Welcome me!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Welcome me!

Post by Eloy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:12 am

I am from Canada but I love Bolton Wanderers! Strange, sure... for a Canadian to like soccer but... c'est la vie.

In any case, the recent Stoke game lifted my spirits so much that I had to share the happiness with some kindred spirits online. Hence, Eloy has arrived to this forum. You're welcome.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Welcome me!

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 am

Eloy wrote:I am from Canada but I love Bolton Wanderers! Strange, sure... for a Canadian to like soccer but... c'est la vie.

In any case, the recent Stoke game lifted my spirits so much that I had to share the happiness with some kindred spirits online. Hence, Eloy has arrived to this forum. You're welcome.
Bienvenue, Eloy. Canada is a big country (geographically speaking) - where are you from? And tell us why Bolton Wanderers.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:19 am

A fellow Canuck! Well, I'll be!

I'm from the Toronto region but don't worry... I don't support the Leafs. The Leafs stickers and flags on peoples cars make Eloy very annoyed.

Well, soccer is the beautiful game. Just because I'm from Canada it doesn't mean I don't realize how beautiful it is. Premiership is, IMO, the best league in the world, so I decided to start following it years ago. So why Bolton Wanderers, you ask? Eloy's philosophical answer: Why not? Must we really have a rational explanation for everything?

Also, thanks for being the first to, in a way, welcome me to the site.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:09 am

Yo! Hello and welcome to the site Eloy.
Businesswoman of the year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 am

T'reet cocker welcome

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:56 am

Hello eloy, How are you? so you like my AV :)
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Eloy wrote:A fellow Canuck! Well, I'll be!

I'm from the Toronto region but don't worry... I don't support the Leafs. The Leafs stickers and flags on peoples cars make Eloy very annoyed.

Well, soccer is the beautiful game. Just because I'm from Canada it doesn't mean I don't realize how beautiful it is. Premiership is, IMO, the best league in the world, so I decided to start following it years ago. So why Bolton Wanderers, you ask? Eloy's philosophical answer: Why not? Must we really have a rational explanation for everything?

Also, thanks for being the first to, in a way, welcome me to the site.
There are other Canajuns but the only regular poster is Seanworth, originally from BC but seems to pop around the world a bit. Place is crawling with Aussies though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Jokers in White wrote:Hello eloy, How are you? so you like my AV :)
You know it!

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Yo! Hello and welcome to the site Eloy.
Thanks. I feel sufficiently welcomed.

Sadly, no premiership games today... Life in Canada can be very cold and fulfilling without Premiership (and especially Bolton) games on TV...

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 am

G'day, Eloy. How's Eloy feeling today? I hope he's in fine fettle. I don't mean to overstate his welcome by making this post but you might let him know I bothered. :mrgreen:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello and Go Leafs Go.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Dujon wrote:G'day, Eloy. How's Eloy feeling today? I hope he's in fine fettle. I don't mean to overstate his welcome by making this post but you might let him know I bothered. :mrgreen:

I said that I felt sufficiently welcomed only because I am so humble (a common trait of a Canadian). However, between you and me, my welcome could never be overstated. Whilst incredibly humble, Canadians are also known for being egotistical. :shock:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:04 am

Yes, I was chatting to Conrad Black the other day and he expressed the same sentiment. :(

You'll do, mate, welcome aboard.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:09 am

I'm not surprised.

Also, what do you think of my "hopeful" status? If you had to make a bet, would you put your money on Eloy becoming one of the great posters of this forum?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 am

Perhaps he might, but we'd need to see the first draft before deciding. I doubt though that he'd ever sell more than those produced of Nat, John, Kevin et al. What is he aiming for? A collage, a cubist representation or a finger painting as drawn by one of his children which has been stuck to his fridge door these last few years (that's the impressionist bit)? My guess is to leave the bookies alone. :wink:

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi.

You have a very strange cadence to your posts, and a fondness for third person remarks. you are also quite interrogative but not too unpleasant with the put downs. Therefore, are you sure you are not an AI? - the first to blag the Turing test AND pass the infamously difficult "choose the BW kit colours" test.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 pm

The Axman wrote:Hi.

You have a very strange cadence to your posts, and a fondness for third person remarks. you are also quite interrogative but not too unpleasant with the put downs. Therefore, are you sure you are not an AI? - the first to blag the Turing test AND pass the infamously difficult "choose the BW kit colours" test.
I assure you, my good fellow, that I am not a computer. Many have confused me for one especially online as I am exacting and precise. I have heard of the Turing test and while I don't know the specific questions it poses, I am sure I could pass it.

In any case, how is your day going? Eloy would like to know.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Dujon wrote:Perhaps he might, but we'd need to see the first draft before deciding. I doubt though that he'd ever sell more than those produced of Nat, John, Kevin et al. What is he aiming for? A collage, a cubist representation or a finger painting as drawn by one of his children which has been stuck to his fridge door these last few years (that's the impressionist bit)? My guess is to leave the bookies alone. :wink:
Excellent post. I have not read it in its entirety but if I were a betting man I'd put all my money on your post winning the "Post of the Week" award.