The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
37%
Liberal Democrats
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
7%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
4%
Planet Hobo
4%

Total votes: 27

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 am

All I know is it used to cost me around 30 quid or so to walk up and now it costs 300 for the equivalent.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:13 pm
...and before you ramble on about "a unified national rail service" I'd just like to remind you in case you'd forgotten (actually that's code for you never knew in the first place), the insurmountable problems of third rail systems in the south being incompatible with overhead electrification systems in the north being incompatible with heritage systems in the midlands which can accommodate neither third rail or overhead electrification. And we haven't even started on the incompatibility with Scottish and Welsh routes. And that's all from an infrastructure perspective that takes no account of the problems with routes and timetables and ticketing.
Nationalisation isn't an answer, not if you want efficiency. All Nationalisation will do is bring us back to the inefficient behemoth that was BR - at taxpayer's expense.
Ha. The privatised rail network costs the taxpayer more than nationalised rail did. It costs the consumer more. The reliability of the services has decreased. Overcrowding is far higher than in virtually any major European country, many of which run public railway systems.

Its a complete joke to suggest its been anything other than a total and utter unmitigated disaster.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 pm

There's little doubt left in my mind that, after Macron, Trudeau has triumphed as the most ridiculous tw@t in politics this week. He makes Kim look sincere.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 pm
There's little doubt left in my mind that, after Macron, Trudeau has triumphed as the most ridiculous tw@t in politics this week. He makes Kim look sincere.
In a week where the leader of the free world thinks the solution to school shootings is to arm teachers? Not so sure....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
In a week where the leader of the free world thinks the solution to school shootings is to arm teachers? Not so sure....
We always knew Trump had that opinion. It comes as an unwelcome surprise that Trudeau is that big a tw@t, so I'll stick with my statement thank you very much...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Which particular twatism are you referring to? His Indian dress sense?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:05 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
That's a very small part of it. It's a desire, or preference for Khalistan. It's like, say, Merkel, came over to Canada wearing a Louis XVI bureau, eating croissants, and demanding that all the Eeeenglish be kicked out of Montreal.
It's beyond crass. It's fomentary (< I know!).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
That's a very small part of it. It's a desire, or preference for Khalistan. It's like, say, Merkel, came over to Canada wearing a Louis XVI bureau, eating croissants, and demanding that all the Eeeenglish be kicked out of Montreal.
But wait... de Gaulle did that in 1967 - (not sure what he was wearing though).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Are Canadians not more than a little embarrassed to see their PM dancing around like that?
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Are Canadians not more than a little embarrassed to see their PM dancing around like that?
Not sure. I didn't even know about it until Spotty's post, when I checked the internet. I haven't seen it yet. Most of us have been watching the Olympics, especially Virtue and Moir dancing around like that. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm

In his response to May's statement on 'the poisoning', Corbyn has demonstrated that he is the epitome of an old congealed smelly lump of spunk stuck under the foreskin of British politics. He's so contemptible he can't even make wanker status, just an old sad leftover. Even his right hand (leaning party colleagues) thinks he'd be best expelled, but cannot control a deft enough touch to dislodge him from the member(ship of the party).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

Not seen much of bwfci, guess he must be busy preparing his Moscow directives in defence of the labour comrades.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:37 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am
Not seen much of bwfci, guess he must be busy preparing his Moscow directives in defence of the labour comrades.
You'd see more of me if I could access the site from my ipad.

Having said that for most if not all, they'll be glad!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:37 am
Hoboh wrote:
You'd see more of me if I could access the site from my ipad.

Having said that for most if not all, they'll be glad!
Just testing pulse rates :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Hoboh wrote:
I thought you'd both signed up for the next Strictly Come Dancing... :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Bugger me a spokesman for Corbyn says he doesn't trust MI5's evidence implicating the Russians!
Ffs does that mean he'd trust the FSB if they had samples?
The bloke is a clear and present danger to this country and should be charged with treason, never allowed to stand for public office again, ever.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 pm

The Russians and the media keep referring to some international ruling that we should show them our evidence within 10 days but I've not seen the Govts response to these claims.

Russians have always been a dodgy bunch mind.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 pm
Bugger me a spokesman for Corbyn says he doesn't trust MI5's evidence implicating the Russians!
Ffs does that mean he'd trust the FSB if they had samples?
The bloke is a clear and present danger to this country and should be charged with treason, never allowed to stand for public office again, ever.
The evidence suggests the agent has to originate from Russia. But the evidence provided itself has shown two scenarios, either direct state involvement OR loss of the nerve agent to another group.

It isn't exactly conclusive in itself. I personally support May's actions though I do think there is definite need for some caution here. We're not going to be able to go too far and given we've conceded ourselves that we cannot conclusively prove Russian state involvement there is potential for going too far and stirring up a dangerous hornets nest.

Corbyn was trying to be a voice of reason - but he misjudged it, as usual.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 am

How many "misjudgements" is he allowed before you admit he is a total knob and not fit to be PM?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 am
How many "misjudgements" is he allowed before you admit he is a total knob and not fit to be PM?
The current PM is not fit to be PM. With a bucket load of errors and misjudgements and mistakes.

We're in a very less than ideal position, would Corbyn be my choice? No. Absolutely not. But I certainly do not want 5 more years of Tories snatching school meals from the mouths of kids. I'm at the point where anything has to be better than that. The big issues in our society aren't being tackled and I place greater importance on them than some media tittle tattle and nationalistic grandstanding.