How's tha doin?

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

How's tha doin?

Post by TW@tman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Hello my fellow whites...how are we all?

I think this is a cracking site, particularly the debating that seems to go on regarding the weight of our players.

Just for the record my BMI is 25....although 3 years ago it was 23 so I think my best days are behind me. I got to that magic figure by sheer hard work and graft, but unfortunately once I achieved it, the accolades disappeared and I must admit I have let myself go a bit.

I went to school in my younger years, and got a CSE in English, I was made Captain of the school debating society, the combination of the two came in mighty useful...if the school was losing a debate, I would whip out my red pen and score double points for a comma or apostrohe.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to work since I left school as I am in the process of writing my auto-biography.

I can't complain with my life so far. You will have seen me on the terrace, booing our overpaid and over-rated players.

I can also provide you with the solution to our crowd problems.

If your old enough you will well remember Burnden Park creaking at the rafters as we used to cram in to watch a thrilling 1-1 against Torquay etc. The thing is since they have moved the supermarket outside the ground. It takes too long to get your pies and back onto the terrace when you have to go to Asda.

Plus this Premier League, and seating hasn't got the same atmosphere as standing behind fences waiting for the dibble to charge you.

Anyway thats a brief intro...hope to chat you soon.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Good intro mate and Welcome to the site. :-)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:35 pm

do you believe in God and do you like fish?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TW@tman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:37 pm

communistworkethic wrote:do you believe in God and do you like fish?
Is 'Babel'-Fish close enough?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 pm

no. halibut?

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: How's tha doin?

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:59 pm

TW@tman wrote:Hello my fellow whites...how are we all?

I think this is a cracking site, particularly the debating that seems to go on regarding the weight of our players.

Just for the record my BMI is 25....although 3 years ago it was 23 so I think my best days are behind me. I got to that magic figure by sheer hard work and graft, but unfortunately once I achieved it, the accolades disappeared and I must admit I have let myself go a bit.

I went to school in my younger years, and got a CSE in English, I was made Captain of the school debating society, the combination of the two came in mighty useful...if the school was losing a debate, I would whip out my red pen and score double points for a comma or apostrohe.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to work since I left school as I am in the process of writing my auto-biography.

I can't complain with my life so far. You will have seen me on the terrace, booing our overpaid and over-rated players.

I can also provide you with the solution to our crowd problems.

If your old enough you will well remember Burnden Park creaking at the rafters as we used to cram in to watch a thrilling 1-1 against Torquay etc. The thing is since they have moved the supermarket outside the ground. It takes too long to get your pies and back onto the terrace when you have to go to Asda.

Plus this Premier League, and seating hasn't got the same atmosphere as standing behind fences waiting for the dibble to charge you.

Anyway thats a brief intro...hope to chat you soon.
Then we have something in common. Mind if I PM you about a couple of things I'm seriously stuck on? :D

Welcome to the Site TW@tman. I really hope you find a home here. I remember the 1-1 with against Torquay, but remember, the 2-1 defeat when Torquay scored a fantastic 25 yard bender into the top corner to steal the win in the last minute. The first game I ever saw us lose at Burnden. :(

No better memories then standing in the paddock singing and dancing away, while dodging cans and nail ridden golf balls from the away end.

Great days :D

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: How's tha doin?

Post by TW@tman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
TW@tman wrote: I am in the process of writing my auto-biography.
Then we have something in common. Mind if I PM you about a couple of things I'm seriously stuck on? :D

The first game I ever saw us lose at Burnden. :(
No better memories then standing in the paddock singing and dancing away, while dodging cans and nail ridden golf balls from the away end.

Great days :D
the 'auto-'biography is about my first car :wink:

As for losing at Burnden - how the devil dare you sir. I have only fond memories of that glorious arena and have no recollection of anything but beautiful flowing football and victoire, although I will admit the urinals were a disgrace :evil:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:55 pm

WelcomeTW@tman. I have a feeling SOTWA's autobiography may be slightly different from yours. I assume you are a person of means if you can pass up gainful employment to write about your car. I shall look forward to your posts (although I'm due back on planet earth in five minutes so shall peruse later).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TW@tman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:WelcomeTW@tman. I have a feeling SOTWA's autobiography may be slightly different from yours. I assume you are a person of means if you can pass up gainful employment to write about your car. I shall look forward to your posts (although I'm due back on planet earth in five minutes so shall peruse later).

How do you know we aren't writing about the same model?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 pm

TW@tman wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:WelcomeTW@tman. I have a feeling SOTWA's autobiography may be slightly different from yours. I assume you are a person of means if you can pass up gainful employment to write about your car. I shall look forward to your posts (although I'm due back on planet earth in five minutes so shall peruse later).

He drives tanks (and you probably have to be in the army - a job - to drive one).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TW@tman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TW@tman wrote:

He drives tanks (and you probably have to be in the army - a job - to drive one).
My first car was a lada - does that count.

I read on another thread that he was going to Moenchengladbach, I have a lot of time on my hands and the British Army don't seem to have any Armour in that vicinity....or is he one of them :pray: ?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:48 pm

Welcome to the site, and as we so often tend to add these days.... I think :mrgreen:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 pm

TW@tman wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TW@tman wrote:

My first car was a lada - does that count.

I read on another thread that he was going to Moenchengladbach, I have a lot of time on my hands and the British Army don't seem to have any Armour in that vicinity....or is he one of them :pray: ?
he doesn't drive tanks at all. He's plays the clarinet for the salvation army, don't let him tell you otherwise.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 am

Hell of an intro Tw@tty! Welcome to the site and hello.
Businesswoman of the year.

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TW@tman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Hell of an intro Tw@tty! Welcome to the site and hello.
Glad to be here, I have been sick of wallowing in my own doom and gloom for too long.....and I have realised their are plenty of fellow fans? to share my pessimism with.... :D

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 am

TW@tman wrote:
Glad to be here, I have been sick of wallowing in my own doom and gloom for too long.....and I have realised their are plenty of fellow fans? to share my pessimism with.... :D

Yes.. Tw@tman, let me introduce you to B@tman! :wink: :mrgreen:

Sorry, Batty. :D
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 am

Welcome along, friend.

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TW@tman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:45 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
TW@tman wrote:

Someone I have admired from afar....although as a fckn newb he may not acknowledge any contributions I have to make. :cry:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 am

TW@tman wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
TW@tman wrote:

Someone I have admired from afar....although as a fckn newb he may not acknowledge any contributions I have to make. :cry:
Well, I think you'll do just dandy. Take your coat off and grab a seat.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TW@tman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TW@tman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
TW@tman wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
TW@tman wrote:

Well, I think you'll do just dandy. Take your coat off and grab a seat.
ta very much