Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7147
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Get in!!!!!

Ameobi...shades of okocha v West Ham there 😳

Jim_McDonuts
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Thought Clough miss was gonna do us in. Brilliant result

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34960
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:59 pm

For the sake of 18 inches, what a comeback for zac that would have been. Still, who cares...we pulled the teeth of a better side, defended well, got away with a bit (so did they, even more) kept them out, scored a blinder and won. New nickname for Sammi...."The Difference"... :oyea: :oyea:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

TonyDomingos
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Well that’s made my night!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18589
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Cross out "Gary Madine" on that new contract and put Sammi in. Clearly goals are going to be hard to come by but fecking get in. Lovely cross pub moment as one other person than us in the rammed Islington bar cheered when the goal went in. We get everywhere.

Zach looked sharp. Walker did well with a tough gig.

Not sure about Morais for Little mind :shock:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22722
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Amazing result. Just about deserved, simply because we dug in so well.

There is no way on earth we can get away with that team for the rest of the season. Would love to see a target man signed now. If we play 3 at the back Clough, Ameobi, Walker, Le Fondre all need someone to play off.

Also are there any midfield players out of contract? Cos our midfield is dreadful. And what happens if one of them, especially Henry gets injured. We are desperate for someone in there and not sure who we intend to use in there as cover.

Get a target man and I think we can cause problems. But without it's going to be a very hard slog because Sammi cannot do that every week. Though I'd like him up front with another as I think he looked like he enjoyed it. And he does make the ball stick.

Finally. Parky is the best thing we have at this club. Give that man a long term deal now. And give him some fedking money to spend.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7147
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:25 pm
Not sure about Morais for Little mind :shock:
I said the same but in fairness he did well - that chance for Clough was all because of him. In fact he sums it up really - not played much, gets his head down and gets on with it. Not his position, gets his head down and gets on with it. When you think of some of the shysters we’ve had at this club in recent times lads like that make you proud to be a bolton fan again.

We were not the better side. We worked harder. If we get out of this it won’t be through playing like Holland 74 it will be through sheer graft.

We could do with a centre mid to share the load - certainly missed Pratley tonight but it was absolutely the right call to play Derik. Even
Though he is a bit crap. He needs to patch it up with Jen. Maybe Little or Flanagan or Burke can do a game in there?

Some wins feel better than others - tonight’s one of them.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18589
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:52 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:25 pm
Not sure about Morais for Little mind :shock:
I said the same but in fairness he did well - that chance for Clough was all because of him. In fact he sums it up really - not played much, gets his head down and gets on with it. Not his position, gets his head down and gets on with it. When you think of some of the shysters we’ve had at this club in recent times lads like that make you proud to be a bolton fan again.

Abso-fecking-lutely.

Be such a shame if the penny-grabbing f*cks us coz if we stay up and can add a forward in the summer we'll be fine. Proper manage who gets what we can out of what he's got, and a good bunch who work hard and put themselves on the line. We're like a shitter Burnley.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Xanadu

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by jmjhb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:52 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:25 pm
Not sure about Morais for Little mind :shock:
I said the same but in fairness he did well - that chance for Clough was all because of him. In fact he sums it up really - not played much, gets his head down and gets on with it. Not his position, gets his head down and gets on with it. When you think of some of the shysters we’ve had at this club in recent times lads like that make you proud to be a bolton fan again.

Abso-fecking-lutely.

Be such a shame if the penny-grabbing f*cks us coz if we stay up and can add a forward in the summer we'll be fine. Proper manage who gets what we can out of what he's got, and a good bunch who work hard and put themselves on the line. We're like a shitter Burnley.
True. I think we're maybe another good transfer window away from competing (ie. Not struggling) at this level.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34647
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:57 pm
You know people who say we weren’t a one man team? Just seen this on twitter from sky....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVDgx4NWkAE ... name=large

Pipe down you tedious nice person. He's gone. get over it. Seemed to manage perfectly well without him tonight. :D

La la la la laaaa, Sammi Ame-obi.... :D
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Backs against the wall and a bunch of bloody heroes. It was like watching a Sam team away that. Broke up the play, never let them settle and then nicked it with a real bit of quality.

Superb save from Alnwick in the 2nd half. Back 3 were outstanding. Henry and Derik did a lot of leg work in the middle of the park. And what a finish.

