The Need for a club anthem

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Mosaic's my friend. That's what we need !!
Oh yes, please do.
8) Tempting, but really, a bit in-jokish (& long). I do have a transcript I could PM if you wanted to refresh yourself though.

My best ever thread, anywhere, ever.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:18 am

How about? referee your a wan..................

Will get aired plenty of times next season!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:38 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Mosaic's my friend. That's what we need !!
Oh yes, please do.
8) Tempting, but really, a bit in-jokish (& long). I do have a transcript I could PM if you wanted to refresh yourself though.

My best ever thread, anywhere, ever.
Cheers, but I'll have to leave it 'til I get back from holibobs.

It should be a pre-requisite for anyone wishing to join the site to read that though. Funny as F*ck (as they say)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm

eh? I've heard of it before, but no idea what it is?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:eh? I've heard of it before, but no idea what it is?
In the old dark days, when I was on the 'official site' forum and a kid came on saying "we need a mosaic".

I, joking, pretended I thought he meant we need music, so asked "ok ... good idea, but what tune ?". Innocent enough, but he immediately went on the attack, calling me a clueless fckwit (maybe it was the Bish ??) so I played up with my 'confusion'.

Inside a day there were over 200 hits as this just continued to grow. He never cottoned on that we understood & got more & more frustrated as lots of people developed the theme.

Maybe you had to be there but it really was supremely funny, at the time anyway.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:44 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
In the old dark days, when I was on the 'official site' forum and a kid came on saying "we need a mosaic".

I, joking, pretended I thought he meant we need music, so asked "ok ... good idea, but what tune ?". Innocent enough, but he immediately went on the attack, calling me a clueless fckwit (maybe it was the Bish ??) so I played up with my 'confusion'.

Inside a day there were over 200 hits as this just continued to grow. He never cottoned on that we understood & got more & more frustrated as lots of people developed the theme.

Maybe you had to be there but it really was supremely funny, at the time anyway.
you scurrillous larrikin!! thebish has never darkened the doors of the official site forum! Lord's a-lorky!

(clueless fckwit)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

:D Is there a link anywhere, or has it been lost in the internet void?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I left the site 4 years ago as kids, text-speak on cyber-warriors started to come on & there were no active moderators.

This is, therefore, is at least 4.5 years old and the site had changed it's systems last time I looked, so I suspect it's gone.

I did a copy, which I cleaned up a bit so I could show it my son. I have that somewhere, I'll PM it to you over the weekend.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I left the site 4 years ago as kids, text-speak on cyber-warriors started to come on & there were no active moderators.

This is, therefore, is at least 4.5 years old and the site had changed it's systems last time I looked, so I suspect it's gone.

I did a copy, which I cleaned up a bit so I could show it my son. I have that somewhere, I'll PM it to you over the weekend.
Cheers!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Are you sure Bobo? Cos I have vague memories it was on here and we all joined in. I came here from 606 and was never on the official site.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I left the site 4 years ago as kids, text-speak on cyber-warriors started to come on & there were no active moderators.
Are you sure Bobo? Cos I have vague memories it was on here and we all joined in. I came here from 606 and was never on the official site.
Utterly sure, Tango.

It was briefly discussed when I joined here and I know it was viewed by people on other sites as it took off, but for-sure it was the official site.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Anyone who wants the doc. I have of it PM me your e-mail address & I'll forward it.

b-t-c

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:54 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I left the site 4 years ago as kids, text-speak on cyber-warriors started to come on & there were no active moderators.
Utterly sure, Tango.

It was briefly discussed when I joined here and I know it was viewed by people on other sites as it took off, but for-sure it was the official site.
I've certainly heard it mentioned on here before, but never seen in it's entirety, PM coming your way Bobo. Cheers.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:50 am

bobo the clown wrote:Anyone who wants the doc. I have of it PM me your e-mail address & I'll forward it.

b-t-c
As I seem only able to get French Channels on this excuse for a TV here in 'la belle France', I wouldn't mind a sneaky peek. :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Utterly sure, Tango.

It WAS here, I tells ya!

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... php?t=1535

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 pm

That link not working Gary?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Welcome TT.

I don't believe we need a Club anthem - if there was a need for one, I think ours would already be apparent by now.

I'm not even sure which Clubs we're falling behind without one.

Edit: we had one most of the last two years...it went Boooooooooooo, Booooooooooooooo, Booooooooooooo.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Utterly sure, Tango.

It WAS here, I tells ya!

That link's not working for me ... but I absolutely assure you that it was live on the 'official site' ... honest.

Maybe it was copied or linked onto here, or reviewed on here ... dunno, but it originated as I described.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Utterly sure, Tango.

It WAS here, I tells ya!

That link's not working for me ... but I absolutely assure you that it was live on the 'official site' ... honest.

Maybe it was copied or linked onto here, or reviewed on here ... dunno, but it originated as I described.
http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... ght=mosaic

I saw this in search mode. There is a mention of it by Sluffy and a (now defunct) link. But I definitely read this, on here, when it was last ressurrected.

MODS!!!!!!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 pm

I read the thread somewhere but can't remember where. It certainly sticks in my mind as :D Didn't Keveh kill posts older than a year or two just a few weeks ago? That was the reason for the sudden drop in the post count for some members. If that was the case then that would be why the links don't work anymore.