Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
twilight
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by twilight » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
twilight wrote:What did I say wrong GtE?

Nothing. Just the way your quote mixed with Worthy's.

:D
Ha Ha yeah I noticed that after. Sorry about that :oops:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8149
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 pm

twilight wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
twilight wrote:What did I say wrong GtE?

Nothing. Just the way your quote mixed with Worthy's.

:D
Ha Ha yeah I noticed that after. Sorry about that :oops:

:mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34542
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 am

Was at Th'Octagon last night for 'Ashes' by David Rudkin.

Now, I'm glad that WtW was on hand to offer some context. The play was written shortly after, and I didn't know this, the censuring of plays before they could go ahead had been lifted.

As such, yer man Rudkin seems to take on every conceivable possibly previously taboo subject from the period. Sex, reproduction, infertility, unwanted pregnancy, abortion and even late in the play shoe-horns in the 'Irish question'.

A good play and well acted by Octagon regulars, but does it work in 2017? I'm not sure.

What must have passed for shock content in 1972 simply doesn't now.
I don't need fun to have alcohol

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

whistle stop stay in Milan next week. any top tip must do's of an evening??

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12782
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm
whistle stop stay in Milan next week. any top tip must do's of an evening??
If you hear a moped, turn to face it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34542
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Not tonight. Not tonight by any stretch of the imagination, oh no, but on Saturday 23rd September, that's when. Because Dr Hotdog and his retinue of condiments have snaffled up all the tickets for Paul Draper's Manchester gig, Bollocks here is having to traipse down to Birmingham. I can't believe that he's playing The Gorilla. I mean, it's a cracking wee venue but ultimately it's the size of my front lawn!
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: no

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Off to see two of my favourite current acts tonight at Manchester's Institute for the Deaf:

Majeure:


&

Grails:


Pretty much my dream concert :mrgreen:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: no

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:21 pm
Not tonight. Not tonight by any stretch of the imagination, oh no, but on Saturday 23rd September, that's when. Because Dr Hotdog and his retinue of condiments have snaffled up all the tickets for Paul Draper's Manchester gig, Bollocks here is having to traipse down to Birmingham. I can't believe that he's playing The Gorilla. I mean, it's a cracking wee venue but ultimately it's the size of my front lawn!
Aye sorry about that! :oops:

Still keeping my eye out for any spares though!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34542
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:21 pm
Not tonight. Not tonight by any stretch of the imagination, oh no, but on Saturday 23rd September, that's when. Because Dr Hotdog and his retinue of condiments have snaffled up all the tickets for Paul Draper's Manchester gig, Bollocks here is having to traipse down to Birmingham. I can't believe that he's playing The Gorilla. I mean, it's a cracking wee venue but ultimately it's the size of my front lawn!
Aye sorry about that! :oops:

Still keeping my eye out for any spares though!
No worries, Man :D

Looks like I might have scored a spare anyway :oyea:
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: no

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Top Banana!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18421
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Garage tonight for Dave Hause. Cannae wait.
Basically, if you can't make your meaning plain with all the richness of the English language and you have to resort to cartoon faces made with punctuation marks then you're a dick.

twilight
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by twilight » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am

Went watching Bat out of Hell last night in Manchester. I can only say Wow, it was fantastic!!! In fact it was so good, i've gone & rummaged through my old CD's and found my Bat out of Hell and now playing it constantly in my car. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34542
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Stiff Little Fingers at The Ritz :pissed: :pray: :oyea:
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8149
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 am

Blackberry Smoke at the Roundhouse in Camden Town. Free tickets too.

Excellent.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: no

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Tonight, I am going to watch Earthlings? at the soup kitchen in Manchester. Should be a grand old do.

Here's a taster.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34542
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am

Today I'm going to fulfill a longstanding obligation to drive over to Liverpool to look at Emin's 4ucking rubbish. This is me attempting to keep an open mind, this is. :D
I don't need fun to have alcohol

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8149
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm

42nd Street at the Drury Lane Theatre.

😶

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22151
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm
42nd Street at the Drury Lane Theatre.

😶
That must involve shit loads of brownie points...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8149
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm
42nd Street at the Drury Lane Theatre.

😶
That must involve shit loads of brownie points...
I'm biding my time........

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8277
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Escaping the desert...

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm
42nd Street at the Drury Lane Theatre.

😶
That must involve shit loads of brownie points...
I'm biding my time........
Don't wait too long, it's the one thing they do forget!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest