Attention all New Users!!!!!!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:59 pm

It's good to see some more poster on here, just a shame thier names are poor (mummyblahblah that means you) :eh:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:01 pm

No you're right, I'm embarrassed to be seen next to your work of genius. There is a story behind my name, but it's a boring one. But people recognise it so I just keep it.

It's not really about names though is it? :conf:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:06 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:No you're right, I'm embarrassed to be seen next to your work of genius. There is a story behind my name, but it's a boring one. But people recognise it so I just keep it.

It's not really about names though is it? :conf:
Yes I'm sure there's a boring story behind your name, just as boring as you probably :zzz:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:00 am

Can you possibly be serious?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:07 am

'Lo to the refugees. I hope you hang around. I've never used 606 so have no idea as to what you're on about; from the sound of it perhaps that's just as well.

There's a few 'over fifties' on here, Zulu, so you're not alone. Mind you it's a bit lonely here at the top of the pile - there's only a few over 60 (including me) - probably because following the Trotters is, and always has been, a health hazard.

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:21 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you possibly be serious?
Do you think you are interesting, I don't :roll:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:55 am

I have been posting on here for all of three days - how can you possibly make a judgement?

It sounds to me like I may have upset you on 606. If so, who are you? Don't make me send Mich round.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:24 am

OK: seconds to the opposite corner, please.

Sharp objects such as strap hardware, locking devices and other protuberances will be penalised one point per round.

Handbags shall be made of soft leather or crocodile skin sans teeth. Straps must stay on the shoulder but may be elastic.

Flame throwers are banned.

I don't know whether you two have skeletons in the cupboard or, for that matter, aggro in the attic - regardless, the rest of us couldn't care less (unless of course you're a couple of mates stirring the pot; or a failed love affair).

I was thinking of proposing to Smackey before Bench beat me to it; Gnome seems to have been taken too. Still, there's still SAMHATER I suppose. Have I posted my bitterness at defeat on this site? No, of course not. Mind you, BoltonBilly's a lot to answer for - but that's for down behind the toilets and not for here.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:52 am

:shock: exactly how many of those cans have you had? :conf:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:15 am

Dujon wrote:'Lo to the refugees. I hope you hang around. I've never used 606 so have no idea as to what you're on about; from the sound of it perhaps that's just as well.

There's a few 'over fifties' on here, Zulu, so you're not alone. Mind you it's a bit lonely here at the top of the pile - there's only a few over 60 (including me) - probably because following the Trotters is, and always has been, a health hazard.
Hi Dujon!

We over-50's are a protected species, so don't worry about any health issues!

Remember. age, cunning and evil trickery will always triumph over youth, zeal and passion.

You heard it here first.

:oyea:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:18 am

Don't take pigsfoot too seriously - he is a wind up merchant.

If you bite he will carry on and on.

My advice is to throw him an insult back and then move on. His style just takes a bit of time to get used to.

Despite his harsh comments he really means no harm only fun.

Give him a chance.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:20 am

pigsfoot wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you possibly be serious?
Do you think you are interesting, I don't :roll:
Pigsfoot,

Why don't you go into private message mode with Mummy and sort out your perceived grievance? Because, frankly, I doubt that anyone else gives a shiny shite! Added to that, it's obvious that Mummy hasn't a clue what you're on about.

Life is too short, my porcine friend!

:conf:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:25 am

I'd do well to throw him an insult back anyway as I haven't the first clue who he is.

Apart from to say that I find it interesting that he calls me boring, when most of his posting history centres around asking for a 'Kings of Chaos' section on this site, which, as far as I can work out, is some kind of internet fantasy game. :roll:

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:43 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I'd do well to throw him an insult back anyway as I haven't the first clue who he is.

Apart from to say that I find it interesting that he calls me boring, when most of his posting history centres around asking for a 'Kings of Chaos' section on this site, which, as far as I can work out, is some kind of internet fantasy game. :roll:
About a year or so ago a large group of us got hacked off with 606 and set up the Bolton Banter site.

Pigsfoot (as was Natasha and Mitch) were heavy posters on the site. For various reasons all three of them left bb, pf only recently.

If you have not already visited bb why not come and have a look around.

Unfortunately a decission was taken whereby you have to become a member to view the site / post - previously you could view without becomming a member.

If you have not already done so come and visit bb - we have very close links with The Wanderers Forum and many of us are members on both boards.

The address is www.boltonbanter.com/forum/

Moriarty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Moriarty » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:31 am

Im more of a reader on 606 then a poster when i did post.. i posted under the name Jimbob...
Im a student at Teesside Uni .. in that lovely part of the world in the 'boro... but outside term time im back in bolton...

Agree this place is miles better then 606 tooo :)

Just thought id say hi

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:31 am

Moriarty wrote:Im more of a reader on 606 then a poster when i did post.. i posted under the name Jimbob...
Im a student at Teesside Uni .. in that lovely part of the world in the 'boro... but outside term time im back in bolton...

Agree this place is miles better then 606 tooo :)

Just thought id say hi
Welcome to the site Moriarty!! Glad you like it here. Hopefully, you feel inclined to post a bit more often. Give us a shout if you need anything!! :Wave:
Smarties have answers.....

Joe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Joe » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:00 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:First time poster. Followed Bolton since 1982. Been reading posts on 606, decided to look here. I like what I see. Any London supporters here? :grin:
me i am from london :Jedi:
lets have a party!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:53 pm

Welcome 606 people.

Can I just ask, how did you find us and what made you all come over here?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:08 am

keveh wrote:Welcome 606 people.

Can I just ask, how did you find us and what made you all come over here?
I finally read the fanzine that this site handed out, which had sat in my car since the Everton game, and that directed me to this site. I had become more and more fed up with 606 so I posted the following appeal to my 606 friends:

http://www.thewanderer.co.uk/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2201

The rest is history...

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:17 am

Natasha wrote:I'm here mummy, but those pictures next to peoples names don't half do my head in.

Plus, the site doesn't fit on my screen - I have to keep scrolling towards the right to read stuff.

But I'll give it a try.
If it gets out of hand I can resize the avatars (pictures) so that they keep all of the frames equal. it can get annoying sometimes.

as for it being too big for your screen, i'll look in to that.

:edit:

after playing around with my resolution I have decided that your screen resolution must be 800 * 600. To make it larger go to your desktop, right click, properties. Then go to the settings tab, and adjust it to either 1024 * 768 or 1280 * 1024.

to be honest anybody with a screen resolution of 800 * 600 needs to either get a new monitor if it can't go higher, if it can you need to get in to the 21st century.