The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
11
41%
Conservatives
10
37%
Liberal Democrats
2
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
0
No votes
Green Party
2
7%
Plaid Cymru
0
No votes
Other
1
4%
Planet Hobo
1
4%
 
Total votes: 27

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22899
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:19 am
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:00 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 pm
Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation.
This time upskirting fails to become law and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives".

!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
This post is completely and utterly repugnant.

Says an awful lot about the poster.
Not defending his post mate, but cancer springs to mind.

He who is without sin...... or are there no sinners in Marxist party now?
Saying Owen Coyle was a cancer on the club (which I hasten to add has been proven entirely accurate) is in no way comparable to suggesting that people sticking cameras up women's skirts is fine and women should "just stop moaning".

My post was inflammatory only because I bang on and on and on about things I feel strongly about and it irritates people. And I used strong language because I was irked and could see where things were heading. I probably on reflection had I been calmer wouldn't have used that term. However, it is entirely different in intent and indeed content.
I don't get irritated, I shake my head a bit like, but it is good to know how the enemy is thinking :D .
I don't get irritated by you or things on here. Its not real. I did get irritated by Owen Coyle's disastrous spell at our football club though. Mainly because I knew how far he'd sink us!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12843
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Getting weird on here. Such Partisan thinking that you refuse to condemn somebody who doesn't want 'up-skirting'
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35125
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Might regret even commenting on this topic, but I don't think Spot's post was even about skirts and the sad whackos who do such things as stick cameras up them. (These people most be in a very tiny minority, I might have come across one-such in my longish lifetime, how many do any of you know? ). I rather see his complaint as how very easy it is to get a law passed as if there were a plague of such cases instead of "one" and a topic like this can take prioprity over a thosand laws that need ammending.

Because one M.P defended that principal to install laws in the correct manner, he, like Spots, is made an outcast and some sort of pervert? Really? Did anybody actually read the post for what it was? See I class Spots as a bit more interlligent than most seem to. I'm not defending the M.P's subject, just his appeal for common sense. In such, I have as much right to disagree on the basics of some views here. As ever, with politics it's been handled with all the finesse of a Tyson Fury roundhouse swing. Thank you for reading....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22899
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Might regret even commenting on this topic, but I don't think Spot's post was even about skirts and the sad whackos who do such things as stick cameras up them. (These people most be in a very tiny minority, I might have come across one-such in my longish lifetime, how many do any of you know? ). I rather see his complaint as how very easy it is to get a law passed as if there were a plague of such cases instead of "one" and a topic like this can take prioprity over a thosand laws that need ammending.

Because one M.P defended that principal to install laws in the correct manner, he, like Spots, is made an outcast and some sort of pervert? Really? Did anybody actually read the post for what it was? See I class Spots as a bit more interlligent than most seem to. I'm not defending the M.P's subject, just his appeal for common sense. In such, I have as much right to disagree on the basics of some views here. As ever, with politics it's been handled with all the finesse of a Tyson Fury roundhouse swing. Thank you for reading....
I quote from the post in question....
!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
How is that anything other than trying to suggest that such violations are "ok" or at best "no big deal"?

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12506
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Might regret even commenting on this topic, but I don't think Spot's post was even about skirts and the sad whackos who do such things as stick cameras up them. (These people most be in a very tiny minority, I might have come across one-such in my longish lifetime, how many do any of you know? ). I rather see his complaint as how very easy it is to get a law passed as if there were a plague of such cases instead of "one" and a topic like this can take prioprity over a thosand laws that need ammending.

Because one M.P defended that principal to install laws in the correct manner, he, like Spots, is made an outcast and some sort of pervert? Really? Did anybody actually read the post for what it was? See I class Spots as a bit more interlligent than most seem to. I'm not defending the M.P's subject, just his appeal for common sense. In such, I have as much right to disagree on the basics of some views here. As ever, with politics it's been handled with all the finesse of a Tyson Fury roundhouse swing. Thank you for reading....
I quote from the post in question....
!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
How is that anything other than trying to suggest that such violations are "ok" or at best "no big deal"?
But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: no

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 pm
Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation.
This time upskirting fails to become law and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives".

!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
Drop dead. x

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35125
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Monty said, quote; "But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation."

Exactly Monty. We all have wives, daughters, female grandkids etc, and nobody in their right minds would condone cranks anywhere near them. I gave Spots the benefit of seeing where he was coming from without the frills.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22899
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Might regret even commenting on this topic, but I don't think Spot's post was even about skirts and the sad whackos who do such things as stick cameras up them. (These people most be in a very tiny minority, I might have come across one-such in my longish lifetime, how many do any of you know? ). I rather see his complaint as how very easy it is to get a law passed as if there were a plague of such cases instead of "one" and a topic like this can take prioprity over a thosand laws that need ammending.

