for me and one for Taff Tavit, and refuses all forms of reimbursement for them, despite their nett value being around £150 each (Messrs Sarbanes and Oxley need know feck all about them, capiche? ;) ). The guy in question is partial to a drop of Gin, and dearly beloved Taff has bought him a bottle of gin made from seaweed from her local distiller in Ceredigion.

I'm intrigued by it. Do I swap it for a bottle of Tanqueray and keep the seaweed stuff for myself, or do I take it with me on the grounds that it might be shite? I suppose if I do take it with me then he's likely to open it anyway, and if it's any good I can ask Taff to get me some more. :?

What would you do? Yes, you! :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Had an amazing six course feed and drink up the Swallow Secret Supper Club last night. Good concept, lovely house and bang on nosebag we had a group large enough to fill the table but you can go in any numbers and share.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:A Swedish fella who I have a meeting with this coming week has sent me two Gotland sheepkin rugs, one for me and one for Taff Tavit, and refuses all forms of reimbursement for them, despite their nett value being around £150 each (Messrs Sarbanes and Oxley need know feck all about them, capiche? ;) ). The guy in question is partial to a drop of Gin, and dearly beloved Taff has bought him a bottle of gin made from seaweed from her local distiller in Ceredigion.

I'm intrigued by it. Do I swap it for a bottle of Tanqueray and keep the seaweed stuff for myself, or do I take it with me on the grounds that it might be shite? I suppose if I do take it with me then he's likely to open it anyway, and if it's any good I can ask Taff to get me some more. :?

You're seriously expecting one of us to condone you nicking a gift for a bloke who's sent you a £150 rug??!! This is almost worse than the infamous 'Gunga Din' incident. You deserve to be flogged at the post man!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:25 pm

No, you get him a second gin bottle as well. One per sheepskin. Something Scoych like Pickerings or The Botanical will do.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Had a fellow Wanderer and family round tonight. In honour, I dusted down the raclette and we stuffed ourselves silly with cheese, meats and potato. Now if only the first team squad could raise themselves to such levels.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:A Swedish fella who I have a meeting with this coming week has sent me two Gotland sheepkin rugs, one for me and one for Taff Tavit, and refuses all forms of reimbursement for them, despite their nett value being around £150 each (Messrs Sarbanes and Oxley need know feck all about them, capiche? ;) ). The guy in question is partial to a drop of Gin, and dearly beloved Taff has bought him a bottle of gin made from seaweed from her local distiller in Ceredigion.

I would head down to Byrne's in Clitheroe, and buy one of the thousands of fantastically weird and whacky gins they have, keep the seaweed one, and give him the Tanqueray and A.N.Other. Bear in mind, you now have a bottle of Seaweed Gin, and a sheepskin rug for the price of a bottle of decent gin. Win-Win.

Happy to help!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:

I would head down to Byrne's in Clitheroe, and buy one of the thousands of fantastically weird and whacky gins they have, keep the seaweed one, and give him the Tanqueray and A.N.Other. Bear in mind, you now have a bottle of Seaweed Gin, and a sheepskin rug for the price of a bottle of decent gin. Win-Win.

Happy to help!
Bruce in Byrne's would never get out of Byrnes less than two hundred lighter...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:54 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Had an amazing six course feed and drink up the Swallow Secret Supper Club last night. Good concept, lovely house and bang on nosebag we had a group large enough to fill the table but you can go in any numbers and share.
Blog post from the chef. Defo recommend this. Will be back...
https://swallowssupperclub.wordpress.co ... -that-was/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Off to Fazenda in Liverpool this weekend. Anyone been? What would you recommend?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Off to Fazenda in Liverpool this weekend. Anyone been? What would you recommend?
Moving it to Southport ... or Wirral ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Ba dim tish! !

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:35 am

So, the upshot was, I took the seaweed gin, he opened it and we skulled it between us. Everbody's happy. :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Yesterday and today.

I'm working very close to Waterloo Station at the moment. Yesterday I discovered Lower Marsh and their excellent food stalls. So I had Pad Thai (omellete style) with 2 crispy pancakes yesterday and today it was a Cuban dish called Ropa Vieja which was a shredded beef, black beans, rice and plantain dish. Absolutely fantastic. Browsed an old record shop for some vinyl too. These next few weeks are going to be expensive!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Yesterday and today.

I'm working very close to Waterloo Station at the moment. Yesterday I discovered Lower Marsh and their excellent food stalls. So I had Pad Thai (omellete style) with 2 crispy pancakes yesterday and today it was a Cuban dish called Ropa Vieja which was a shredded beef, black beans, rice and plantain dish. Absolutely fantastic. Browsed an old record shop for some vinyl too. These next few weeks are going to be expensive!
There's another very good food market on t'other side of Waterloo Station, just behind the London Eye. I'm hungry now despite having just eaten mi butties.

Off to the Blundell Arms this evening for food. Not my choice, but i'll give it a go.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:

There's another very good food market on t'other side of Waterloo Station, just behind the London Eye. I'm hungry now despite having just eaten mi butties.

Off to the Blundell Arms this evening for food. Not my choice, but i'll give it a go.
Behind the National Theatre? Done that too. Good food but expensive (too many tourists) They cost about £6.00 just for a Po' Boy sandwich.

The Lower Marsh stuff is cheaper and, to me, more authentic. Expecting the crippling stomach cramps to kick in any time. :grin:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Behind the National Theatre? Done that too. Good food but expensive (too many tourists) They cost about £6.00 just for a Po' Boy sandwich.

The Lower Marsh stuff is cheaper and, to me, more authentic. Expecting the crippling stomach cramps to kick in any time. :grin:
Aye. That's the one. Will have to venture around to 'your' market the next time that we're down in that London.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Aye. That's the one. Will have to venture around to 'your' market the next time that we're down in that London.

You should. Also the National Theatre one is only open Fridays. The Lower Marsh on is every day. Oh my, I feel a fat month coming on. :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Rosso's again on Wednesday evening with a beautiful Portuguese girl. All work, sadly. Doh! :doh: