J.Alfred Prufrock

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

J.Alfred Prufrock

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi my name is J.Alfred Prufrock and I am a Boltonoholic, here is my love song

"Bolton Bolton I love you
Bolton Bolton I love you
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Bolton Bolton I love you

THE END"

Joe Strummer (the name of my own Lord) grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I am a nineteen year old student, a member of the text generation in which it is cool to be stupid, and missing my Bolton down here in the smog.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 06, 2008 9:55 pm

It's never cool to be stupid, more stupid to be cool. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 am

Welcome.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed May 07, 2008 11:21 am

Greetings and enjoy!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 07, 2008 11:26 am

Howdy chum.
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed May 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Bienvenue, Prufrock, and enjoy the board. Your heart is in the right place even if your poetic skills fall short of T.S. Eliot. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Matty-Sharples
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Matty-Sharples » Wed May 07, 2008 8:58 pm

Welcome to our abis.
Who goes? You decide!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Hey up. I look forward to being a Pruf-reader.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed May 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Hey up. I look forward to being a Pruf-reader.
Coat?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: J.Alfred Prufrock

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:Joe Strummer (the name of my own Lord) grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
You'll do for me, our kid. A very, very warm welcome. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 pm

ta very much for the warm welcomes, exams will be over soon, adn par-time procrastination will become full time nothing else to do but write drivel on these boards!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Just in time for summer!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: J.Alfred Prufrock

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Joe Strummer (the name of my own Lord) grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
You'll do for me, our kid. A very, very warm welcome. :wink:
True legend. The future is unwritten.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu May 08, 2008 12:59 am

Hello indeed. Nice to see a JAP on the boards. They've been a bit sparse since whatshisname nipped off.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 08, 2008 1:40 am

I have just been struck by a strange thought. Has anybody else heard of Alfred J. Quack? it was a kid's cartoon about a duck living in a clog i used to watch when i was little. i am now wondering whether this two is a Prufrock inspired name, any thoughts? all i could find out (SERIOUSLY bored and procrastinating student here) is that the J, which stands for Jonathan in the English version originally stood for some Latin word (love how dissmissive of that i am, not as if it's my degree or anything). perhaps this was because for european audiences the idea of a single letter middle name would seem strange to children, but in for TS Elliot, him being american, the 'J' would be fine.

i seriously can't beleive i am even writing this, the world, or simply i, have/has gone mental!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:I have just been struck by a strange thought. Has anybody else heard of Alfred J. Quack? it was a kid's cartoon about a duck living in a clog i used to watch when i was little. i am now wondering whether this two is a Prufrock inspired name, any thoughts? all i could find out (SERIOUSLY bored and procrastinating student here) is that the J, which stands for Jonathan in the English version originally stood for some Latin word (love how dissmissive of that i am, not as if it's my degree or anything). perhaps this was because for european audiences the idea of a single letter middle name would seem strange to children, but in for TS Elliot, him being american, the 'J' would be fine.

i seriously can't beleive i am even writing this, the world, or simply i, have/has gone mental!
I believe his surname was Kwak and he was originally Dutch. I was relieved to note in wikipedia that he lived in a CLOG not a DOG as I first understood your post to say (time for new specs i think).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I have just been struck by a strange thought. Has anybody else heard of Alfred J. Quack? it was a kid's cartoon about a duck living in a clog i used to watch when i was little. i am now wondering whether this two is a Prufrock inspired name, any thoughts? all i could find out (SERIOUSLY bored and procrastinating student here) is that the J, which stands for Jonathan in the English version originally stood for some Latin word (love how dissmissive of that i am, not as if it's my degree or anything). perhaps this was because for european audiences the idea of a single letter middle name would seem strange to children, but in for TS Elliot, him being american, the 'J' would be fine.

I believe his surname was Kwak and he was originally Dutch. I was relieved to note in wikipedia that he lived in a CLOG not a DOG as I first understood your post to say (time for new specs i think).
Good job we don't conform to stereotypes isn't it!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 08, 2008 2:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Well, I should perhaps have said his creator Herman van Veen was Dutch so we can blame them for the stereotype. I don't know if Prufrock inspired the name, Prufrock, but his original middle name was "Jodocus", which is Latin for "lord" apaprently.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 08, 2008 2:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Well, I should perhaps have said his creator Herman van Veen was Dutch so we can blame them for the stereotype. I don't know if Prufrock inspired the name, Prufrock, but his original middle name was "Jodocus", which is Latin for "lord" apaprently.
Sorry Monty, I didn't mean us as Brits or indeed Canadians - I just meant us as people wether Dutch or otherwise, it was meant in jest as I'm sure you know

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 08, 2008 7:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Did he get arseholed on skunk whilst satiating his outrageous hunger at Febo?
May the bridges I burn light your way