Aphorism Of The Day

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:35 pm

To get back on thread... Here is an aphorism:

If you want a bike, don't ask God for one. Steal one, then ask God for forgiveness.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 11948
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Does this fit in?
If one's will does not prevail, one must submit to an alternative.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Hoboh wrote:Does this fit in?
If one's will does not prevail, one must submit to an alternative.
Yes.
It's short.
It's sharp.
It's pithy.
It's made me think...

Go on, who first said it; and why?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: Fxck! I thought you were talking to me.
:crazy: nobody with free-will would choose to do that!!!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 11948
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Does this fit in?
If one's will does not prevail, one must submit to an alternative.
Yes.
It's short.
It's sharp.
It's pithy.
It's made me think...

Go on, who first said it; and why?
On reflection you don't want to know :oops:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12449
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Does this fit in?
If one's will does not prevail, one must submit to an alternative.
Yes.
It's short.
It's sharp.
It's pithy.
It's made me think...

Go on, who first said it; and why?
I have a feeling (though I'm a bit unsure) that it may have something to do with mountains and Mohammed. At least the sense is certainly the same.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:14 pm

thebish wrote: :crazy: nobody with free-will would choose to do that!!!
Is today's Aphorism of the Day.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 11948
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Does this fit in?
If one's will does not prevail, one must submit to an alternative.
Yes.
It's short.
It's sharp.
It's pithy.
It's made me think...

Go on, who first said it; and why?
I have a feeling (though I'm a bit unsure) that it may have something to do with mountains and Mohammed. At least the sense is certainly the same.
I forgot we had a bloody book man on here! :mrgreen:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 34424
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
On what authority do you presume to claim that preposterous statement? Firstly, my views are not based on a total disbelief in god - I don't make the mistake of arguing a priori one way or the other. My views are based on evidence and reason and result in a total (to all intents and purposes) disbelief in god.
If evidence and reason were needed for belief in God they'd open the Vatican as a theme park and make the Popemobile a kiddies ride. :wink:
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 11948
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
On what authority do you presume to claim that preposterous statement? Firstly, my views are not based on a total disbelief in god - I don't make the mistake of arguing a priori one way or the other. My views are based on evidence and reason and result in a total (to all intents and purposes) disbelief in god.
If evidence and reason were needed for belief in God they'd open the Vatican as a theme park and make the Popemobile a kiddies ride. :wink:
Thought it already was :conf:

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 am

The greatest discoveries were made in prehistory: fire, the wheel, and beer.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:04 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:The greatest discoveries were made in prehistory: fire, the wheel, and beards.
fixed...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:08 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:The greatest discoveries were made in prehistory: fire, the wheel, and beards.
fixed...
:|
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:17 am

I run the UK branch of IAFS - the International Aphorism Fixing Society... always glad to help!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:17 am

In a quantum universe, probabilities can be very close to certainties, but they never actually reach the status of certainty.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:14 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:In a quantum universe, probabilities can be very close to certainties, but they never actually reach the status of certainty.
that "never" sounds awfully certain! :wink:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 am

I have one.

When LLs posts, thebish will follow. Baa baa.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:In a quantum universe, probabilities can be very close to certainties, but they never actually reach the status of certainty.
that "never" sounds awfully certain! :wink:
I know, that's the point! 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 am

jaffka wrote:I have one.

When thebish posts, little Jaffy will follow with nowt to say. Baa baa.
fixed for you. you're welcome!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Aphorism Of The Day

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:32 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:In a quantum universe, probabilities can be very close to certainties, but they never actually reach the status of certainty.
that "never" sounds awfully certain! :wink:
I know, that's the point! 8)
I quite like that one (probably)... keep it up! 8)
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest