This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:06 pm
Rat had turned up to watch them. I'd met Rat a few times and we got to talking at the bar and Fast Eddie joined us... and we got pissed.
The Damned were my second ever gig in Nov 81 when they toured The Black Album. Scabies went into this 10 minute drum solo. As a 15 year old who'd never seen this sort of thing before I was highly impressed. It remains the only time I ever felt impressed by some 4ucker making a narcissistic racket for 10 minutes. :)
The first time I heard a drum solo live was yonks back. I can't even remember the year. It was in London (and my aunt took me, I was too young to go on my own). The act were advertised as the New Yardbirds, but played as Led Zeppelin. I was expecting Ginger Baker and got whatsisface Bonham. About half way through the set Page et al mooched off and left Bonham to it. I can't remember the song, it was one of Cream's, but it didn't really matter coz it could have been anything, and was the most boring thing that had been forced on me in my ~13 year old life. It went on and on, I think the fxcker did about 20 minutes, and it put me off drum solos for life.
[Here's another anecdote: Many years later, in Erics, Budgie started to do what sounded to me to be the beginning of a drum solo, which I cut short by a well aimed ashtray from the 'audience']
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:26 am

Jimmy Armfield one of the legends and a decent bloke, cancer 82 RIP

An ex Bolton manager and an all-round decent bloke. R.I.P.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm

An ex Bolton manager and an all-round, well-liked decent bloke. R.I.P Jimmy.
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Mark E Smith.

Never got it myself but people who love him, *love* him.
Basically, if you can't make your meaning plain with all the richness of the English language and you have to resort to cartoon faces made with punctuation marks then you're a dick.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm

God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
God Fearin' Bible Thumpin' Billy Graham. How unfortunate that he won't have found out how misinformed he was...
The most controversial thing about claiming non-existence of life after death, is the thought of it all having been for nothing whilst we we're here. (That's original by the way) :wink:
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.