The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
37%
Liberal Democrats
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
7%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
4%
Planet Hobo
4%

Total votes: 27

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 am

Beefheart wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am
Winning the World Cup would give May the perfect opportunity to just quietly cancel Brexit. Nobody would notice, or care.
She's already done that in effect!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am
Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

He then added his view, quote:

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
Ok, take the last line. What do you think that means? It isn't a personal take. Either you think that is appropriate or you think it isn't.

It isn't even an interpretation. That last line he's written directly says "its a photo up your skirt, its nothing". That is literally what he says. It literally states that is "no big deal" because the photo is "not identifiable".

That is what he's written. Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think telling victims of such practices to "get a life" is acceptable?

That is what he's written. There isn't an alternative interpretation for that sentence.
I bow to your superior opinion. I have nothing to prove here, and I didn't write the post. See is as you will.
Its not an opinion. I'm only quoting what he wrote. I'm asking you, whether you think that line in your opinion is appropriate or not? It only requires a yes or no answer - with some reasoning if you wish.
Wow!
Ok four things.
1. Tango and Monty, thank you for having an open mind and for reading a post without instantly categorising it but instead analysing it.
2. Dr Hotdog. Fxck you too. xxx.
3. As there is no football at the moment (and yes, I'm classifying the World Cup in that category), it's taken me a while to notice the above exchange.
and 4. [Deep breath] I used the language I did in the last section just to piss you Mr BWFC-i off, because you are a self-centred, opinionated, clique-minded wanker who dismisses every other opinion apart from your own as wrong-minded, moronic, evil nonsense.
Anybody with any analytical ability whatsoever (which excludes you [BWFC-i] and Dr Hotdog) would see that the critical critique behind the post was the reaction behind the result being PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S LIVES. Is it fxck, you moronic metoo tossers.
4a. Do I personally go out taking photographs up women's skirts - No.
Do I know anybody who does - No.
Would it upset me if a photograph of my wife's vulva was posted on Snapchat ( for instance) - Yes.
But, I ask: How do I know it's my wife's vulva? - Probably I won't.
Am I in favour of a law that prohibits up-skirting - Yes.
But, if it ain't passed, IS IT DESTROYING PEOPLE'S LIVES - NO IT FXXXING IS NOT.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

WALLACE: You say nothing happened to you, but I need to ask you, domestically - not internationally, domestically, inside Russia - why is it that so many of the people that oppose Vladimir Putin end up dead or close to it?

Former Russian spy and double-agent Sergei Skripal, the victim of a nerve agent attack in England. Boris Nemtsov, a political opponent, gunned down near the Kremlin. Investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in an apartment building. Why is it that so many people who were political enemies of Vladimir Putin are attacked?

PUTIN: Well, first of all, all of us have plenty of political rivals. I'm pretty sure President Trump has plenty of political rivals.

WALLACE: But they don't end up dead.

PUTIN: Well, not always - well, haven't Presidents been killed in the United States?
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: