What is the name for a Bolton Wanderer fan?

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HannahHallieJ
Hopeful
Hopeful

What is the name for a Bolton Wanderer fan?

Post by HannahHallieJ » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:01 pm

Hello! I am looking for the name for a true Wanderer fan (ex: Newcastle=Geordies)...it is for a promotion starting this upcoming season. A reply would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What is the name for a Bolton Wanderer fan?

Post by Puskas » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:02 pm

HannahHallieJ wrote:Hello! I am looking for the name for a true Wanderer fan (ex: Newcastle=Geordies)...it is for a promotion starting this upcoming season. A reply would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers
A masochist?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 pm

HannahHallieJ wrote:Hello! I am looking for the name for a true Wanderer fan (ex: Newcastle=Geordies)...it is for a promotion starting this upcoming season. A reply would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers
Well, Geordies are not necessarily fans of Newcastle - they just come from the area. Their fans are known as the Toon Army. However, for us I guess Trotter would do as well as anything else.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 pm

mug
bored
fickle

come on love, it's hardly a tough one ... TROTTER

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:05 pm

communistworkethic wrote:mug
bored
fickle

come on love, it's hardly a tough one ... TROTTER
Mich Caine?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:05 pm

It's been a "Trotter" for a long time and that's unique, ie there are no others of the same handle.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

HannahHallieJ
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HannahHallieJ » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Thank you everyone!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:20 pm

If anyones asks me, I refer to myself as a White or Super white

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:22 pm

boltonboris wrote:If anyones asks me, I refer to myself as a White or Super white
but you are in the BNP

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:27 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
boltonboris wrote:If anyones asks me, I refer to myself as a White or Super white
but you are in the BNP
Boris National Party?

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:12 pm

I tend to keep my own counsel when they ask who I follow

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Well, Geordies are not necessarily fans of Newcastle - they just come from the area. Their fans are known as the Toon Army. However, for us I guess Trotter would do as well as anything else.
I read somewhere that Trotters is the nickname for the people of Bolton, so the same rule applies.

Apparently it means someone who is a practical joker, and the townsfolk were apparently well known for being so.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:30 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I read somewhere that Trotters is the nickname for the people of Bolton, so the same rule applies.

Apparently it means someone who is a practical joker, and the townsfolk were apparently well known for being so.
You can't walk through the town centre these days without people lobbing custard pies at you or squirting you with water from a fake flower on their coat.....
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:03 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Probably right here on TW. It is certainly one theory - jokes played on strangers during drinking games as I recall. While I accept your premise, all it means is that not all Trotters are fans of BWFC and, conversely, that not all BWFC fans are Trotters. So we should come up with a 'Toon Army' equivalent - Little Sammy's White Army may not strike the right note of fear in opponents however. :wink:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Probably right here on TW. It is certainly one theory - jokes played on strangers during drinking games as I recall. While I accept your premise, all it means is that not all Trotters are fans of BWFC and, conversely, that not all BWFC fans are Trotters. So we should come up with a 'Toon Army' equivalent - Little Sammy's White Army may not strike the right note of fear in opponents however. :wink:
Very true. I'll give it some thought.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:35 pm

Been a Trotter for nearly 60 years, ain't changing now. Just like I've been a Lancastrian all my life, not a Gtreater Manc. I'll stick with both thank you. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Been a Trotter for nearly 60 years, ain't changing now.
60 years eh?
And what, at least half of that has been a miserable, bitter, painful experience. Why do we do it to ourselves?
Businesswoman of the year.

dodgykipper
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dodgykipper » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:46 pm

Wanderer? I know there are a couple of others but Wolverhampton fans prefer Wolves. Not sure what Wycombe fans call themselves.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:07 am

Wun - der - ers

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:50 pm

Trotter is the obvious answer- well it is for me anyway because that's my member name, just like if you supported Bury you would be a Shaker and rightly so :D