This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:06 pm
Rat had turned up to watch them. I'd met Rat a few times and we got to talking at the bar and Fast Eddie joined us... and we got pissed.
The Damned were my second ever gig in Nov 81 when they toured The Black Album. Scabies went into this 10 minute drum solo. As a 15 year old who'd never seen this sort of thing before I was highly impressed. It remains the only time I ever felt impressed by some 4ucker making a narcissistic racket for 10 minutes. :)
The first time I heard a drum solo live was yonks back. I can't even remember the year. It was in London (and my aunt took me, I was too young to go on my own). The act were advertised as the New Yardbirds, but played as Led Zeppelin. I was expecting Ginger Baker and got whatsisface Bonham. About half way through the set Page et al mooched off and left Bonham to it. I can't remember the song, it was one of Cream's, but it didn't really matter coz it could have been anything, and was the most boring thing that had been forced on me in my ~13 year old life. It went on and on, I think the fxcker did about 20 minutes, and it put me off drum solos for life.
[Here's another anecdote: Many years later, in Erics, Budgie started to do what sounded to me to be the beginning of a drum solo, which I cut short by a well aimed ashtray from the 'audience']
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12045
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:26 am

Jimmy Armfield one of the legends and a decent bloke, cancer 82 RIP

An ex Bolton manager and an all-round decent bloke. R.I.P.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35105
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm

An ex Bolton manager and an all-round, well-liked decent bloke. R.I.P Jimmy.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18680
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Mark E Smith.

Never got it myself but people who love him, *love* him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm

God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35105
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death, is the thought of it all having been for nothing whilst we we're here. (That's original by the way) :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34704
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death, is the thought of it all having been for nothing whilst we we're here. (That's original by the way) :wink:
Yes, we can tell. :D
I don't need fun to have alcohol

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death, is the thought of it all having been for nothing whilst we we're here. (That's original by the way) :wink:
Yes, we can tell. :D
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death is whether it is more satisfying to contemplate the sudden non realisation of those who believe in life after death than it is unsatisfying not to know you where right for those who don't believe.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35105
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death, is the thought of it all having been for nothing whilst we we're here. (That's original by the way) :wink:
Yes, we can tell. :D
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death is whether it is more satisfying to contemplate the sudden non realisation of those who believe in life after death than it is unsatisfying not to know you where right for those who don't believe.
And that, good buddy, is something only you and God will ever know.. :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death, is the thought of it all having been for nothing whilst we we're here. (That's original by the way) :wink:
Yes, we can tell. :D
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death is whether it is more satisfying to contemplate the sudden non realisation of those who believe in life after death than it is unsatisfying not to know you where right for those who don't believe.
And that, good buddy, is something only you and God will ever know.. :wink:
:whack:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

twilight
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by twilight » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Emma Chambers, at 53 yrs old
She was brilliant in Vicar of Dibley
RIP :(

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:26 pm

twilight wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 pm
Emma Chambers, at 53 yrs old
She was brilliant in Vicar of Dibley
RIP :(
I had no idea that was her name. She only ever existed to me as Alice Tinker. A very young age to die.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Shit. Just discovered that Dodd's dead. All the stuff I grew up with is fading away fast.
1989 charged with income tax evasion:
Judge asks "what does £336,000 in a suitcase (stashed in your attic) feel like?"
Dodd replied, "the notes are very light, m'lord".
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35105
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Saw Ken Dood live at a theatre in Oldham many years ago (then in-laws organised a coach trip). He was absolutely brilliant as an artist and had to be almost dragged off the stage he did so many encores. Superb live entertainer and another of my past gone. R.I.P.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12506
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Stephen Hawking. Brilliant man. RIP.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3242
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by malcd1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm

And now Jim Bowen as well. 'Apparently' he was a comedian but I only really remember seeing him on Bullseye.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:54 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm
And now Jim Bowen as well. 'Apparently' he was a comedian but I only really remember seeing him on Bullseye.
He knew more about physics than Stephen Hawking.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Stephen Hawking. Brilliant man. RIP.
Sorry, not a fan.
Admirable that he lived a full life with the cards dealt him.
But on the theoretical physics front not so impressed. To start with he was a fan of the worst theory ever promulgated (i.e. String theory and its hidden rolled up dimensions. Bollox.), and secondly his one big idea hasn't been proven yet, and even if it does it'll turn out to be not that big a deal.
In reality he was just the medya's choice for the next 'einstein' (with his mad scientist looks) once Einstein was too dead to continue the function. [God 'elp us if Brian Cox is nominated as the next Hawking!].
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18680
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Stephen Hawking. Brilliant man. RIP.
Sorry, not a fan.
Admirable that he lived a full life with the cards dealt him.
But on the theoretical physics front not so impressed. To start with he was a fan of the worst theory ever promulgated (i.e. String theory and its hidden rolled up dimensions. Bollox.), and secondly his one big idea hasn't been proven yet, and even if it does it'll turn out to be not that big a deal.
In reality he was just the medya's choice for the next 'einstein' (with his mad scientist looks) once Einstein was too dead to continue the function. [God 'elp us if Brian Cox is nominated as the next Hawking!].

You know when I've called you a know-it-all in the past... :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14797
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Stephen Hawking. Brilliant man. RIP.
Sorry, not a fan.
Admirable that he lived a full life with the cards dealt him.
But on the theoretical physics front not so impressed. To start with he was a fan of the worst theory ever promulgated (i.e. String theory and its hidden rolled up dimensions. Bollox.), and secondly his one big idea hasn't been proven yet, and even if it does it'll turn out to be not that big a deal.
In reality he was just the medya's choice for the next 'einstein' (with his mad scientist looks) once Einstein was too dead to continue the function. [God 'elp us if Brian Cox is nominated as the next Hawking!].

You know when I've called you a know-it-all in the past... :D
:wink:

(believe me, if we lived in 15-dimension land we'd know. All that mathematical bollox about one, and two-dimensional land is purely that: bollox. The most famous thing about dimensions and concepts - moebius strips - are when you think about it, just bollox. At a fundamental level there is no difference between an edge and a surface, they are just theoretical concepts that don't exist in reality. Well before you get to an atomic level, in the real universe there is no differentiation you can apply to say when a surface changes to an edge. We live, experience and understand three dimensional space because that is all that's there...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests