Hi from India

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hi from India

Post by boltonfan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Guess I'm the only Bolton Wanderers fan from here. Been a fan since the game in which Bellion equalized for man utd in the last minute (2004-05?). Loved the way they played under big sam. Love them now too, but OC has made too many changes this season IMO.

Oh yeah, and I got ridiculed and humiliated by my friends (all manu fans) and random Man Utd fans, at a Man Utd bar, when we lost to them :(

Was going to order the bwfc shirt from bwfc.co.uk but it was way too expensive with shipping. Around 80 pounds. Any suggestions for where I can get it at a more affordable price? Even previous years would do, just want to wear a bwfc shirt desperately.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Hi from India

Post by Dujon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:47 am

Hello, boltonfan, welcome to the madhouse which is this forum. I cannot recall another supporter from India posting here (I could of course be wrong). I can't help you with the shirt question, but undoubtedly there will be a few along with advice.

I, like many I suppose, know only too well that cricket seems to be India's consuming passion when it comes to sporting support. Hockey is high on the list too I understand. Where does football fit into the national psyche?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 am

Welcome from Canada too. We seem to have wrapped up a lot of the Commonwealth, but I expect you'll get a welcome from Bolton soon.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello and welcome aboard.

boltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonfan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Dujon wrote:Hello, boltonfan, welcome to the madhouse which is this forum. I cannot recall another supporter from India posting here (I could of course be wrong). I can't help you with the shirt question, but undoubtedly there will be a few along with advice.

I, like many I suppose, know only too well that cricket seems to be India's consuming passion when it comes to sporting support. Hockey is high on the list too I understand. Where does football fit into the national psyche?
Yes, Cricket is the most popular sport here. The craze started after we won the 1983 world cup. We've been winning tournaments regularly after that (the recent world cup). We're not an all out sporting nation like say, the US or China, in fact cricket is the only sport we've been consistently performing well. So cricket being the most followed sport here is natural. As for Hockey, its declining. It is our national sport, but is no match against cricket.

Football is gaining popularity here. Especially after the exposure to EPL, La Liga, Serie A (thanks espn/ star!). Its been popular in certain parts of the country for long, but now its spreading all over the country. But that's about it. There's nothing going on here at grassroots level. No investments, no infrastructure (most of it is being diverted to Cricket). Sure we have a few foreign clubs coming here playing exhibition matches, conducting 'training/ scouting' camps, but that's just like david beckham going to MLS, its for the money.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Welcome aboard Boltonfan.

As a matter of interest is there much publicity in India re Venky's ownership of Blackburn?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

boltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonfan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Publicity by the media? Yes a lot, especially in the papers, Blackburn being the first Premier league club owned by an Indian.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:32 am

Kesse Ho! (I think)

Welcome aboard.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm from Canada. Welcome. I just got welcomed the other day. We have lots in common: both newbies, both from Commonwealth, both Bolton fans... But this is where our similarities stop, for I am into maple syrup!!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Got any decent recipies love a curry

Hi by the way :mrgreen:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:43 am

Ignore Hoboh, boltonfan, he loves anything flammable.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Namaste
The Voice Of Reason

stelios18
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by stelios18 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm uniqe fan from moldova by the way...