From New South Whales, Australia. Love the Wanderers

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

skip
Hopeful
Hopeful

From New South Whales, Australia. Love the Wanderers

Post by skip » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 am

Hi all!
I'm from the Central Coast, down in Australia. In my early 20's. Ive always loved my footy, and I remember, as a kid, hearing my coach talk about 'Big Sam' taking over at the Wanderers. Never heard of the Wanderers at that stage(not much publicity down here), and grew to love the club. That was when I was a young teenager, now I have kids and am (with love) nudging them towards Bolton. Love talking about the team and whats doing, but haven't met another Bolton supporter in my life.
Just joined the forum to keep up to date with whats happening over at the Reebok. One day, I'll be able to get on the piss with some other Wanderers fans before a game and really sit in the stand!! One day!

Just wondering of there are any other Bolton fans out there around Sydney/Central Coast?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: From New South Whales, Australia. Love the Wanderers

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 am

skip wrote:Hi all!
I'm from the Central Coast, down in Australia. In my early 20's. Ive always loved my footy, and I remember, as a kid, hearing my coach talk about 'Big Sam' taking over at the Wanderers. Never heard of the Wanderers at that stage(not much publicity down here), and grew to love the club. That was when I was a young teenager, now I have kids and am (with love) nudging them towards Bolton. Love talking about the team and whats doing, but haven't met another Bolton supporter in my life.
Just joined the forum to keep up to date with whats happening over at the Reebok. One day, I'll be able to get on the piss with some other Wanderers fans before a game and really sit in the stand!! One day!

Just wondering of there are any other Bolton fans out there around Sydney/Central Coast?
New South Whales?????

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:05 am

thebish wrote:

New South Whales?????
He follows us on his i-POD. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 am

Hello mate, make yourself comfortable.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:

New South Whales?????
:D very good! (shouldn't you be out running or eating pasta or weeing in your shorts??)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:15 am

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:

New South Whales?????
:D very good! (shouldn't you be out running or eating pasta or weeing in your shorts??)
No that's Sunday. Like you, I'm only putting the effort in one day this week. :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 am

By the way Skip, welcome aboard!

There's lots of aussies on here (expats and indigenous) so 'throw another Sheila on the barbie' and get stuck in.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:11 am

Hello, Skip. How on earth did you manage 'whales' if you live here (tut-tut)? Then again, posting at five o'clock post meridian might have something to do with it. Hard day was it? :)

There are a few of us from Oz in this forum, but I can't recall anyone from up Gosford way. My sister and brother-in-law live up around Gorokan but as far as I know they're not football followers, never mind BWFC, so that doesn't help you much either.

Welcome aboard anyway, mate.

Oh, yes, I forgot. I live in the Blue Mountains.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Dujon wrote:
Home, no doubt, of the blue whales. Welcome, Skip.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:22 pm

G'day Skip!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:45 pm

I'll be increasing the Wanderers population in NSW by 1 this summer. Welcome aboard!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:03 pm

jimbo wrote:I'll be increasing the Wanderers population in NSW by 1 this summer. Welcome aboard!
Hmmm... Liverpool to Australia. Did you nick a loaf of bread?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
jimbo wrote:I'll be increasing the Wanderers population in NSW by 1 this summer. Welcome aboard!
Hmmm... Liverpool to Australia. Did you nick a loaf of bread?
Corker!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:16 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dujon wrote:
Home, no doubt, of the blue whales. Welcome, Skip.
No, no, no, Monty. That was a literal statement. Summat to do with age my doctor tells me. :cry: