Hi from California

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

britlass
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hi from California

Post by britlass » Sat May 14, 2011 11:48 pm

I suppose I should say hello, since I already posted once.

I, like Jimbo, used to frequent the Burnden Aces board till Sluffy decided that having membership to more than one forum was against HIS rules, so he banned me. :lol:

Since I know that he reads here, I'd just like to thank him for the ban as it freed up my time and gave me the opportunity to visit sites that are more fun, more interesting and busier than BA.

Been a Wanderers fan since the 1960s. From Bolton but moved to the States in 1980.

I'll look around and hope to find a comfortable fit here, where I can visit and post regularly.
what! What! WHAT!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: Hi from California

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat May 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Welcome over.

I hear BA is run by Natasha, and Sluffy is her alias...

britlass
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by britlass » Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 pm

That wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure how you get a job modding when you never go to games. Even living in the States I think I attend more than some.

Does anyone know Didledee and where he is now? Did he leave BA or was he banned too?
what! What! WHAT!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat May 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Not sure, haven't posted on there for a while.

I do love their prediction league though, this place could do well to completely steal that idea.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Not sure, haven't posted on there for a while.

I do love their prediction league though, this place could do well to completely steal that idea.
Carefull the horses head will be appearing in your bed if they find out you frequent another site!!!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun May 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Welcome aboard. Forget the past and move on.

Hoboh: Watched the movie again the other night.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Welcome to TW. Where in the US are you from?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun May 15, 2011 3:38 pm

You flirt

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Welcome over.

I hear BA is run by Natasha, and Sluffy is her alias...
Hmmm! I know you are an expert on aliases but I find that one hard to swallow tbh.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:You flirt
Last chance - getting married in two weeks.

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Not sure, haven't posted on there for a while.

The Prem Predictor isn't from BA...it's on bwfcforum ... I wouldn't mind doing an inter-forum Prem predictor next season if there was enough interest in it...?

could have your username and what forum you represent... prize for the winner and something for the forum(not thought about it yet) could be a winner... ?

(This years prize is a signed Klasnic Shirt)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Not bothered about that, but the mods here should definitely look into plagiarising it.

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Well its easy enough to do... jimbo used to do it on the old 'official' board, it's just one of those things that once you start... you have to see it through, so you need someone who will put the time in every week for the entire season...!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun May 15, 2011 6:34 pm

No, I mean the auto one

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:No, I mean the auto one

??

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun May 15, 2011 9:48 pm

josh8 wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:No, I mean the auto one

??
Two things Josh, firstly as Lofthouse Lower as already stated, the 'Prediction League is on BA (see link)

http://www.enigma.co.uk/predictionleague/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Secondly the way you run your forums 'Prediction League', is actually illegally and requires a licence from Football Data Co, which I believe is in the region of £3,000.

I have brought this fact to your attention in the past but you have of course chosen to ignore it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2005/de ... ia.comment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.football-dataco.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Btw, hello Wendy.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Please, call the football police.

Anyway, welcome britlass!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 am

Welcome, britlass - although introducing yourself by way of slagging off another forum and its operator is hardly a judicious modus operandi. I had come to the conclusion that that sort of inter-forum rubbish had waned to the point of non-existence. Apparently I was wrong.

To sluffy, should you pop back in: does that sort of monopolistic garbage still exist (the article was from a few years back). I can understand an organisation protecting hard earned data - but fixtures? The F.A. and most clubs advertise them! What does dataco seek? To keep all fixtures secret? It'd be funny if the next game at OT was attended by no one because they didn't know it was on the fixture list. What am I going to chat about with my mates next time we meet for a couple of pints on a Friday evening?

ME: Do we have a game tomorrow?
MATE 1: Dunno
MATE 2: I think it's Man U, but that's only rumour.
MATE 3: Yeah, I do, but I'm not allowed to say nowt.
ME: Is it at home or away?
MATE 4: Dunno
MATE 5: It's your round, Dujon.
ME: *sighs* but goes to buy.
MATE 1: Hey, Duj, I'm told it's on the TV tomorrow at three of the clock, but you didn't get that from me, right?
ME: Darn it, I'd best renew my license to view the blasted thing.
ME: Leaves pub thinking deeply as to where my team is in the table of exellence and whether we are League Champions. I suspect I'll never know.

britlass
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by britlass » Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome to TW. Where in the US are you from?

I'm from Bolton but I currently live in Bakersfield, California. Moved here from Santa Ana, California with my job just over 7 years ago.

For whomever it was that posted that starting the intro sounding bitter isn't the best way to start; I was bitter at being banned by Sluffy but I am not bitter now. Was just stating what is a little about my recent history.
what! What! WHAT!

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon May 16, 2011 1:01 am

Dujon wrote:To sluffy, should you pop back in: does that sort of monopolistic garbage still exist (the article was from a few years back). I can understand an organisation protecting hard earned data - but fixtures? The F.A. and most clubs advertise them! What does dataco seek?
Dataco IS the licensing part of the joint Premier and football leagues - and as been set up to protect its intellectual property - ie the football fixtures.

The clubs themselves, being part of the Premier of Football leagues can advertise the fixtures as much as they want - they own them - but anyone else, newspapers, TV or simple footy forums like ours have to pay for the privilege.

Some forums however do advertise and take the chance they won't get caught.

I guess it all depends upon how honest you are.