Happy Wanderer again tonight
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22722
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:57 pm
You know people who say we weren’t a one man team? Just seen this on twitter from sky....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVDgx4NWkAE ... name=large

Pipe down you tedious tw*t. He's gone. get over it. Seemed to manage perfectly well without him tonight. :D

La la la la laaaa, Sammi Ame-obi.... :D
We were brilliant. But only a blind man would say we didn't miss him.

Ameobi stood up though. Best get him signed down.

Still we need a proper target man now, no question about it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22722
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:17 pm

@marciles Great line from Phil Parkinson after the game: "Sammy Ameobi was brilliant. I'm just glad that transfer window is closed because I'd have been up all night worrying."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34647
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:57 pm
You know people who say we weren’t a one man team? Just seen this on twitter from sky....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVDgx4NWkAE ... name=large

Pipe down you tedious tw*t. He's gone. get over it. Seemed to manage perfectly well without him tonight. :D

La la la la laaaa, Sammi Ame-obi.... :D
We were brilliant. But only a blind man would say we didn't miss him.

Ameobi stood up though. Best get him signed down.

Still we need a proper target man now, no question about it.
Ameobi has been missing for the past 4 or 5 games and then puts in a performance like that. Go figure. Well, if we don't get another target man (I hope we can get the Dutch boy) then we'll have to learn to play differently - to the strengths of what we have. One or t'other. My view's just less polarised than yours.

Agree though, as magnificent as tonight was, it's not a long term strategy.
I don't need fun to have alcohol

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34960
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm

We were brilliant. But only a blind man would say we didn't miss him. Ameobi stood up though. Best get him signed down.
Still we need a proper target man now, no question about it.
Can we forget about Madine now for a bit? I was a supporter of his centre forward style, but he's gone. I'm only glad we didn't lose or it would all have been down to his departure. Yes, we need a target man, as every body knows, but to win against those odds tonight without a defined one was just staggering. They were sharper than us in almost every department, yet we won. We were a team of heroes tonight, no lack of fight and effort anywhere, and that dummy of Vela's might well be the best scoring op Zac gets for a while. If only......I love it when we win fighting.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

bristol_Wanderer3
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:54 am

Get the feck in!!

Wonderful result. Very proud Wanderer here. Great commitment. Great atmosphere. This is why we do it!

Special mention for Parky getting such a committed performance out of his team after his "worst two days as a manager" and Sammi Ameobi for an awesome display. Who knew we had another target man hiding in plain sight. This version also has pace, skill and a hammer of a left foot. Shame he isn't under a long term contract.

I think we started 3-4-3 and ended up 3-5-2. Certainly the 3 at the back with this midfield looks very solid. I can see us doing better in away games with this shape.

This result means we will still be in the mix even if the 2 tough games coming up don't go our way. We can do this. COYW

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8329
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:37 am

Not a hope in hell we can win this one. We're a 1 man team. We're domed.

Oh :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34647
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:43 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:37 am
Not a hope in hell we can win this one. We're a 1 man team. We're domed.

Oh :roll:
Even a blind man with a half a brain cell could see that!

Oh.......... eh? :D
I don't need fun to have alcohol

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14778
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Providing sexy answers, or a little mesmerised by bigger Bristols? BWFC v Bristol City 2/2/2018 8pm.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:33 pm
Amazing result. Just about deserved, simply because we dug in so well.

There is no way on earth we can get away with that team for the rest of the season. Would love to see a target man signed now. If we play 3 at the back Clough, Ameobi, Walker, Le Fondre all need someone to play off.

Also are there any midfield players out of contract? Cos our midfield is dreadful. And what happens if one of them, especially Henry gets injured. We are desperate for someone in there and not sure who we intend to use in there as cover.

Get a target man and I think we can cause problems. But without it's going to be a very hard slog because Sammi cannot do that every week. Though I'd like him up front with another as I think he looked like he enjoyed it. And he does make the ball stick.

Finally. Parky is the best thing we have at this club. Give that man a long term deal now. And give him some fedking money to spend.
I can read you like a book. One of those books infants have to help learn the alphabet.
If we'd have lost it was because we didn't have Madine, if we win it's because Parkinson is so brilliant he outshine's Einstein.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests