Greetings from sunny Newtownards

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ArdsTrotters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Greetings from sunny Newtownards

Post by ArdsTrotters » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi folks,

I've been registered for a while and have been enjoying reading most of the posts - some good banter in there!

Thought I would just say hello as my girlfriend has arranged for us to go over to the West Ham match on 9th April as a birthday present. I don't know what she wants in return but it will probably be bloody expensive!

Looking forward to getting over to the Reebok - any advice re pubs would be great as the last time I stayed in Bolton was when Northern Ireland were playing England a few years back and I can't really see a return trip to Ikon being a goer - if it's still in existence!!

:D

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: Greetings from sunny Newtownards

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:16 am

Welcome Ards. No doubt the licensed premises update will be along shortly! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:51 am

Welcome!

I'd probably say Scotts, smack bang next to the ground and next to the train station.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 am

Welcome to the site. Try to post a bit more often.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

fanzone

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:43 pm

ArdsTrotters wrote:Hi folks,

I've been registered for a while and have been enjoying reading most of the posts - some good banter in there!

Thought I would just say hello as my girlfriend has arranged for us to go over to the West Ham match on 9th April as a birthday present. I don't know what she wants in return but it will probably be bloody expensive!

Looking forward to getting over to the Reebok - any advice re pubs would be great as the last time I stayed in Bolton was when Northern Ireland were playing England a few years back and I can't really see a return trip to Ikon being a goer - if it's still in existence!!

Welcome Ards. Fantastic countryside round your way!

Have they built that Tesco there yet? :)

ArdsTrotters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ArdsTrotters » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
ArdsTrotters wrote:Hi folks,

Welcome Ards. Fantastic countryside round your way!

Have they built that Tesco there yet? :)

Cheers Gary, aye the countryside isn't bad - Newtownards isn't the George Best though.

Tesco is still no nearer completion, just fencing across the road from the ruins of Ards FC's ground :(

I wouldn't worry though, the townsfolk can still get their hands on theier Buckfast!!!

ArdsTrotters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ArdsTrotters » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Cheers for the info guys. Will try to post more often. Looking forward to a good old steam in a couple of weeks time!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah, beautiful, beautiful Ards. Absolutely love the place. Used to deal with a company near Ards ground and looked forward to every trip. The guy I used to deal with supported City, though! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

ArdsTrotters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ArdsTrotters » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Ah, beautiful, beautiful Ards. Absolutely love the place. Used to deal with a company near Ards ground and looked forward to every trip. The guy I used to deal with supported City, though! :(
Yea, although most people round this way are glory hunters there are a fair few City, Leeds and Spurs fans knocking about. There's one other Bolton fan in Ards I know of - I say know of because it's all hearsay, I've never actually met the fella!

Ards ground is no more - dodgy board sold ground and we are now playing our home games 40 odd miles away in Ballyclare. Real shame for a team that entertained Roma, PSV, Standard Liege and Riems back in the day!!

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Welcome to the site!

ajwbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajwbolton » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Alright Ards Trotter - i'm in Newry for the last 10 years - not too far away. Are you planning on going to Wembley? I've got my flights booked - just a little anxious about tickets for me and my two lads!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 pm

I wouldn't worry about tickets....at this rate you'll be in midfield

ajwbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajwbolton » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:I wouldn't worry about tickets....at this rate you'll be in midfield
well then we definitely are foooked :hang: