new member!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

judicator
Hopeful
Hopeful

new member!

Post by judicator » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 am

hey guys I am a huge Korean fan of Lee Chong Yong who has now become a Wanderer's fan! I have been a fan of his since I saw him play at the youth level. He is an amazing player and played very well for FC Seoul.

Just to let you know just because a Korean is signed to a premiership team doesn't necessarily mean that we will become fans of that club. I feel however that Bolton fans have given Lee Chong Yong a fair chance and Megson seems to have an eye for finding talent. For example, I never could support the Spurs or the idiot Ramos who kept scape goating our player Lee Young Pyo. They just had a shlt team and blamed Lee Young Pyo for bullshlt. I am glad he left that retarded team! I hope you crush the spurs this weekend. I donnow, I think latin and spanish coaches belittle Korean players. This is why I decided to join this site and become a supporter of your club.

Anyhow another goal I have in joining your fan site is to let you know about Korean football like a few other posters on here. Everyone underestimates Korean football, but we consistently dominate Asia. Even with Australia joining AFC, we owned them 3-1 in a recently friendly. Korea has also won in the last 4 years friendlies against: Mexico, Croatia, Greece, Paraguay, etc... We tied Sweden twice. Also Korea was the only team in 2006 WC that didn't advance out of group stages despite of having 4 points (because Togo had to lose every game) and we tied runners up France in group stages. Most Korean fans are very superficial and don't even know this stuff but we have played solid football against big opponents and even beat Brazil in the 90s.

Despite what you may think, Korean fans are not like Japanese fans who buy up shirts. If a team signs a player and he never plays or sucks I don't think we buy shirts just for the sake of supporting the player. For example, you'll see plenty of Park Ji Sung shirts in Korea, but not too many of Lee Dong Gook (who failed at middlesboro)-even though I personally believe he wasn't given any significant amount of playing time to make an impact (he hit the woodwork 4 times in 7 PL games he's played, including in his debut for 10 minutes and was a little unlucky).

Anyhow that's my 2 cents! I am happy to contribute to these forums and will enjoy discussing the games with you guys!

digitalod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by digitalod » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:09 am

yah man

like you said , it was disappointing to see Dong Gook and other Korean players fail to settle down in EPL.

I'm fede up with watching Ji Sung Park used as defensive midfielder by Ferguson. Watching Seol Ki Hyun on the bench or 5min sub for fulham is a huge disappointment.

good to see Chung Yong getting fair chance to prove himself at Bolton. Surly he seized the chance.

let's root for the bolton and CYL ... it is always more fun to becoming a supporters for underdogs and watch them win

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:08 am

Welcome chaps.

You'll find that here we all care about our team, some of us care a bit too much.

PS - Lee >>> Park
Was right all along

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 am

Welcome aboard and look forward to your posts.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am

I'm just glad the official site forums went down before all the Korean fans got here. They might have got the wrong idea about Bolton fans.

Everybody, I think, has a surrogate world cup team for when their team drops out, or fails to qualify. South Korea would be one of my two. Unfortunately the other would be ze germans. :oops:
let's root for the bolton and CYL ... it is always more fun to becoming a supporters for underdogs and watch them win
Absolutely. No glory-hunters on here. The win is sweeter when you know it's one of those rare, historic days. I still remember Anelka's goal against Utd, and Tevez's miss that day.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Welcome, judicator. I hope LCY makes an impact so you guys stick around (we seem to have lost our supporters from Nigeria, Mexico, Japan and so on).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Welcome. CYL is looking good. I hope he continues to do well and that you all stick around as well.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:29 am

Hello, judicator, and welcome to this web site.

I think, good Sir, that you underestimate the respect given to teams in the Asian confederation. One thing I have noticed when watching such teams play (I exclude Australia in this comment) is their speed, agility and will to win.

I thank you for joining this equally robust forum. :)

ashvale321
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ashvale321 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:02 pm

New member here to. Looks like a good forum

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:03 pm

ashvale321 wrote:New member here to. Looks like a good forum
Welcome. So sit down and tell us about yourself.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.