Fan from Northern California

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

dstieber
Hopeful
Hopeful

Fan from Northern California

Post by dstieber » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Hey everyone, glad to be here. I'm brand new to the site but not to being a fan of the Wanderers. I'm all the way in sunny California, so it's always fun waking up early to watch my Whites but I'm planning on heading into San Francisco to watch the FA Cup semifinal and was hoping to use this board to see if any fans live around the area and would want to meet up. Feel free to message me, and I'm hoping to keep active on the board as much as possible. Until next time COYW!
http://www.MADSoccerShow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: Fan from Northern California

Post by William the White » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Big welcome. Join the worldwide chain of love that is Bolton Wanderers after a cup win... :D

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:06 pm

There are plenty of worldwide Wanderers on here, welcome!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Welcome.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Is there really a Dublin in Northern California?

I once went to a Cardiff in Southern California, on the coast, small, sleepy in the summer i was there, quite a nice beach. A guy in a store heard my generically brit accent and asked if I'd ever been to Cardiff, England... I said I'd been to the one in Wales but he just looked kinda puzzled...

dstieber
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dstieber » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

William the White wrote:Is there really a Dublin in Northern California?

I once went to a Cardiff in Southern California, on the coast, small, sleepy in the summer i was there, quite a nice beach. A guy in a store heard my generically brit accent and asked if I'd ever been to Cardiff, England... I said I'd been to the one in Wales but he just looked kinda puzzled...
Yep there really is, it's just about a forty five minute drive West of San Francisco. I had to stop telling people I was from Dublin when I introduced myself at college in Los Angeles, because people we're so shocked that being from Dublin, I didn't have an accent.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Welcome onboard fella, this site kept one sane during the Megson era so its a good 'un

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 pm

dstieber wrote:

Yep there really is, it's just about a forty five minute drive West of San Francisco. I had to stop telling people I was from Dublin when I introduced myself at college in Los Angeles, because people we're so shocked that being from Dublin, I didn't have an accent.
Like California hugely... Think I might have been your way when I visited Danville to visit the home of Eugene o Neill - great, great American playwright and did a 3 week California tour including San Francisco, which i loved also...

martin1877coywm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by martin1877coywm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 am

I live relatively close...welcome mate

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:41 am

Welcome.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:14 am

dstieber wrote:

In the Pacific Ocean?

Welcome, by the way.

dstieber
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dstieber » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
dstieber wrote:

In the Pacific Ocean?

Welcome, by the way.
Ah yes, geography, the devil's science! Sorry about that, I meant East, 45 minutes east of San Francisco .

dstieber
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dstieber » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 pm

William the White wrote:
dstieber wrote:

Like California hugely... Think I might have been your way when I visited Danville to visit the home of Eugene o Neill - great, great American playwright and did a 3 week California tour including San Francisco, which i loved also...
Yep, Danville is just about a 5 minute drive north of Dublin.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

William. Being as there's a New York in Newcastle and a Jericho in Bury etc. etc. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 pm

dstieber wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
dstieber wrote:

In the Pacific Ocean?

Welcome, by the way.
Ah yes, geography, the devil's science! Sorry about that, I meant East, 45 minutes east of San Francisco .
Still be in the water at first, must be east of Oakland. And welcome too.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 am

Was in SF just a few weeks ago myself. Scoma's by the pier had some of the best clam chowder I ever had.

Welcome!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Welcome.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
dstieber wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
dstieber wrote:

In the Pacific Ocean?

Welcome, by the way.
Still be in the water at first, must be east of Oakland. And welcome too.
That's him rumbled. I'll have a fiver on Oldhams Estate! :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way