supose i had better introduce myself properly...

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 am

Hobinho wrote:
Verbal wrote:Hello

obviously you've kinda joined during the eye of the storm, that'll pass though over time. Probably about 5 years.

But yeah, hi. Enjoy. Or tolerate, as 99% of us do.
Yep we are all tolerant on here.
I'm doing a curry this weekend you got any spare chickens? Asda are so pricey at the moment.
Take heart dear girl SOMEONE has to watch Arsenal I suppose.
Left winger?I'm a bit of a right winger myself.
Welcome
thanks - I think! ;)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Welcome, Helen. If the venom in the Arsenal threads doesn't get to you, General banter is likely to make you apoplectic (as someone who cares about things like sustainability or animal welfare). Still, it takes all sorts (even hobo) so I hope you stick around.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Still, it takes all sorts (even hobo) so I hope you stick around.
See, I was going to add the line 'If you need a cock then there's one here that you can have' but it's very difficult to type that to a lady without sounding vulgar! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:00 am

The alarm clock playing up, Bruce Rioja? They don't make 'em like they used to you know. :?

Anywhatsit, Helen, welcome aboard our leaky ship. Ladies, or at least those of the female gender, receive no special favours here so, if you wouldn't mind, grab a bucket and give us a hand with the bailing.

Ta.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 am

Dujon wrote:The alarm clock playing up, Bruce Rioja?
Que? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Still, it takes all sorts (even hobo) so I hope you stick around.
See, I was going to add the line 'If you need a cock then there's one here that you can have' but it's very difficult to type that to a lady without sounding vulgar! :?

I could have sworn that you actually did - but this post looks very different to the original! Maybe I dreamed it....

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:20 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome, Helen. If the venom in the Arsenal threads doesn't get to you, General banter is likely to make you apoplectic (as someone who cares about things like sustainability or animal welfare). Still, it takes all sorts (even hobo) so I hope you stick around.
That's a terribly condescending thing to say, I hope you've apologised to him.
Was right all along

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:34 am

Dujon wrote:The alarm clock playing up, Bruce Rioja? They don't make 'em like they used to you know. :?

Anywhatsit, Helen, welcome aboard our leaky ship. Ladies, or at least those of the female gender, receive no special favours here so, if you wouldn't mind, grab a bucket and give us a hand with the bailing.

Ta.
wouldn't expect any special favours - am well used to football forums!

So where do you keep the bucket then?!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:39 am

Bruno wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome, Helen. If the venom in the Arsenal threads doesn't get to you, General banter is likely to make you apoplectic (as someone who cares about things like sustainability or animal welfare). Still, it takes all sorts (even hobo) so I hope you stick around.
:lmfao:

Notoriety

Non! Je ne regrette rien

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:00 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I could have sworn that you actually did - but this post looks very different to the original! Maybe I dreamed it....
I deleted it, Bish. It read as being rather vulgar, see?! I felt the need to sanitise it somewhat.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I deleted it, Bish. It read as being rather vulgar, see?! I felt the need to sanitise it somewhat.
ahh - I'm not going mad then

(matter of opinion)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Hobinho wrote:
Bruno wrote:

Notoriety

Non! Je ne regrette rien
hobo spells much better in French than English... Is this a clue to his seeming eccentricity? He's really working in a foreign language and culture.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:24 pm

William the White wrote:
Hobinho wrote:
Bruno wrote:

Notoriety

Non! Je ne regrette rien
hobo spells much better in French than English... Is this a clue to his seeming eccentricity? He's really working in a foreign language and culture.
<cough> copy and paste </cough>

I didn't study literary/form criticism for 2 years not to spot that! Not Hobo's original work!!!!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

ahh - I'm not going mad then

(matter of opinion)
Indeed it is ;)

And surely you have to be a little mad to be a Bolton fan anyway?!

Don't hold back on my account Bruce

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Bruno wrote:
Condescending? I don't think so. I was merely warning a newcomer that if she cared for causes like saving featherless chickens a visit to Planet Hobo might be an unnerving experience. But not everyone is a tree hugger, nor everyone a right wing republican. So it takes all sorts....

I only apologize if I have unintentionally upset someone. I doubt Hobo is very upset.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruno wrote:
Condescending? I don't think so. I was merely warning a newcomer that if she cared for causes like saving featherless chickens a visit to Planet Hobo might be an unnerving experience. But not everyone is a tree hugger, nor everyone a right wing republican. So it takes all sorts....

I only apologize if I have unintentionally upset someone. I doubt Hobo is very upset.
bruno is pulling your chain Monty - no need to flush...

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruno wrote:

You might not see it, but as far as I am concerned it was an unnecessary remark.
Was right all along

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Anyone see that Jimmy's Farm programme last night? He visited some pig farm in the US. A disgrace it was. 1000s of pigs in pens barely big enough to fit in. They'd lead a male pig down past all the females to get them worked up but wouldn't let them get it on! They reckoned they sent 1,500 or so pigs to slaughter every week. The western world needs to have a word with itself about the way it consumes (and wastes food) and expect to pay feck all for it.

Maybe I should put this in the angry thread?
I've just seen it now - very interesting programme but what a way to keep pigs. Farrowing crates are banned in this country and with good reason. Its all so inhumane. I'm angry now too! :evil:

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:55 pm

On a related topic I had a fantastic bacon butty this morning. Didn't give a second thought to whether the pig had a nice life or not. It was fookin dee-lish
Was right all along

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Bruno wrote:On a related topic I had a fantastic bacon butty this morning. Didn't give a second thought to whether the pig had a nice life or not. It was fookin dee-lish
weren't you going to write an article for the front page about what you ate for your tea?