A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34939
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:10 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:00 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 am
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:10 pm
No-one is paying their players 4.4kpw including us. It's for half a transfer window. There are still players signed in the Prem in this squad. Sure, we aren't competing financially with Middleborough or villa, but if you think we aren't with Burton or Millwall you're soft in the head.
Half a window? Aye. And several signings. We need two decent midfield players to have a chance. Know any we can sign on 60% of Chris Taylor's salary?
Well, Mr Spearing, if he comes to his senses and realises that he isn't quite the player he clearly likes to think he is, will see that nobody's interested in him and that £0.5m pa is better than nowt.
Under 0.25M isn't it? And given we can't even pay that much under the rules of one in one out...probably even less. Suspect he would only be an option if embargo was lifted.
You're right, I still had the 10K a week figure in my head
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 am

Phil Parkinson has now said that he admits that he made a tactical mistake against Hull....wait for it, wait for it....

He says that he should have started Pratley instead of Buckley....!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24585
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 am
Phil Parkinson has now said that he admits that he made a tactical mistake against Hull....wait for it, wait for it....

He says that he should have started Pratley instead of Buckley....!!
You wanted Buckley to start. He did. We lost 4-0.

Facts speak for themselves. Thankfully Parky has taken your advice seen where it got him. We can now all ignore every piece of footballing advice you offer.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34939
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:52 am

Kenny opens a can of worms here. Also, I've had a little look into the dealings of Shabbir Khilji, and it strikes me that he's so full of shit he'll have to tilt his head backwards to stop any from falling out.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/august ... chairman7/
I don't need fun to have alcohol

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24585
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:52 am
Kenny opens a can of worms here. Also, I've had a little look into the dealings of Shabbir Khilji, and it strikes me that he's so full of shit he'll have to tilt his head backwards to stop any from falling out.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/august ... chairman7/
Yeah, but all these in the know fans wanted someone other than Ken to buy these shares...this bloke seems exactly the sort we don't want involved...but rock on...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 am
Phil Parkinson has now said that he admits that he made a tactical mistake against Hull....wait for it, wait for it....

He says that he should have started Pratley instead of Buckley....!!
You wanted Buckley to start. He did. We lost 4-0.

Facts speak for themselves. Thankfully Parky has taken your advice seen where it got him. We can now all ignore every piece of footballing advice you offer.
You are correct squire I did want Buckley to start, my point was that he didn't blame himself or his formation or his tactics, he blamed it on playing our most attacking midfielder....so it was Buckley's fault that we lost 4-0, not Parkinson's 3-5-2 tactics that leave us wide open down the wings.

In regards to ignore 'every piece of advice' what and listen you yours instead....!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24585
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 am
Phil Parkinson has now said that he admits that he made a tactical mistake against Hull....wait for it, wait for it....

He says that he should have started Pratley instead of Buckley....!!
You wanted Buckley to start. He did. We lost 4-0.

Facts speak for themselves. Thankfully Parky has taken your advice seen where it got him. We can now all ignore every piece of footballing advice you offer.
You are correct squire I did want Buckley to start, my point was that he didn't blame himself or his formation or his tactics, he blamed it on playing our most attacking midfielder....so it was Buckley's fault that we lost 4-0, not Parkinson's 3-5-2 tactics that leave us wide open down the wings.

In regards to ignore 'every piece of advice' what and listen you yours instead....!!
If you listen to the full interview, what he said was that Buckley picked up an injury from over exertion, after playing Tuesday and Friday and putting in a lot of work.

However, one only needs to see Buckley to know that he isn't going to do the job needed away at Hull. We needed to make it a scrap as they are far better than we are. Opening up against these teams is suicide.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7743
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 pm

The BN headline makes it look like he's slagging Buckley off, which he wasn't. Was saying he should've realised he wouldn't have the legs for a game like that after his first start on Tuesday. He was just anonymous, but so were madine and Armstrong. Individually I thought the worst were Cullen and Burke, who were awful, but Parky doesn't slag players off and nor should he.
Hope we see more of Buckley at home. Why he seems to want another winger is beyond me.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7856
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: A visit from the Pride without Prejudice....

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:25 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 pm
The BN headline makes it look like he's slagging Buckley off, which he wasn't. Was saying he should've realised he wouldn't have the legs for a game like that after his first start on Tuesday. He was just anonymous, but so were madine and Armstrong. Individually I thought the worst were Cullen and Burke, who were awful, but Parky doesn't slag players off and nor should he.
Hope we see more of Buckley at home. Why he seems to want another winger is beyond me.
Even more bizarre when you consider he has narrowed our pitch. BWFCI has it bang on in that we need a big strong midfield general. Cullen is the type of player you don't want when the chips are down as he disappears. And we'll be up against it every game. Need some scrappers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests