Bolton Follower in Perth, Western Australia

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

AussieBoltonFollower
Hopeful
Hopeful

Bolton Follower in Perth, Western Australia

Post by AussieBoltonFollower » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Hey guys, thanks for giving me the opportunity to support Bolton from Australia - I've purchased a Wanderers kit from eBay and I've been wearing it around - the quality is fantastic.

The only sign of another Bolton fan here I found was a small black car plastered in a Wanderers logo on the back window in Hillarys, Perth.

I'm 25, male and can't wait to see Elmander produce some fine goals later on this season :)

Cheers

Rich

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Welcome Rich - I think Faninoz is from the Perth area, though he is a tad older than you. So why a Bolton supporter?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Rich (although you'll get called ABF from your screen name.) Welcome to the site. We have quite a few resident supporters based outside UK on this site , so you're not alone. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:14 pm

G'day mate!

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:32 pm

I think there may be a couple of Australia-based Trotters on here, and as mentioned, quite a few overseas fans, so you'll be fine here (especially when you discover the threads showing livestreams to the matches).

Anyway, get stuck in on the boards and do tell us what drew you to Bolton!
Viva La Portable Radio!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Rich, welcome to the site :D

You'll find prenty to do on here. Have a go in the prediction forum, give your opinions on everything not football related on General Banter, laugh at all the other clubs in Other football, gander at the front page, write an article/match report, or just debate yourself daft in The Trotters forum.

You'll never want to leave :D

In fact, I can't, they have me locked in here. I can't leave until I've reached 1000,000 posts :(
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Hi Rich, welcome to the site :D

You'll find prenty to do on here. Have a go in the prediction forum, give your opinions on everything not football related on General Banter, laugh at all the other clubs in Other football, gander at the front page, write an article/match report, or just debate yourself daft in The Trotters forum.

You'll never want to leave :D

In fact, I can't, they have me locked in here. I can't leave until I've reached 1000,000 posts :(
Just think SOTWA, if you were Batman, you'd be nearly there! :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard, cobber!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 pm

G'day, AFB, although I'm on the other side of the island.

There is a number of BWFC idiots on your side though - mainly Glory supporters (what a silly name!).

Whatever, tuck your stool (don't polish it) up to the bar and have a chat.

Cheers - your shout by the way. ;)

AussieBoltonFollower
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AussieBoltonFollower » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:55 am

I actually was playing FIFA 2007 and they were the first Premier League team I managed in the "Manager Mode" game and after a few games I really wanted to find out who these guys were in real life, like Nolan, Anelka (in the team then) and a few others so I started watching them on the internet. I soon realised that Premier League Football is actually very exciting so I kept following the guys to see if they are as good in real life as in the game.

It took off from there now I'm subscribed to Foxtel to watch the Premier League games and I regularly keep in touch with what the team is up to and how things are going in real life.

A bit of a weird introduction but at least I'm honest :)

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Listen buddy, it makes a refreshing change from 'I'm from Bolton' or 'Me dad supports 'em'. It doesn't matter how you get to The Whites, as long as you do! I bet there's a few who think you're a bit weird for supporting Wanderers when you had the pick of the Prem! Suffice to say, you've chosen well... but be prepared for crushing lows and unbelievable highs!
Viva La Portable Radio!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Welcome to the site. Not a bad group of people here. Get stuck in.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Aye, welcome from me as well. :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Hello Oz! Welcome to the site.
Businesswoman of the year.