Because one M.P defended that principal to install laws in the correct manner, he, like Spots, is made an outcast and some sort of pervert? Really? Did anybody actually read the post for what it was? See I class Spots as a bit more interlligent than most seem to. I'm not defending the M.P's subject, just his appeal for common sense. In such, I have as much right to disagree on the basics of some views here. As ever, with politics it's been handled with all the finesse of a Tyson Fury roundhouse swing. Thank you for reading....
I quote from the post in question....
!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
How is that anything other than trying to suggest that such violations are "ok" or at best "no big deal"?
But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation.
Yes, but I think the part people clearly have objection to is that bit I quoted. And I'd hardly call it out of context. In a three line post that bit was alone. Also whatever the main thrust the post was aiming for, it doesn't excuse that sort of opinion and treatment of women. So I'm sorry, people can say and think what they like. However, equally I can point out where I think the post was repugnant. It seems like I'm hardly alone there.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22899
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm
Monty said, quote; "But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation."

Exactly Monty. We all have wives, daughters, female grandkids etc, and nobody in their right minds would condone cranks anywhere near them. I gave Spots the benefit of seeing where he was coming from without the frills.
Sorry but no. If I post a reply to you about women and legislation and end it with "I hope you die a slow and painful death tonight" the thrust or intention of my post doesn't excuse the last line.

You cannot excuse the line I quoted, because you're guessing the "intention was X". If he merely wanted to comment on hysteria around legislative process then he needn't have added that line that trivialises upskirting, something the vast majority of people in this country find to be repugnant.

Either it reflects his true attitude to women, or it was added as a hysterical rider to the post to incite others. Either way, it's not a good look at all.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12049
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 am

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm
Getting weird on here. Such Partisan thinking that you refuse to condemn somebody who doesn't want 'up-skirting'
What's weird about shooting them?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12049
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:19 am

UN human rights council now UN next, about time we stopped some of these little compo seeking, people exporting, third world countries calling the shots.
#Trump. :D

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35125
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am

Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

He then added his view, quote:

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22899
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am
Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

He then added his view, quote:

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
Ok, take the last line. What do you think that means? It isn't a personal take. Either you think that is appropriate or you think it isn't.

It isn't even an interpretation. That last line he's written directly says "its a photo up your skirt, its nothing". That is literally what he says. It literally states that is "no big deal" because the photo is "not identifiable".

That is what he's written. Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think telling victims of such practices to "get a life" is acceptable?

That is what he's written. There isn't an alternative interpretation for that sentence.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35125
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am
Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

He then added his view, quote:

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
Ok, take the last line. What do you think that means? It isn't a personal take. Either you think that is appropriate or you think it isn't.

It isn't even an interpretation. That last line he's written directly says "its a photo up your skirt, its nothing". That is literally what he says. It literally states that is "no big deal" because the photo is "not identifiable".

That is what he's written. Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think telling victims of such practices to "get a life" is acceptable?

That is what he's written. There isn't an alternative interpretation for that sentence.
I bow to your superior opinion. I have nothing to prove here, and I didn't write the post. See is as you will.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22899
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am
Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

He then added his view, quote:

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
Ok, take the last line. What do you think that means? It isn't a personal take. Either you think that is appropriate or you think it isn't.

It isn't even an interpretation. That last line he's written directly says "its a photo up your skirt, its nothing". That is literally what he says. It literally states that is "no big deal" because the photo is "not identifiable".

That is what he's written. Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think telling victims of such practices to "get a life" is acceptable?

That is what he's written. There isn't an alternative interpretation for that sentence.
I bow to your superior opinion. I have nothing to prove here, and I didn't write the post. See is as you will.
Its not an opinion. I'm only quoting what he wrote. I'm asking you, whether you think that line in your opinion is appropriate or not? It only requires a yes or no answer - with some reasoning if you wish.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12049
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Jeremy Hunt!!!!

May really has lost the fcuking plot.

Disliked by a fair few Tories because of bad press, dispised by many in the middle and all on the left, her advisers really are incompetent or closet Marxists.
Lurch to left, joker to the right here you are stuck in the middle with me. :hang:

Merkel Muppet. (Puppet was too kind).

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Hunt has been very loyal to May. It is not what you know but who you know.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8341
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 am

I thought Hunt insisted he needed to stay as Health Sec with an increased brief to see through fecking up these difficult times in the NHS? Full o'shite the lot of them :roll:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18694
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:55 am

He's a tosser but she's not exactly blessed with options now tweedles dee and dum have finished playing.

What a pair of dickheads they are.

And, and, it's all our fault too!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am

Winning the World Cup would give May the perfect opportunity to just quietly cancel Brexit. Nobody would notice, or care.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests