Flying visit from a Spur

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Flying visit from a Spur

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 am

TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:I'd rather have a foreign manager and team and have seen Arsenal win things in my life time then have an English manager and team and not. Hold onto your imagined 'class', it's not quite as great a feeling as winning the league though - I can tell you. Have you ever see Tottenham win the league? I have seen Arsenal win it numerous times...
Ah a nice little bite. Lovely.
Got no proper comeback to that, have you? Cos the facts are the facts and all your bluster can't change them! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 am

TTID wrote:What? Because I am proud that my team that plays in the English Premierleague is predominantly an English organisation whereas L'Arse just happen to play in London (although let's be honest it could be anywhere).

BNP? You know what religion we are right? Not sure you thought that question through really LOL.
Au contraire.

I'd have imagined you'd have welcomed the multi-cultural diversity rather than be playing the "We're English, Roit?!" card of the knuckle-dragger. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 am

TTID wrote:Got to laugh GG - the Arse are SO superior in everyway to Spurs but you still went to all the effort of putting up a list of your past glories. All those trophies and yet you still have an inferiority complex after all these years LOL. It must be a south London thing!

Of course I was referring to the new non- trophy cabinet you had installed at the bowl of silence - as the song goes - what a waste of money ha ha.

We will have something you lot will never have - class.
Even ignoring the murderers and drunk drivers of your inglorious past like Alan Sunderland and Tony Adams you now have people like Wenger and the little Twitter-shite Wilshere and the gobshite Szezny. Class - shame you will never have it.

Spurs have never had an average gate over a season under 20k for decades. You probably don't recall your sub-5k home gates in the mid-60s. Look it up! Don't have that on your list of acheivements then LOL!

75 percent of Premierleague manager prefer to watch Spurs this season - sensible chaps.
this post is demonstrably "classy"..... (not)

(also - "acheivements" is badly spelled - as in "Spurs can't even SPELL achievement!) :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 am

TTID wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:So you are saying that all Spurs fans are Jewish?

You are a bit of a tit, aren't you?
LOL. Brilliant. Accuse someone of being in the BNP because they are proud their club has a predominantly English back bone - that's fine. Suggest that Jews or fans of a club with strong Jewish links are unlikely to be in a ultra-right wing party and you are a tit. Love it.
no - really - that won't do, will it?

Bruce asked if you were in the BNP.

You suggested that was a ridiculous question because Spurs have a religion - presumably Judaism.

Bruce's question would only be preposterous if YOU were Jewish - not if the club had an historic link.

Are you seriously suggesting that there are no Spurs fans who belong to the BNP? (if so - you're wrong - because I personally know 2 spurs fans who live in Dagenham and belong to the BNP and one in Barking.)

You did set out appearing to be better than this - but it seems GG has got under your skin and sent you off the rails a bit... that's disappointing...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:30 am

TTID wrote:L'Arse
Owners - Russian and American
Stadium and shirt sponsor - Arab
Manager - French
England players - what up to a massive 2 now?

Spurs
Owners - English
Shirt sponsors - English
Manager - English
England internationals - Dawson, Jenas, King, Huddlestone, Lennon, Defoe, Walker, Parker.
hmmm...

Spurs have had 7 proper managers (ie not "caretaker managers") in the last 15 years.

2 of those have been english - 5 of them not english.

Arsenal have only ever had one manager from outside the UK in their entire history. Spurs have had five.

so I'm not really sure what kind of a point you are trying to make...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 am

Wow
Businesswoman of the year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 am

thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:
thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:
My good natured banter with your lady friend has obviously put your back up & made you take a dislike to me. Que sera sera.

not sure where you read "dislike"... maybe you're a sensitive soul? I have more than once invited you to stick around! (which I will happily do again! - stick around!)
Very sensitive. I cry at The Waltons & Little House of the Prairie.
don't we all!
Do we F**k!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
TTID wrote: Cheers. I will keep it in your trophy cabinet. Plenty of room.

It might get a bit dusty though.
Its way fuller then yours will ever be...

Arsenal

League Champions

FA Cup Winners

League Cup Winners

European Fairs Cup Winners

European Cup Winners Cup Winners

Spurs

Football League Champions

F.A.Cup Winners

Football League Cup Winners

European Cup-Winners Cup Winners

UEFA Cup Winners

Football League Division Two Champions

Like the way winning division 2 is considered worthy enough to go in your list of 'honours' :laugh:
So basically they have a better record in Europe than you? well!

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 am

I LOVE this thread. Very amusing. People saying they dont cry at The Waltons or Little House on the Prairie (obviously lying!).
The moderator/owner calling me a tit because i defended myself against accustions of being in the BNP - i think i made a boob there!
thebish riding in like a knight in shing armour to defend GGs honour (very commendable). Apparently i was alright but i have now gone postal due to GGs digs. LOL. I actually work with 5 Goons & (although i hate to admit it) my best mate is one. So if you think i can't handle internet banter after getting an avalanche of it everyday you are sadly mistaken. I am impressed by the amount of Spurs/BNP members bish knows though.
Oh, & yes, despite AFC having 15-16 consecutive seasons in the CL - they have still won less European trophies than Spurs.
Anyway, as i seem to be rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way (which was never my intention) i will bid yoiu adeiu.
May the best team win on Saturday. Good luck for the rest of the season & hope you stay up.

COYS!
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 am

Don't go, just starting to like you I was.
Your posts are fascinating and I've never seen an actual Spurs fans so close up before. I didn't think they were real people before you.
Businesswoman of the year.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 am

Still a bit of a tit though.

I love "site owner" though. I might try that.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:25 am

And I'm enjoying your fashion tips.

To keep up with you on the footwear front I've just ordered myself a pair of Vans, too! 8)

What? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 am

TTID wrote:I LOVE this thread. Very amusing. People saying they dont cry at The Waltons or Little House on the Prairie (obviously lying!).
The moderator/owner calling me a tit because i defended myself against accustions of being in the BNP - i think i made a boob there!
thebish riding in like a knight in shing armour to defend GGs honour (very commendable). Apparently i was alright but i have now gone postal due to GGs digs. LOL. I actually work with 5 Goons & (although i hate to admit it) my best mate is one. So if you think i can't handle internet banter after getting an avalanche of it everyday you are sadly mistaken. I am impressed by the amount of Spurs/BNP members bish knows though.
Oh, & yes, despite AFC having 15-16 consecutive seasons in the CL - they have still won less European trophies than Spurs.
Anyway, as i seem to be rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way (which was never my intention) i will bid yoiu adeiu.
May the best team win on Saturday. Good luck for the rest of the season & hope you stay up.

COYS!
I don't think anyone here wants you to go... your leaving would just give the lie to your claim that you can handle a bit of banter...

it would help your cause if you stopped spouting shoite though! :wink:

also - to claim not to be a WUM and declare you "don't see the point of it" - and then gleefully claim a "bite" in a response to your post does seem like a staggeringly dumb contradiction...
Last edited by thebish on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 pm

TTID wrote:Anyway, as i seem to be rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way (which was never my intention) i will bid yoiu adeiu.

COYS!
Gee, and just as I was voting your chat up line to G.G. in the all-time greats list:

"Haven't you ever watched Fiddler on the Roof and wondered?".

Sheer class. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 am

thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:So you are saying that all Spurs fans are Jewish?

You are a bit of a tit, aren't you?
LOL. Brilliant. Accuse someone of being in the BNP because they are proud their club has a predominantly English back bone - that's fine. Suggest that Jews or fans of a club with strong Jewish links are unlikely to be in a ultra-right wing party and you are a tit. Love it.
no - really - that won't do, will it?

Bruce asked if you were in the BNP.

You suggested that was a ridiculous question because Spurs have a religion - presumably Judaism.

Bruce's question would only be preposterous if YOU were Jewish - not if the club had an historic link.

Are you seriously suggesting that there are no Spurs fans who belong to the BNP? (if so - you're wrong - because I personally know 2 spurs fans who live in Dagenham and belong to the BNP and one Barking.)

You did set out appearing to be better than this - but it seems GG has got under your skin and sent you off the rails a bit... that's disappointing...
Well he would be with that lot

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 am

It all went wrong when you slagged off our Jack.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 am

Wheres the roast potato gone?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 am

Hoboh wrote:Wheres the roast potato gone?
I think he's gone to lick his Harry Redknapp poster...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 am

You scared him off Bish.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:08 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:You scared him off Bish.
nahh - GG showed him her bulging cabinet - and he was intimidated! :wink: